What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze Hybrid Thread

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
The fire 🔥 in this thread is absolutely chainless. Spring has sprung around here and you all make me sleepless trying to keep up.

C401805E-7587-4DAF-89D8-6CB37CCBF9F4.jpeg

Koondense

Veteran
A couple noob questions for haze x skunk#1 growers...
Got three young plants of the Haze x Shunk#1 by Cultivator's choice, 2 weeks of veg, they're the most vigorous of all in this run. One seed was much bigger than two others, got one big seed/pack, all others are very small.
How much after sprouting can I expect them to reveal their gender?
How long after sprout is it "normal" to put this hybrid in flower? Expected flowering time?
Thinking about 15L pots, 3-5 plants in a 90x90, flip in early may.

Cheers

goingrey

A couple noob questions for haze x skunk#1 growers...
Got three young plants of the Haze x Shunk#1 by Cultivator's choice, 2 weeks of veg, they're the most vigorous of all in this run. One seed was much bigger than two others, got one big seed/pack, all others are very small.
How much after sprouting can I expect them to reveal their gender?
How long after sprout is it "normal" to put this hybrid in flower? Expected flowering time?
Thinking about 15L pots, 3-5 plants in a 90x90, flip in early may.

Cheers

O. Haze x Skunk #1 from Cultivator's Choice is the most stretchy variety I have ever grown. I would flip them sooner rather than later. It was quite some years ago so can't remember exactly how long they took to sex or flower, but I do remember them taking their sweet time. Even though it's 50% Skunk #1 in theory, in practice it doesn't grow like that. Expect about 4 months of flowering.

5 plants in a 90x90 tied down or otherwise trained sounds great. 15l pots sound ok.

All of my seeds were tiny both in the original pack and the f2's. Maybe the big one is something else that ended up in the baggie by accident? Could of course also be something like seed from a pollinated preflower, never know.

Koondense

Veteran
Thanks for the input!
The pollen on preflower can make sense. The big seed plant is labeled differently so I'll follow her development and compare it to the other two.
Being regs of course there's a chance there will be males in the mix, I would not mind one male. The 4 month flowering sounds a bit wild, was hoping for 3 at most.
Had a F2 plant of panama(12-13W) and original haze(17-19w) which finished in 10-11 weeks.
It's still early so I have to plan a suitable setup for the summer flowering, sometimes it can get very very hot... was hoping to finish this round before end of july.
Well, maybe I'll just take clones and flower them in autumn, if they turn out too stretchy.

Cheers