What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2019-2020

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
U make a good point, some experts also noted that trading away your 1st rd pick from last year for a future 1st rd pick is more of a lateral move than an improvement, and u run the risk of that future pick being a bust, whereas u know minkah is a good player now.

But im thinking the Fins could be decent as soon as next year, with all those picks. The raiders traded away their good players last year for picks and are looking fairly decent this year, although it’s early.

Yeah, Mariota and Jameis are also struggling, and like you said brees and ben are injured. At least goff is healthy and has had 2 good seasons, so it’s just a matter of time before he breaks out im sure.

Minshew had another good game for the jags, could have had a 3rd td if dede didn’t drop one. He didn’t have to do much with the jags shutting down the titans with 9 sacks, but he’s displaying good accuracy, not turning the ball over, quick decision making. He’s like the anti-bortles. Sometimes he doesn’t even wear the jockstrap when stretching, supposedly, but I think its out of view of the cameras when theyre doing locker room interviews so not sure we’ll ever see pics.

Yeah, being able to grow outdoors during the summer is a blessing. Do you notice a difference in quality between indoor and outdoor? Maybe greater yield outdoor, tighter buds indoor? I always thought outdoor getting UV light from the sun would make a difference in potency…

Im going to fire up the grill this weekend, ill be sure to post pics. Im pretty much interested in all the games, due to my fantasy teams, but ravens-chiefs should be great, im interested to see how pitt, NO and Carolina do with their new QBs (cam is in a walking boot, not likely to play) and how that affects their RBs and WRs, and of course bears and redskins on MNF. This will be the worst D trubs faces yet, if he sucks it up again im not sure if he’s salvageable at this point.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
oh wow, i havent been following trubinski that much this season, but you think this is the end of his days in chicago?!?
its still early and hopefully he will turn things around for you guys
goff has had a slow start but i tihnk he will pick it up as the season goes on and the defense will hopefully carry them over the weak spots
the browns game should be a good one, they have a ok defense and might put up just enough points on offense to make it interesting
ravens v chiefs looks like its going to be the game of the week with two red hot qbs
the jags defense finally looked like the D they were supposed to be
minshaw looked good again and i think he might just become the new starter in jax
we will see how the raiders look this weekend but im still not ready to buy into their early success the chargers look like they are poised to slump and it should be a good game this weekend against the texans
indoor you definitely get better bag appeal but it comes at a cost
i think good outdoor has a special terroir, something about the unique micro climates to each area
i used to grow outdoors in the native soil but now that im growing in buckets it makes it a little more consistent
that would be rad of you could post up some pics og the grinds this weekend, what are you thinking of grilling up?
its friday brother and i hope you have a great weeeknd!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I think the bears have to make a decision on whether to extend trubisky after this year. If he’s terrible all year maybe they move on, not even pick up his 5th year option like the bucs and titans did with their qb’s. The problem is that there’s no other qb on the roster with good prospects. Chase Daniel is just replacement level. I suppose they could go back to the draft and hope they get a good prospect without a top pick, like lamar Jackson (end of 1st) or Minshew (6th rd).

Browns and rams Sunday night will be interesting, Mayfield vs goff, we’ll see if both can turn it around. I think goff has to worry about myles garrett, who ended siemien’s season with 2 roughing the passer penalties. He tends to wrap up and land on the qb with his full weight, which is no Bueno.

If Minshew keeps it up maybe foles stays on the bench even after he heals. That might be ideal, foles seems to do his best work from the bench.

I think the chargers gave up 13 pts on 2 missed kicks and ekelar fumbling at the goal line. If not for that they would have won handily. Raiders didn’t score much against the chiefs, I think josh Jacobs had to leave the game with an injury. They held the chiefs scoreless in 3 quarters, just that one quarter they gave up 4tds. Its still early in the season, so ur right, still hard to tell with most teams how good or bad they are.

Im going to grill some steaks and chicken thighs. I marinated the thighs in some orange juice and adobo seasoning so we’ll see how they turn out. I think you use OJ a lot in marinades? The acid and the sugar helps to tenderize the meat?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
orange juice is a great liquid for marinades! my neighbors nana showed me that
like you said, the acids help soften the meat and it had this unique sweet and tartness
it sounds like it will have a nice pollo asado flavor to it with the oj and adobo seasoning
what sides do you usually like
/ serve that up with corn tortillas and some black beans with chopped onions & cilantro in it
que sabor!
browns rams will be a fun game for sure
it seems like m.garret is getting a bad reputation around the league for giving that extra something when he gets to the qb
i tihnk he has like four personal fouls so far this season and im sure the rams are going to be keeping an eye on him( possibly keeping m.brown in on passing plays to block )
not only will the refs be all over him but the o'linemen take that kind of thing personally and take care of their qb
im sure a lot of teams around the league are wishing they picked up minshew
i like his swagger and it looks like he has an ok arm; if the defense can keep playing like they should (and they can iron things out with j.ramsey) i like the direction they are going in
/the question im having is whats up with l.fournette
hope the chicken come out super bomb and you are having a great weekend baba

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
It’s been a bit rainy here so not sure I can break out the grill yet, if not I can always bake the thighs in the oven and cook the steaks on a cast iron pan, wont have that smoke flavor but should still be nice.

Ive never really marinated my meat the last few years, mostly due to laziness, but hopefully this will turn out well. Ive got a few corn tortillas, some rice, some potatoes. The woman likes black beans a lot but we need to buy some. So not much in the way of sides as far as vegetables go. I have a bunch of leftover cheese I could make a nice mac n cheese with if I make the effort.

I didn’t know garrett already has 4 personal foul penalties, im surprised he hasn’t been fined by the league yet or even suspended for a game. Landing on top of a QB is how Rodgers broke his collarbone two separate times, it’s bad enough u do it against a backup like siemiens but doing it against goff would definitely make people pissed off.

Minshew is very accurate, ur right that he doesn’t have a cannon arm but he throws with good anticipation, puts it where only his guy can get to it, seems to read the field well. For a 6th rd pick that’s amazing, a lot of times teams cut draft picks that low in their first training camp. I thought Fournette, now that he’s healthy, would have a good year but he hasn’t put up good stats even though he’s getting a lot of carries. Even that long run he broke off against the titans, I thought he would score but he got caught from behind. He went in the same draft as trubisky, I suppose the jags may be wishing they went a different direction too…

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
i think before fournette broke that run last week his rushing totals were in the negative numbers
i think he had something like -6yds
i dont think he is hurt, but he sure isnt moving the ball like i was expecting either
thats interesting that hes from the same draft class as trubs; that would mean that this is the year that the jags would pick up his 5th year option?
/ maybe him and trubinsky need to get on the ball and show they were worth the investment or risk getting cut
i think garrett has been fined this season; after looking into it hes been fined over 50k so far this season
https://www.ohio.com/sports/20190921/browns-myles-garrett-fined-42112-by-nfl-for-two-roughing-passer-penalties-vs-jets/1
baked chicken thighs is awesome and if you want, you can bake them and then give them a few minutes in that cast iron pan to brown them a bit
i like my black beans too and buy them at costco in those boxes of 6 cans
im a big fan of sides and put just about much effort into making them as i do my main dishes
hope you had a great saturday friend and are all set for game day tomorrow!

MrBungle

That was a wreckless type of tackle on Semian from Garrett, but I don't think that breaking his ankle was intentional...

It seems like everyone is calling him a dirty player for a few penalties.. I can't remember that ever happening to a premier defensive player so quick.... usually it takes a couple blatant penalties like stepping on a running back facemask or dropping the quarterback on their head (more than once) or kicking a lineman in the nuts... not these lame ass new era rules.... come on now... if he is still making these penalties at the end of the season I can MAYBE see it.. but, right now? give me a break

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
im not a fan of the new rules either, mrBungle but thats how the gaem is played now days
fwiw, i think m.garrett is actually a really good guy and has a ton of potential in the nfl (read a great piece in espn magazine about him when he was drafted and he seemed really cool and down to earth)
i dont think he is intentionally hurt anyone and it look like hes justs playing hard
his penalties arent things like hitting/kicking other players or taking cheap shots and being overly aggressive
but with all the new rules the refs are going to be watching him like a hawk and you know they will throw the flag on plays they might have overlooked otherwise
hes a smart young man and he cant keep costing his team penalty yards with stupid mistakes

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, myles doesn’t seem like a bad sort, but last year was the first year you couldn’t land on a qb, I think the packers lost a game cause clay Mathews drew a flag for that. Which is ironic cause that rule was put in place when Rodgers got landed on by a Viking and broke his collarbone the year before.

So you cant really wrap up a QB anymore and land on them, if you grab them have to at least land sideways with them, not on top of them. He did that twice to siemiens, the second time siemiens ankle twisted under him. Not sure if landing on him made a difference in his injury, but probably didn’t help.

Yeah, I think all 2017 draft picks are in their 3rd year this season, and 1st rounders their teams can exercise a 5th yr option which is usually a raise for the player. If a player is even halfway decent they usually do the 5th year, if theyre pretty good they’ll do that plus a big extension. Mahomes and deshaun Watson are going to get big extensions, trubisky and Fournette, maybe just a 5th yr option if theyre lucky…

What do ya’ll think of Antonio brown getting cut again for sending harassing texts to some artist that he sexually harassed earlier? Think anyone will sign him again? Bills, bears, dolphins? Heh.

picture.php

Bought a beef tenderloin for only $7/lb, cut them up into thick steaks, seasoned with steak seasoning (mostly coarse salt, pepper, garlic, onion, red pepper etc) an hour or two before cooking.

picture.php

Marinated the thighs in OJ and adobo seasoning for 2 days, turning over 2-3x a day.

picture.php

Had a container of sliced mushrooms in the fridge that were starting to go bad, made some mushroom sauce for the steaks with butter and sherry and steak juices.

picture.php

Steaks turned out good, nice and pink in the middle, very tender, really good with the shrooms.

picture.php

The thighs I sort of burned at the beginning, didn’t turn down the heat enough (I did them after the steaks) so they got blackened a bit more than I wanted. Most of the black is superficial though, not really ashy, I think the sugar from the Orange juice contributed to the darkness also. Then I turned down the heat too low and the skin, where it wasn’t blackened, didn’t really crisp up enough, not like I get in the oven with more even temps. Taste was good, could taste the marinade in the meat, mostly tasted slightly salty imo. Im thinking of experimenting with it a bit, maybe use soy sauce, sugar, other seasonings in the OJ marinade. Also cooking it at an even 300-350 will really help to crisp up that chicken skin, love crispy skin.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
what a sunday of games!
rams v browns came down to the very last play and i was on the edge of my seat the whole game
the rams offense was flat and seemed like it just couldent get any traction moving the ball
if mayfield played the second half like he did the first few drives they would have been in trouble
mayfield looked good when he could go to his first read and it looked like they were throwing in a bunch of play action to keep the defense honest
you had to respect their run game and chubb had a solid game on the ground
we got totally lucky against the browns with some solid defensive stands and a few wtf plays by the browns
if they plan on getting back to the post season, the rams need to turn it up a notch or two
speaking of penalties, this weekend was a shit show of flags!
i guess if you land at the qbs feet or even touch him and he falls its going to draw a flag
no one wants to see their star players get hurt, butat some point these rules are going to start to take away from the game
ravens lost to the chiefs, but l.jackson was juking guys off their feet!
he put in some work on sunday and is having a great season!
those steaks look amazing and who dosent like a good mushroom sauce!?!
who dosent like crispy skin baba?
the chicken thighs looks great and i bet they were super moist
i dotn mind a little char on my meat one but; like you said, they arent burned and i bet they had good flavor
adobo is kind of salty but im sure you can make your own and get the same flavor profile with less sodium
/i tihnk its mostly pepper, onion powder and garlic powder
according to his latest tweets or whatever, i guess ab has quit football
i cant believe what mess hes made of things so far, but its hard for me to feel bad for the guy
i dont think anyone is willing to take a chance on him the rest of tis season with all the litigation he might be facing and the threat of suspension hanging over his head; but i doubt this is thelast weve heard from him

MrBungle

Yea it was a competitive game between the Browns and the Rams...

I feel like The Browns lost that looosey goosey feeling of just going out there and playing...
They put too much on themselves while trying to build themselves up....

I think the guy who is taking the brunt of that is Kitchens, but he also deserves it..

He is making some really shitty redzone play calls ( among other things)...

1st and goal at the 4 and not one run play?

Only pass plays That were not to the STAR RECEIVERS

C'mon Freddie pull your head out of your ass before its too late

I think overall The Rams played down to the Browns and The Browns played up to The Rams...

The team who was supposed to win, won anyways....

Add good coaching to The Browns sidelines and they probably would've won

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I think ever since the superbowl teams are playing 6 man fronts against the rams to take away their zone running game with gurley, and it’s sort of handicapped their O so far. One positive is that Goff threw for multiple td’s, the first time I think in 10 games going back to last season and the playoffs, but he also threw 2 picks. But ur right Pop, they’ve been one of the highest scoring teams the last 2 years, u have to figure they need to keep that up if they want to stay contenders.

Mayfield has been the #24 QB in fantasy scoring so far, so a very disappointing start for him. His first read seems to be looking downfield for big plays, but his o-line isn’t holding blocks and he’s constantly getting pressured and having to scramble. And Bungle is right, kitchens’ playcalling was very wtf: a draw play on 4th and 9 at midfield, 4 straight passes on 1st and goal with 3 timeouts at the end of the game? But at least kitchens took the blame afterwards, hopefully he makes some changes.

The chicken was tender enough, although dark meat tends to be more tender in general. When i cook thighs in the oven without any seasoning or marinade they get pull apart soft.

I like salt in my meat, and actually wanted the thighs to have more flavor than they did, couldn’t really taste the orange flavor at all, and the adobo has onion and garlic, etc like you said but couldn’t really taste that either. Maybe it was the smoke flavor overpowering the subtler flavors in the marinade, but for 2 days marinating time I was hoping for a more pronounced flavor other than smoke and salt, not that that’s bad. But ill keep tweaking the recipe, maybe some more sugar will help bring out the other flavors? I guess in general if you want a lot of flavors in chicken you probably want to have a sauce on it, marinade is going to be more subtle in imparting flavor...

I guess AB is going to let the union try to fight for his signing bonus money he was due from the Patriots the week after they cut him, but he sent some disparaging tweets about Kraft so the team will probably fight hard not to pay him.
One thing that struck me about all his issues is that he’s being sued by several different people over unpaid debts, most of them not huge amounts, the highest was 50K for catering food for parties he held during the Pro bowl. The thing with him was he grew up poor, even homeless at times. Now that he has money, his first instinct is to stiff working class folks and make fun of poor people? Maybe that’s what he thinks rich people do, is take advantage of people less fortunate than themselves. But he just sounds like a big, selfish jerkoff, and I think Pop is right, most teams and their fans are happy he’s not on their team.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
great takes man!
browns are playing a red hot b.more ravens team this week and they will have their work cut out for them , MrBungle
lets hope that they learned from their mistakes against the rams and take a step foreward

the bears defense took over monday night!
hopefully trubinski will get hot at some point because they are playing in one of the hottest divisions right now
a lot of the kitchens play calls seemed to be pulled out of a hat; the draw play on 4rth down and not letting his beast rb, chubb get at least one touch in the red zone
/the way chubb was running he could have fallen in for the td
rams play the bucs this week but i would like to see them really put up some points on offense, especially through the air
donald has had an impact but still only has one sack so far this season
thats a good take on ab, how he grew up poor and should know better than to try and cheat people out of money they have earned
/like they should just be happy that hes even asking them to work for him
the funny thing is, the pats are refusing to pay him his signing bonus because of the pending litigation
/ he has become a total joke of a person and i question his mental balance
the orange juice marinate dosent really add that much flavor but it brings a little sweet and some acid
like you said, if you want to really taste the orange, you might need to make your own sauce or glaze to finish things off at the end
/orange chicken kicks ass!

hope you guys are having a great week
this monday was the offical start to fall
it was nice and cool last night and we woke up to some thick patchy fog this morning
im ready for the cooler weather and a change of season

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Trubs had 3tds passing vs the redskins, a lot of those came on short fields because the D was dominant, like you said Pop. ‘Skins are not a good D either so not sure you can say mitch has improved a lot, but hopefully it builds up his confidence. He had one good throw on a long td that the receiver made a great play on to stay in bounds, but then threw a bad INT in the endzone when he tried to throw a fade to A-rob. So, ups and downs with him, and like you mentioned Pop, the NFC north all look pretty good, and mitch still has 5 games left in the division, im thinking there will be more bad games for him soon…

I think you’ll see a lot more quick passes from the browns, OBJ is one of the best in the league at taking short passes for long gains. Hopefully they get it fixed soon, I have OBJ in a league and other than week 2 when OBJ took a quick slant 90yds for a TD, he’s been underwhelming.

Aaron Donald had 20 sacks last season but only 1 through 3 games? Maybe Suh leaving meant more double teams on Donald this year?
Ur right though, Rams do need to step it up. They played a hurt Cam in week 1, a hurt Brees in week 2, and an ineffective browns offense in week 3. Bucs gave up a bunch of pts to Daniel jones and the giants last week but other than that were playing pretty good D, and their O is getting better too. So we’ll see how they do. I know Gurley has been an RB3 so far (ranked 20-30 among fantasy RBs) and many fantasy owners are panicking about his usage and performance so far.

I think AB would justify stiffing people because he thought the social media ‘fame’ they would get by being associated with him would be their payment. Like he’d send a tweet or two about the meal this chef cooked or this doctor who gave him fitness advice and that would be their payment. The only problem is that that wasn’t their agreement, they never would have agreed to work for him for tweets or whatever, they wanted actual money. Honestly it reminds me of how tiger woods got in trouble with all his girlfriends, if he wasn’t such a cheapskate and had given them some money (10-100k each?) maybe they wouldn’t have blabbed to the media about their affairs. He lost every endorsement he had except with nike after his scandal broke out. Same with AB, if he had just paid some of these women off maybe he’d still have his 15M/yr job. It’s like dropping a $100 bill to pick up a $10. Paying a little now can save you a bunch in the future.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
its going to be another fun week of football fellows!
tomorrow we get to see the pats v the eagles and this weekend we have a bunch of hot action in the early games
im will be be splitting time between the pats v bills and the browns v ravens
/most likely paying more attention to the bills/ pats game as long as its good
rams play the bucs in the afternoon and hopefully they can get the offense back on track
im sure donald will get his numbers up as the season goes on
clay mathews has stepped up his game and and playing like a younger version of clay mathews
he leads the team with 4 sacks and a couple forced fumbles so far this season
d.fowler is playing well (2 sack so far) also so its only a matter of time before a.donald has a big game or two
chicago has a real test v the vikings this weekend and we will see if their defense can slow down a hot mini run game
if trubs can move to the next lvel as a qb i think the bears are in really good shape for the rest of the season
there are a lot of people who are willing to work for a mention on twitter or "experience", but if thats not agreed upon up front than its not part of the deal
likes on social media dont pay the bills
hope you are having a great week baba
how are you doing on the left over chicken and beef?

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yup, packers vs eagles should be interesting tonite, two teams with playoff, maybe even championship, aspirations. Rodgers has only put up average passing stats so far, it's the pack's D that's been leading the way, much like goff and the rams. We'll see how they match up against philly, im hoping for an entertaining game.

I saw that clay mathews did well against the browns. His last few years in green bay he didnt put up good numbers but wade phillips is probably bringing him in only on passing downs, maximizing his talents and energy for what he does best.

Not sure what to think of the bears vs vikings, i guess it will be a defensive battle. The vikes probably wont be able to run effectively on the bears, so looks like another low scoring (and probably boring) match. But so long as chicago comes out with a win...

Still got plenty of chicken and steak left, although we gave away most of the steak to family. Made a nice fried rice with the chicken and a bunch of kale, that seemed almost healthy. And we bought more mushrooms so made another sauce for the steaks, actually cut up some of it and put it right into the sauce, made a nice mushroom-beef dish to top the kale fried rice with.

Theres this asian grocery store that sells the beef tenderloins for $7/lb, which is even cheaper than sams club at 10-12/lb. Not sure why they sell it so cheap, but it's just as good as sams and is a great all around beef for steaks, stir frys, etc. Nice and tender by itself, no big lines of fat or gristle in the meat.

MrBungle

Clay Matthews' dad was being entered into The Browns Ring of Honor for that game... So I'm sure there was a lot of friends and family there to watch, that may have been part of it as well...

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
i saw that mathews family was at the game in cleveland
im sure having your dad honored like that would have been a big boost
he played like the clay mathews of old and hopefully he can maintain that intensity for the whole season
so whats your take on b.mayfield MrBungle so far this season
it seems like a lot of people are writing him off after his slow start

wade is a defensive genius
i bet you are right and next game i will have to pay attention to how they are utilizing mathews in passing situations
i think we are going to see another defensive game with the rams v the bucs unless goff gets a hot hand
so far the story of the season is all about that D
maybe its easier for the defense in the first few weeks to get back into their groove and you are right that a'rog is another qb off to a slow start
it looks like m.gordon is done with his hold out and the chargers say hes back in the starting lineup
we will see howit boosts their offensive production but i think the run game has been on track so far this season
/penalties and bad luck have cost them a couple wins; but hey f-spanos
do they have a grade on the meat at teh asian market?
they usually have really good deals on fish and seafood at the local asian markets here in san diego and i like to get the bulgogi at the korean stores
/its like thin sliced marinated beef
that fried rice sounds awesome man, top that with the steak and mushroom sauce and you have a solid meal there brother!
i like to add a couple hand fulls of cole slaw mix to my fried rice or noodles for texture and it makes me feel like im eatting healthy like you said
the mrs and my mom are all about kale and make this kale salad that is pretty good
hope your week is wrapping up nicely and you have a great weekend ahead of you

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, i knew clay's family played in the league but didnt know his dad was a great player for the browns before they moved the team to baltimore. Good for his dad to be honored like that in a game his son played in.

Rodgers got back on track last night with over 400yds passing and 2 td's, although they got ripped by the eagles running game and lost. Jordan howard had 3 td's, people are saying nagy is a moron for not using him more last year, and for ignoring the run game this year again.

Ive read some things bashing Goff, saying he's had the most turnovers in the league his last 12 games or something, including playoffs. But mostly he's been really good under mcvay for 2 years, u have to think he'll figure it out even if gurley isn't dominant anymore. Maybe he needs to get robert woods involved more, woods was a top 12-15 WR when he's getting good looks from goff.

MG is with the team but probably wont play this week, he missed all of camp so he'll need some time to get up to speed. F-spanos indeed but supposedly spanos got the better end of the stadium deal over kroenke. Like supposedly the chargers were supposed to sell 400M worth of PSL's (personal seat licenses) for the new stadium but theyve sold way less, probably under 100M worth, because theyve got no fans in LA. So stan kroenke is pissed because he's got to make up the difference, and that stadium is like way over budget (thought it would be 1.9B to build, it's over twice that) so he might end up suing spanos. Couldnt happen to a nicer pair of owners.

I think the meat is just choice, which is pretty standard. Might be select, which is one grade lower, but not sure if that's common in grocery stores?

I like their marinated meats as well but unless it's on sale the bulgogi is like $5lb, i figure for an extra $2lb i can get filet mignon, which is what tenderloin basically is. It's soft enough where i can use it in sandwiches without slicing it really thin or slow cooking it to make it really soft. I hate steak sandwiches that are so tough and chewy that you cant even get a bite out of it.

The woman likes to buy kale and broccoli, i humor her by using it in dishes once in a while, otherwise it just goes bad in the fridge...

MrBungle

The Browns had a chance to get Clay Matthews this off season... I would've LOVED for that to happen, just for nostalgia alone