What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

amnesia haze

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
I've been recently discussing about this topic with a friend who knew someone involved and finally got the true story of Soma's AH. The lineage was already discussed within the community but it was nice to get another version of the story.

Soma used to get Amnesia buds from Hy-Pro crew through someone else, and within those buds, he found plenty bagseeds and a nice keeper. Then, Soma decided to pollinate this plant with the renowned and proven G13/Haze male and release those. Following a similar breeding scheme after his other strains. :)

When Hy-Pro guys realized Soma knocked them off, they decided to release their own S1 version. So in order to learn how to produce S1 seeds, they exchanged advice and guidance for an original Amnesia cut with Dinafem crew... and then started producing their own since then. So Dinafem got their Amnesia cut from Hy-Pro as well. :biggrin:

Thank you for the info, you know who u are! ;)

Vibes.

belgowiet

Amnesia hypro grown in hydro setup
picture.php

belgowiet

what is your flowering time for this cut of amnesia haze ? i smoke that cut in 2012 it was the best amensia cut ever.

hey i noticed few years backaround 07 soma's cut that i got whas ready in13w more sweet&sour amnesia HAZE pheno .
Now around 2011-2016 every thing i come across is from hypro (superstrainz) ready in 9.5-10w very sweet tasting amnesia . Not my fav. anymore...
I'm speaking of my own experience based from where i'm living.

Last edited:

belgowiet

are these phenos common in every pack or did you go through lot of packs.

a only tried one female seed from super strainz (hypro )
got a nice sativa dom. pheno typical sweet amnesia smell - taste.
took her for 10.5 weeks i think .

but i tried a few packs of soma's...
all plants had that distinct amnesia aroma/taste but with a more sour hazy influence from the dad . (Amnesia X G13/haze) = Amnesia Haze !
i'm speaking of almost 10 years i go so i dont know what to expect now.

for me super strainz wouldn't be an options because i dont keep moms from fem seeds .. except if you wanne pay 650€ for 3 reg seeed , as you can see on there website :laughing:.

Dog Star

Veteran
Have Amnesia Haze elite cut,Silver Haze old cut and Amnesia Core cut...

and the best is Silver Haze,but a strongest is Amnesia Core..

Amnesia Haze is very simmilar to Amnesia Core,actually all 3 plants are
hard to recognize who is who,but a Silver Haze is biggest yielder and have smell
on lemons in organic setup.

Silver Haze i love best cause it have most "friendly" type of stone from all 3,
from Amnesia Core i get twichy and nervouss..

belgowiet

Amnesia Haze is very simmilar to Amnesia Core,actually all 3 plants are hard to recognize who is who.

i found out that SSH is more musty older smelling.
while amnesia had a more sweeter fresher smell after they are dried - cured.
and the one from soma just got more haze to it ( witch we selected from seeds in 2007 )

hey did you ever hear about that c5 (S5?) haze cutting that is going around ?

C5 haze
picture.php

picture.php

Super Silver Haze
picture.php

GoatCheese

Veteran
I just have to ask..

According to Soma himself, Amnesia Haze is "South East Asian-Jamaican -Afghan-Hawaiian", where did this claim it's SSH X G13Haze come from?

Dog Star

Veteran
Amnesia Haze have like Parsnip some undertone..

Amnesia Core is pure candy smell,sweetest smell that i was found..

S5 i hear for her but for now didnt have a luck to get her.. that is cut from same family of plants,will love to get this one in a future,hurd good things for S5..

also one Dutch explained that S5 mark means that you are not
fit for army or something like that...

so you like S5??

Kind regards Belgowiet :tiphat:

belgowiet

I just have to ask..

According to Soma himself, Amnesia Haze is "South East Asian-Jamaican -Afghan-Hawaiian", where did this claim it's SSH X G13Haze come from?

Its actually amnesia (hypro cut) X g13/haze dad witch he used in a lot of he's seed crossings from 03/04
where amnesia cames from ... rumor goes that it whas found in a bag of ssh from gh somewhere the 90's? thats why they taste / smell /look similar

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Since the last couple of times i'm smoking S5 and must say a very nice uplifting pheno.Like the incense aroma of Amnesia ganja also very much and the strength of the high.
Didn't like the catpiss pheno of Amnesia, to much indica and the high-stoned effect is a bit dull.
What i heard is that you can't self the S5, doesn't react on STS.

The Amnesia which was send in by Harborside didn't have any connection with SSH in the Phylos galaxy.

Keep on growing :)

GoatCheese

Veteran
Its actually amnesia (hypro cut) X g13/haze dad witch he used in a lot of he's seed crossings from 03/04
where amnesia cames from ... rumor goes that it whas found in a bag of ssh from gh somewhere the 90's? thats why they taste / smell /look similar

Yea, so the "rumor goes"..:biggrin:
Soma clearly states it's SE Asia-Jamaica-Afghan-Hawaiian.

http://www.somaseeds.nl/amnesia-haze.html

Amnesia Haze won first prize at the High Times Cannabis Cup 2012.

Amnesia Haze is a very complicated genetic cross. You have the magnificent Southeast Asian genetics, (Thai sticks, Cambodian, Laotian) of which were my all time favorites. Then you have the fine Jamaican Haze varieties with their high THC percentage and sharp flavor. It also has an Afghani-Hawaiian genetic crossed in, speeding up the flowering time and further enhancing the taste. The result is a strain that has won first place in 3 different cannabis contests in the Netherlands in the past years, including The High Times Cannabis Cup 2004. Barney’s Breakfast Bar won first place for the all-around Cannabis Cup with the Amnesia Haze that he got from me. It has continued to be one of his best sellers to this present date. For a grower the Amnesia Haze is a slight challenge, taking up to 13 weeks to finish flowering, but with the excellent yield and amazing high and taste, it is well worth it.

belgowiet

so you like S5??

the s5 smells like super sweet candy (the most sweetest from all )
and the frostiest looking buds of all 10/10 for bag appeal.
on some dutch forums she goes around see some grow journals from her .ill look maybe i can get some more info about her
1 of the most expensive strains in Dam right now going for 16€ / gr.

belgowiet

Soma clearly states it's SE Asia-Jamaica-Afghan-Hawaiian.

Yep and everything what soma says in treu . ( or any other seed company )
:laughing:

nothing but respect for the crossing he made ..
i'm enjoying amnesia haze en nyc diesel for over 12 years now , smoking it daily :thank you:
and after 12 years of smoking and growing amnesia i'm 200% sure thats she related to ssh in.

but dont forget the Seeds Industry is a Seedy Business..

GoatCheese

Veteran
Has anyone of you grown BCBD's Amnesia Haze, a re-production of Soma's Amnesia Haze apparently?
I really liked the Amnesia HAze i smoked in Amsterdam (coffeeshop Voyagers) but Soma's original Amnesia seeds cost too much for me.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Yep and everything what soma says in treu .
:laughing:

nothing but respect for the crossing he made ..
i'm enjoying amnesia haze en nyc diesel for over 12 years now , smoking it daily :thank you:
and after 12 years of smoking and growing amnesia i'm 200% sure thats she related to ssh in.

but dont forget the Seeds Industry is a Seedy Business..

..sure, but also these weed forums are filled with people who swallow most rumors with the hook and sinker without even bothering to double chsck the claim.

The Amnesia Haze i smoked i Dam was very different to SSH or Mango Haze. Tasted nothing like them, effect was way lighter. Closer to NEvil's Haze, but alot fruitier..kinda like sweet pears.
I think Voyagers are selling the Cup Winning cut from Soma, but i'm not 100% sure.

belgowiet

Has anyone of you grown BCBD's Amnesia Haze, a re-production of Soma's Amnesia Haze apparently?
I really liked the Amnesia HAze i smoked in Amsterdam (coffeeshop Voyagers) but Soma's original Amnesia seeds cost too much for me.

Nope first time i hear about them making amnesia haze seeds lol.
soma's beans are very expensive , maybe you should try amnesia from (hypro) superstrainz there fems but available in 3 packs.
should come very close to what you smoked in amsterdam .
dont believe everything they say on the menu , last years its very hard to find soma's version because of 2-3 weeks extra flowering imo

GoatCheese

Veteran
i found out that SSH is more musty older smelling.
while amnesia had a more sweeter fresher smell after they are dried - cured.
and the one from soma just got more haze to it ( witch we selected from seeds in 2007 )

hey did you ever hear about that c5 (S5?) haze cutting that is going around ?

C5 haze
View Image
View Image

Super Silver Haze
View Image

I don't think C5 and S5 cuttings are the same

I understand that C5 and A5 Hazes are NL5Hazes, but A5 was done with Nevil's Haze-A male and the C5 with his Haze-C male.

According to some info around www S5 is SSH x Nevil's HAze.

You can see all of these three hazes in pure or hybrid-form on Amsterdam's coffeeshop menus.

Noon, Mellow Yellow's sister shop, is selling the S5 as was Mellow Yellow, but it's closed now. Dampkring and Tweede Kamer have been selling C5 and A5 weed.
:)