What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I rinsed my Canna coco with plain water..Doh!

High guys,

So Im getting ready to transplant in the next day or two into two gallon pots. I read on cocoforcannabis.com to hydrate your coco with tap water if you're using Canna. So to "hydrate all I did was fill up my 2 gal pots with the coco, and put like a gallon or so of water through them until I got some decent runoff. Then I added another liter of water with 2ml of calmag to each one and thats where I left them to sit for the night.

Should I not have run plain water through them? Ive been reading a lot on this subject and am starting to get a little overwhelmed. Anyone have any advice they could give to a new grower?

Thanks!

DJXX

Veteran
you should alway rinse the coco til you get runoff to measure the ph....i have had to rinse it twice before recharging it.....cause the first runoff was over 8.0 ph...now i use Botanicare Cocogro 5 kilo bricks and after a few times of checking it...it was perfect...the best coco in my opinion..DJXX

DJXX,

So when you say recharge it do you mean watering with regular nutrient solution and or Calmag? I did not test the runoff for ph but I did test for EC which was very low like 50ppm. What do I need to do if at all to recharge Canna? I think Canna should have a good ph but maybe I’m wrong

Latest posts

Latest posts