What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ever know anyone who took too much LSD?

Green Squall

I'm not talking about on one occasion, I'm talking about someone who takes it excessively over a long period of time. How bad would this eff you up?

troutman

Seed Whore
The actor David Carradine who played Kung Fu took lots of LSD. :biggrin:

He was questioned in an interview and the link is below.

What about drugs. I read somewhere that you had 500 acid trips?

It's true. As a matter of fact, I've probably taken twice as many acid trips as they said in the People article.
The figure they got was probably from a Rolling Stone article that I did during the Kung Fu series about 5
years ago. So if I took 500 acid trips 5 years ago, I'd say I'd probably taken twice as many now.
From here:

Bound for Glory's David Carradine Interview

M

moose eater

I've dropped hundreds, and no, it had no lasting detrimental effects.. though you might want to ask my neighbors if they feel the same way. ;^>)

I think what gets confusing for folks is that there's a difference between a drug having an inherent capacity to do negative things to persons, in general, versus some people having a predisposed mental health issue, however covert or overt, who should avoid specific, if not all, mind-altering drugs.

Just like there's folks who might die if they drink milk or eat peanut butter.

Edit: I had an acquaintance during under-grad years. When he smoked weed, he'd get down-right unglued and bizarre. Fix was simple; I didn't offer or sell him weed. If someone else did, that was on him and them.

troutman

Seed Whore
M

moose eater

If someone has a predisposition to a thought disorder that requires little stress or psychic disorientation to become psychotic, LSD, etc., and even less potent substances, might trigger the active disorder/a psychotic episode.

But there's not necessarily a predictable A + B = C formula there. There are those with thought disorders who can be benefitted by psychedelics, too, though usually in smaller doses. It truly can be an individual thing.

Green Squall

I've dropped hundreds, and no, it had no lasting detrimental effects.. though you might want to ask my neighbors if they feel the same way. ;^>)

I think what gets confusing for folks is that there's a difference between a drug having an inherent capacity to do negative things to persons, in general, versus some people having a predisposed mental health issue, however covert or overt, who should avoid specific, if not all, mind-altering drugs.

Just like there's folks who might die if they drink milk or eat peanut butter.

Edit: I had an acquaintance during under-grad years. When he smoked weed, he'd get down-right unglued and bizarre. Fix was simple; I didn't offer or sell him weed. If someone else did, that was on him and them.

Unfortunately, I do think we are dealing with an undiagnosed mental health issue in this situation and I feel the LSD is exacerbating his issues. He doesn't even smoke weed anymore, but thinks its a good idea to take hallucinogens. It would be easier to ignore if it wasn't a family member. Thanks for your input though.

M

moose eater

How many trips are you planning? :laughing:

I got 1,000 HBWR seeds that I haven't touched yet. They have LSA in them.

LSA is about 1/10th as potent as LSD so I read. :tiphat:

Watch this video of Skor talking about his trips with them and he mentions aliens at one point. :laughing:

Skor tells you about Hawaiian Baby woodrose / LSA Trip info/experience explained.

Used to scrape the outer shells of the HBWRS, and eat roughly a dozen to 15 at a time, and get a pretty good trip. There's recipes for turning them into an extract, then into a paste to dry, and loading the dry paste into capsules.

I think my nearly worthless collectors' copy of the 'Anarchist Cook Book' has a similar recipe in it.

A then-friend, in the mid-70s, who DID have a predisposition to a thought disorder/mental health difficulties, ate some HBWR seeds I'd given him one night, and we ended up walking him around the block all night.

During one lap around the 'hood, he turned to me, and said, "I think I'm going to cash in my cashews." It became a memorable quote.

Green Squall

How many trips are you planning? :laughing:

I got 1,000 HBWR seeds that I haven't touched yet. They have LSA in them.

LSA is about 1/10th as potent as LSD so I read. :tiphat:

Watch this video of Skor talking about his trips with them and he mentions aliens at one point. :laughing:

Skor tells you about Hawaiian Baby woodrose / LSA Trip info/experience explained.

Hahaha I'm fine. I have plenty of experience with shrooms and a few with LSD back in the day. I did however score a couple tabs that I'm going to save for a rainy day!

M

moose eater

Unfortunately, I do think we are dealing with an undiagnosed mental health issue in this situation and I feel the LSD is exacerbating his issues. He doesn't even smoke weed anymore, but thinks its a good idea to take hallucinogens. It would be easier to ignore if it wasn't a family member. Thanks for your input though.

Have you discussed the possibility of micro-dosing with him? There's a fair bit of progress being made in this area, treating all kinds of symptoms/disorders, and it might allow a conversation with him that provides for something other than "STOP THAT!!" so he can feel what ever connection, while decreasing what ever it is that isn't working, and leaving him in the driver's seat..

That said, he might still experience negative effects with micro-dosing, but there's only one way to find out.

MedFaced

^^^

Had one friend who would consistently get into god trips and do dangerous shit. As for myself, just intense hallucinations that were usually followed by extreme moments of personal clarity. Luckily, I had a serious trip buddy and garage dedicated for the purpose.

White Beard

I’ve seen one kid in the last few years.

No idea what he’d taken on the occasion, but I talked to some of his friends and they say it comes and goes, sorta. I used to do drug crisis work, and this guy was the worst-off of any I saw.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
LSD has a profound effect on the brain, where deeply ingrained programming can be formed by emotional situations. This is why you can find many people who seem 'damaged' by their use of it.

Cannabis does this to a milder degree, which makes it a rather safe tool for dealing with PTSD on your own. I'll second the call for additional research on micro-dosing with LSD.

Limeygreen

Veteran
I know of one guy who likes to take 10 or more hits a trip, sometimes it seems upping the dose more than double that in one trips time which can last up to three days. It seems it is one way for him dealing with long time substance abuse (off smack for years now) and the death of his best friend from overdose. Super nice guy just trying to find his way around but I would say, without knowing him very well, smack did worse for him than the acid ever did, it seems the acid allows him to explore and try to breakthrough issues he's having without having ego attached but also an escape from reality.

Green Squall

Have you discussed the possibility of micro-dosing with him? There's a fair bit of progress being made in this area, treating all kinds of symptoms/disorders, and it might allow a conversation with him that provides for something other than "STOP THAT!!" so he can feel what ever connection, while decreasing what ever it is that isn't working, and leaving him in the driver's seat..

That said, he might still experience negative effects with micro-dosing, but there's only one way to find out.

Honestly, I don't think thats a good idea. This has been going on for a long time and its severe enough at this point where I'm not going to enable it, but I'm also not going to outright tell him what he can and can't do. We've talked a little and have had some good conversations, but its difficult with the "pressured talking." Professional help is the best solution here, but you can't force that on someone. I also feel like this is the last straw for my family - get help and we'll be there for you or your not welcome back. I mean, you can't terrorize your family and expect everything to be okay.