What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Energetic/Energy Stimulant Strains?

HillBillyAlien

Hey there! :)

I'm in search for the Clear Headed, Energetic/Energy Stimulate Type Strain!! I have Fatigue every now and then and im in search for the full on kick of energy type strains that don't stone yeah to death but will keep you clear headed for the most part and pack a punch of energy to get on with my day! Thanks

I have a Congo growing that i heard maybe good for this? and i also just finished a Durban Poison Autoflower by Dutch Passion and it seems to be what i'm looking for but after about 30 min to an hour of smoking it made me tired :/

JockBudman

I hold a clone I call Purple Queen that came from a pack of ace mix. Has an effect like weed-coffee, makes me buzzed by very energetic. Not very helpful to you of course but in discussions with dubi it was identified as a pck cross, probably to an Africa sativa of some kind.

Now what I got was a test pack of experimental crosses and, lo and behold, ace seem to have an updated line up with some pck X sativa crosses, including red sapphire, pck X Malawi and violeta (which is an older line they've had for ages) so if I was you I'd pick up something from that line up and with selection you might get something close to what I have.

Good luck

:tiphat:

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I think Congo should work for you, but you do want to stick with the pure "sativa" varieties. Panama is what came to mind for me, because that's the most recent variety I've grown that gave me the energy effects you are looking for. I've heard that it's a safe bet to stick with any of the central American genetics if you want stimulant effects without the crazy psychotomimetic effects of many of the African varieties like Malawi or Durban.

Koondense

Veteran
Congo will probably suit your needs, as was said, stick to sativas.
I'd try Ethiopian x Bangi haze or something similar, with mostly african genes.
Which Congo you have, any pics?
The autoflowers have that "stone" factor no matter how "sativa" they are, maybe the Zamaldelica auto(or photoperiod, why not) would be something more suitable for you.

Cheers

Popey

Veteran
I suggest Bangi Haze because I tested and was energizing / stimulating.
I heard good reviews (but I didn't grow or smoke) about Durban from CBG (not DP or SS). I tested Auto Durban from DP and don't want to come back to it :laughing:

HillBillyAlien

Congo works exactly in this way for me provided I vape it at 175c. If I smoke it it makes me quite muddled

Awesome can't wait til its finished!

I suggest Bangi Haze because I tested and was energizing / stimulating.
I heard good reviews (but I didn't grow or smoke) about Durban from CBG (not DP or SS). I tested Auto Durban from DP and don't want to come back to it :laughing:

Awesome, I have a F2 of Bangi Haze x Chernobyl (Slymer Cut or Golden Ticket Cut.. whatever you wanna call it) i'm waiting to try out whenever i get around to growing it.

Thought about trying out the Durban Punch from topical seed co but have not heard much about it.

Congo will probably suit your needs, as was said, stick to sativas.
I'd try Ethiopian x Bangi haze or something similar, with mostly african genes.
Which Congo you have, any pics?
The autoflowers have that "stone" factor no matter how "sativa" they are, maybe the Zamaldelica auto(or photoperiod, why not) would be something more suitable for you.

Cheers

Congo by ACE and no i don't but its still in veg outdoors, prob 3-4 feet tall and got til the last week of july or so til it should start to flower where im from. yeah i thought about trying out the Zamaldelica auto

I think Congo should work for you, but you do want to stick with the pure "sativa" varieties. Panama is what came to mind for me, because that's the most recent variety I've grown that gave me the energy effects you are looking for. I've heard that it's a safe bet to stick with any of the central American genetics if you want stimulant effects without the crazy psychotomimetic effects of many of the African varieties like Malawi or Durban.

Nice, Panama from who?

I hold a clone I call Purple Queen that came from a pack of ace mix. Has an effect like weed-coffee, makes me buzzed by very energetic. Not very helpful to you of course but in discussions with dubi it was identified as a pck cross, probably to an Africa sativa of some kind.

Now what I got was a test pack of experimental crosses and, lo and behold, ace seem to have an updated line up with some pck X sativa crosses, including red sapphire, pck X Malawi and violeta (which is an older line they've had for ages) so if I was you I'd pick up something from that line up and with selection you might get something close to what I have.

Good luck

:tiphat:

red sapphire seems nice been eye balling that one two

Koondense

Veteran
Panama by Ace or Cannabiogen, maybe the Cannabiogen version is more active, less dense effect compared to Ace panama.
Bangi haze should be a great option too.
Your congo will get big so prepare some support :)

Cheers

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Bruce Banner from ILGM has an uplifting and energetic high with a clear head, it has 32% THC and low CBD, it is easy to grow.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Island Sweet Skunk and C99 are easy to grow. Haze type plants are good but take longer. Gotta try the Bruce Banner one of these days. Have Durban Poison going by way of Dave Coulier, have heard it works well.

First Lady was speedy and clear.

Drewsif

Vaporizer definitely. 3 days to warm up to a new cut and you can wrangle any couching tiger into a ridden dragon at <400f. No time for Sativas anymore, the vape has been a suitable workaround the past 15 years since discovering that eureka moment: tunable hash on demand. No more imports. No more bho that doesn't feel the full high. No rolling huge blunts every day just to taste it more.

Unfortunately the market[ing] has decided to focus on (lead the sheep to) boiling tree sap and perfume out of e cigs so it's hard to recommend an off the shelf unit as they all need reworking/mods.

Latest posts

Latest posts