What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

coco vs hydroton (clay pellets) in ebb and flow?

Canada

Any opinions on using coco in ebb and flow ( flood and drain ) tables ?
I recently seen a person on you tube growing in tables with coco coir and was wondering if it was used as drain to waste or it was flood and drain.

If coco is suitable for ebb tables whats a good watering scheduled.
I have just bought a few bags of the Canna coco 50 liter and some of the Canna 2 part coco nutrients , . I m hoping it is suitable . Any tips or advice for a novice hydro/ coco growing will be welcomed and appreciated . And I seem to remember that coco need extra cal mag ?

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Well you posted in the coco corner so fabric pots are a must if you ebb n flow but calmag is an issue with some strains or some coco.

I too am in the coco corner but I will advise hydroton for flood and drain.

Now there is another issue of coco DTW dripper or blumat style....

Any particular reason you favor your pump for ebb n flow?

R

Rab.C

there is a guy on youtube called Vaderog he runs coco on ebb & flow tables.he has lots of info on there

Latest posts

Latest posts