What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need 12/12 for male floewers to drop pollen?

dddaver

Veteran
I have a C-99/Sweet Skunk in my mini-cab. I just flipped to 12/12 last week. I think it's a boy and want to get some pollen from him. My usual method is to cut-off a few branches before I chop, put the branches in a glass of water, and put them on the other side of the house under a clear 2 liter soda bottle that I have cut the bottom off. Then I have that sitting on dark plastic so I can see the golden pollen they drop. Works like a champ.

But I wonder if I have to keep that pollen collection method in my cab under 12/12 or can I just put it under the natural sunlight with the days being so long right now?

ooops

rolandomota

It will drop pollen even with 24 hours of light after that week of 1212 it's far enough to develop the pollen sacks even if put back in veg

dddaver

Veteran
Cool. Thanks. But I have chopped males too early last 2 grows and don't get any that yellow pollen to drop. Just green little balls of crap. I think my jumping the gun is from fear of fertilizing all the females. But I guess I should wait a bit until I see the nanners form.

Latest posts

Latest posts