What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

:::::::Christian Fellowship- Bible Verse of the Day--Please Contribute:::::::

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
trolling is like smelling your farts in public and hoping everyone enjoys em as much as you do

good job fits the typical IC personas quite well

beta

Veteran
trolling is like smelling your farts in public and hoping everyone enjoys em as much as you do

d89u7.gif

W

Water-

If Christianity is meaningless there should be no meaning there is literally nothing to react to.

This thread is purely voluntary so to enter and then negatively react to it is an exercise in self deprecation and the deprecation of others.

Thoughts and perceptions do not make one an extremist, actions do.

What you should do is lose the notion that you understand the value people get from something that does not make sense to you because that is the source of your frustration.

It would be no different for me to go into hydro threads and admonish people for their methodology.

tl:dr Why don't you show us on the chart where jesus hurt your feelings so bad you insist on being asshole to those who believe in him?

actions like the ones you are taking

W

Water-

and for the record I am a humanist who understand the diversity of belief is a product of p=g+e

I don't judge phenotype I just smoke em

so respect my beliefs and freedom of expression and move along with your judgment.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
so respect my beliefs and freedom of expression and move along with your judgment.

I will when you express them in a thread calling for that belief system to come join in celebrating it through affirmation

as long as you act like a delusional troll with a childish attachment to others beliefs I will be here to remind you of it

I you fill your own cup with discord don't let it over spill here grow the fuck up and move the fuck on.

you and beta really putting the site to good use

get a room might be a good place to work out the tension you both are experiencing

W

Water-

This is the "speakers corner" weird.

you are going to have to accept it that you dont like my opinions
or move along.

trolling me to prove your "point' is not very christian.

you are disrailing the thread as much as anyone else.

turn the other cheek, wise man

"ironically enough the death of god is what gave Christians life I guess that allegory was lost on you"

It was the "son of god" who died, not the big guy in the sky.

so once agian, it was you that the allegory was lost on.

you bore me.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Well yeah, this is the Speakers Corner and pipeline did ask us to Please Contribute, so in hindsite if he wanted to limit who gets to participate maybe it would have been better to set up a User Created Social Group maybe?:tiphat:

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Well yeah, this is the Speakers Corner and pipeline did ask us to Please Contribute, so in hindsite if he wanted to limit who gets to participate maybe it would have been better to set up a User Created Social Group maybe?:tiphat:

Surprised you left went for the straw man AND omitted the fellowship part of the thread.

To what purpose other then devil's advocate?

What is the matter an atheist thread basing other beliefs isn't attractive enough?

What kind of internal malignancy drives that kind of mindless behavior? Either Jesus is real and he is driving your hand by proxy or he is not and it is all on YOU. Pick your choice ether way the only one being malignant is the antagonist not the object of their ire.

W

Water-

Surprised you left went for the straw man AND omitted the fellowship part of the thread.

To what purpose other then devil's advocate?

What is the matter an atheist thread basing other beliefs isn't attractive enough?

What kind of internal malignancy drives that kind of mindless behavior? Either Jesus is real and he is driving your hand by proxy or he is not and it is all on YOU. Pick your choice ether way the only one being malignant is the antagonist not the object of their ire.

Im too skeptical to be an athiest.
--
you may want to look in the mirror.

its you who is personally attacking people and disrailing the thread now

"move the fuck along" ?
you are being very aggresive.

what sort of malignancy drives that?

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
amazing how potent just the notion of God is that it evokes such vitriol which is EXACTLY as prophesied

now if only if people didn't react to the word of god as it was written

Christians are so stupid they do not even know what was meant by the word of god. They think it means the bible...duh. Read John 1;1 for starters. I was raised on this shit, my dad being an evangelist and know it inside and out.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A thread inviting those of like minds to share in said likeness isn't peddling and if it was proselytizing it would have to occur outside this thread

But I do agree your emotional attainment to trolling this thread is completely illogical and based on logic if it wasn't as prophesied you simply wouldn't be here because there would be no meaning of value to attract you be it negative or positive

Weird; I love you but you could not be more incorrect about this dude and thread. He is all about Trump, the closest we have had yet to the beast and he posted multiple infowar links

Look at post one and two;

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If Christianity is meaningless there should be no meaning there is literally nothing to react to.

This thread is purely voluntary so to enter and then negatively react to it is an exercise in self deprecation and the deprecation of others.

Thoughts and perceptions do not make one an extremist, actions do.

What you should do is lose the notion that you understand the value people get from something that does not make sense to you because that is the source of your frustration.

It would be no different for me to go into hydro threads and admonish people for their methodology.

tl:dr Why don't you show us on the chart where jesus hurt your feelings so bad you insist on being asshole to those who believe in him?

If most of this were true then Jesus would not have beat shit out of the money changers. Do not be corrupted by 'Christians' if trying to understand Jesus.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I believe it was CS Lewis who said that you either need to believe that Jesus was the son of god [and therefore god] or you need to believe he was a raving lunatic. One cannot think he was just a great man and teacher.

I bought this for a time until it really dawned on me that this is just what other men wrote about him and not a component of his described behavior. It is a man's behavior which reveals who he is.

His behavior shows that he shunned the church [religion], that he shunned money makers [like Trump], that he held compassion for and hung out with downtrodden drunks, the homeless and hookers.

If Jesus were here he would do his best to throw Trump, Alex Jones and a litany of others out.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
I don't take the OPs inventory, why would I.

What does any of that have to do with the thread title.

If this thread was a sincere call to atheism and a bunch of Christians where to come in and try to marginalize them I would be calling them out as swiftly

it is counter intuitive to humanitarian compassion to marginalizing a whole segment of society on a stereotype including belief

it is ok to care about the soil we all need to live but not the hearts and minds of those we share it with?

I didn't see the thread as a call to challenge christian fellowship but rather sounds like OP just wants to connect with some like minded folks, hows that hurting anyone?

Imma Bri

So much literalness.

Corinthians 3:6 says something about that for a reason. The letter - taken literal kills.

It's a book of spirit, mysticism, and more, for your spirit...

So much drama about a book, when no one does what it says anyways.

Psalm 78 King James Version (KJV)

78 Give ear, O my people, to my law: incline your ears to the words of my mouth.
2 I will open my mouth in a parable: I will utter dark sayings of old:
3 Which we have heard and known, and our fathers have told us.

No one's talking of that stuff. Only the stuff that allows for the bashing of one another.

Romans 3:10*King James Version (KJV)
10*As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one

Everyone is the same. Everyone is here operating in the carnal mind yet somehow throwing stones at one another when they don't even know what they read because it's read literal, and if it was read for the spirit and mysticism it is, there would be no discussion about any such people but the focus on the Word and the lessons.

Take no thought.

Let thy eye be single and your body will be filled with light... - Jesus

Yet somehow no one connects the Cyclopes (single eye) who creates the lightning bolt, which allowed Zeus to defeat Cronus the eater of of Gods, a Titan and his Father.

And then you wont connect Cronus with the Grim reaper, or Cronus Father Time, who governs the Crow, which is a phonetic anagram for Worc / Work - your time away to the Grim Reaper aka Cronus...

Who Zeus defeated with the Light of the Single Eye.

So keep it up with the literalness i guess, but hopefully someone will do legitimate reading and research.

Pretty much..that.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
I don't take the OPs inventory, why would I.

What does any of that have to do with the thread title.

If this thread was a sincere call to atheism and a bunch of Christians where to come in and try to marginalize them I would be calling them out as swiftly

it is counter intuitive to humanitarian compassion to marginalizing a whole segment of society on a stereotype including belief

it is ok to care about the soil we all need to live but not the hearts and minds of those we share it with?

I didn't see the thread as a call to challenge christian fellowship but rather sounds like OP just wants to connect with some like minded folks, hows that hurting anyone?

best post in thread weird
tolerance is a two way street

W

Water-

So much literalness.

Corinthians 3:6 says something about that for a reason. The letter - taken literal kills.

It's a book of spirit, mysticism, and more, for your spirit...

So much drama about a book, when no one does what it says anyways.

Psalm 78 King James Version (KJV)

78 Give ear, O my people, to my law: incline your ears to the words of my mouth.
2 I will open my mouth in a parable: I will utter dark sayings of old:
3 Which we have heard and known, and our fathers have told us.

No one's talking of that stuff. Only the stuff that allows for the bashing of one another.

Romans 3:10*King James Version (KJV)
10*As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one

Everyone is the same. Everyone is here operating in the carnal mind yet somehow throwing stones at one another when they don't even know what they read because it's read literal, and if it was read for the spirit and mysticism it is, there would be no discussion about any such people but the focus on the Word and the lessons.

Take no thought.

Let thy eye be single and your body will be filled with light... - Jesus

Yet somehow no one connects the Cyclopes (single eye) who creates the lightning bolt, which allowed Zeus to defeat Cronus the eater of of Gods, a Titan and his Father.

And then you wont connect Cronus with the Grim reaper, or Cronus Father Time, who governs the Crow, which is a phonetic anagram for Worc / Work - your time away to the Grim Reaper aka Cronus...

Who Zeus defeated with the Light of the Single Eye.

So keep it up with the literalness i guess, but hopefully someone will do legitimate reading and research.

Pretty much..that.

it is a book to dictate social order using a contrived "master-slave" morality.

do the "right" thing or be punished

reading and research shows it all to be made up by peoples imagination like every myth in history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts