What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is this light bleaching ??

PCBuds

Is this light bleaching or could it be some sort of ph or nute problem ??

My last plant got light burnt and dont want to do it again.

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Is this light bleaching or could it be some sort of ph or nute problem ??
Green plants always need more magnesium, and that's what it looks like.

The sun is a harsher taskmaster than indoor lights, and the plants need more nutrients to grow and overcome the damage. Also, an evenly moist soil (light mulch) means more nutrients are available because plants need moisture to feed.

Also, horticultural fleece (I've used Nortene) prevents a lot of damage, and the plants really take off under it.

s-l1600.jpg

Swanson

Try dolomite / cal-mag? Kelp? Mollases? Maybe some ph correcting veg nutes like AN perfect ph?
I suspect one or all of these items may help you. Doesn't look like bleeching to me either.

PCBuds

Thanks for the help.

I actually checked joe fresh's thread but I'm a noob and it looks all the same to me.

I have epsom salts that I can mix in with my nutes (Miracle Grow and Mollasses).

How much epsom salt should I use ?

Should I use it all the time or just to heal my plant ?

PCBuds

I checked the PH and its fine.

I also have dolomite lime (18 KG of it. It was the smallest package they had.)

And recomendations on what I should use, how much and how to go about applying it ?

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Looks like P to me. Dull with a blue tinge. Leading to a whole host of other problems, which makes it hard to spot as the root cause.

Miracle Grow causes a lot of people problems. It's very strong, but not in the P department. IIRC 24-5-20 or something like that.

PCBuds

Looks like P to me. Dull with a blue tinge. Leading to a whole host of other problems, which makes it hard to spot as the root cause.

Miracle Grow causes a lot of people problems. It's very strong, but not in the P department. IIRC 24-5-20 or something like that.

This is what I use for veg.

This is what I use for bloom.

I read here on the forum that the ratio of NPK should be 3:1:2 for veg and 1:3:2 for bloom, so I'm a bit off for bloom.

This is the contents of my molasses but I don't know how the recommended daily dose for a human compares to the dose needed for cannabis ?

I use 1 Tbs of molasses to 4 litres of water from seedling to flower.

Last edited:

PCBuds

Green plants always need more magnesium, and that's what it looks like.

My plant does look a lot like the Mag. deficient example in Joe's Fresh thread.

This is my plant.

I gave my plants 2 liters of water with 2 tsp of epsom salts and 1 Tbs of molases.

My three in the window look similar to the second Mag. deficient picture.

Last edited:

PCBuds

I give my plants Epsom Salt maybe once a week during their entire life.

What about calcium ?
As far as I understand, calcium and magnesium work hand in hand.

I just ordered some calmag.

I did add dolomite lime when I first planted my sprout but I think it might have run out ??

I don't want to spend too much money but this is sounding essential.

PCBuds

I changed my order.

I thought the SENSI stuff might be a rip off.

I bought water soluble calcium/magnesium in bulk form.
I'll add my own micro nutes.

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
You should try this:

1. Germination, seedling and vegging:

a) lightly fertilized soil (worm castings, pre-fertilized soil, or light soil on top of supersoil)
b) Bio Sevia Bloom (2-3-4 or lower N, higher P/K)+ epsom salt (Mg and S)

I've just had an autoflowering plant seemlessly move from seedling to veg to flower using just that, never having a nutrient deficiency at all, and keeping the cotyledon leaves in perfect shape.

2. Mid-flowering

Feed for growth:

a) BioSevia Growth (npk 3-1-6) - high nitrogen and potassium for growth & stacking
b) extra non-mobile nutrients - secondary nutrients Ca, S, Si, and trace elements.

3. An EC and pH pen

So you know exactly how much you've fed, how much the plant is taking up (run-off). Also a cheap soil pH meter if you want to mix your own soil or supersoil.

All of which would less than $100,- and will make itself back many times over.

troutman

Seed Whore
What about calcium ?

For calcium, I actually purchased a large bag of Caribsea Aragonite sand for my saltwater aquarium a
while back and still have lots of it left and so use that. Aragonite is the most soluble form of calcium
carbonate albeit it's not the least expensive kind of calcium supplement. I already have it so why not.
Dolomitic limestone is what I would use had I not already have the Aragonite and it's what I normally
use when I grow outdoors because it's inexpensive.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Use Miracle Grow at 1/4 recommended strength. You can use Maxi Bloom at 1/2 strength and adjust from there. Maxi Bloom is available on ebay or amazon.