What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Phylos Bioscience sparks outrage after announcing their beginning their own breeding

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

izzypog

You are referring to their intention to do some cannabis breeding?
I think the rights and the wrongs of that depend on what they use in their breeding program, its results, and how/if they profit from or exploit those results.
Most breeders start a breeding program using strains that they didn't breed themselves.

i'm kind of playing devil's advocate here, but i do think that so far the anger is somewhat premature.

VG
Yes, that is called exploitation through manipulation.

we should all be thanking guys like shaggyballs for relentlessly pursuing the truth and being one of the catalysts that are bringing these people out in front of the community to explain themselves.

respect and thank you. Without your ramblings I would be clueless to the real issues.

vermontman

i've been following this at a distance, and whilst i myself have some caution about trusting big businesses, they do have to act as a business in order to survive.

It seems to me that, currently, phylos is being demonized NOT for the things they have done, but for the things they might possibly do in the future.

So perhaps all this hate is a little premature?
What promises have they broken? seems to me they promised to make their database of DNA knowledge that they gained from people's variety donations public, and they have done just that.

If i am being misguided, please can someone tell me what they have actually done wrong so far, rather than what you think they might do wrongly in the future?

thanks,

VG

What they did do, is say todays Cannabis sucks and in three years there cannabis will be the only cannabis available that will be worth anything and they will be the only option to obtain descent cannabis. Sounds pretty conclusive to me!

herbgreen

Veteran
You are referring to their intention to do some cannabis breeding?
I think the rights and the wrongs of that depend on what they use in their breeding program, its results, and how/if they profit from or exploit those results.
Most breeders start a breeding program using strains that they didn't breed themselves.

i'm kind of playing devil's advocate here, but i do think that so far the anger is somewhat premature.

VG

I will have to refer you to sungrownmidz

https://www.instagram.com/sungrownmidz/

And, no this a very late response....Now we see more clearly the phylos corruption and lies

The Information they gathered seems like not all is public and its being used by them to position phylos in the 'Industry'

Also not a helpful service....we were waiting for that but its more like complete bullshit

Looking more and more like a scam...

People paid money hunderds of dollars for the genotype test that put a star in the Galaxy

It seems to me that these connections and placements make not so much sense....more of a bait and switch than a useful service

have you listened to the phylos presentation?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7DHkfT8Oh0

At the end in the Q & A section he admits "IF" they make GMO cannabis it will only be to develop this or that

And they will probably be aquired by "X" you cant hear the question but by the answer its only one company and thats Monsanto

USA hemp is now legal, Cannada is wide open, Colombia is opening up...

This is like the puff of smoke before you hear the starting gun Race to the bottom!

And this is about the Oil extract market

More resin, Faster plants, More resistant plants, Bigger Badder and Then down to concentrate add back the terpenes and we are off to the races

And they get 7% for the new genetics they drop into the clone market "Wonder" who that partner could be?

Kev Jodrey response to Phylos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkco9SfD3eE

Its like Kaboom!!!

So, no its not really over reaction or premature Its not enough and its too late

It looks like we can all sit and spin as far as these characters are concerned

herbgreen

Veteran
Phylos is 'partnering' with breeders and "plant touching" companies that are Legally separate because they "like to have a bank account"

They own the companies but legally they are separate

Exclusive use of the Alumina Genotype Array

This whole thing is not for protecting you.....Its protecting them

They are claiming the Galaxy ....not for you

They have the IP and the prior art.....You signed your rights away when you paid money to get the test and star in the Galaxy

That is protection from other companies

They are creating plants with their shell companies and will Use your data to protect themselves...Not you...Nothing for you

W

Water-

did anybody actually pay money or did they send them to Sam?

Herbgreen what did you send in for testing?

shaggyballs

Veteran

herbgreen

Veteran
@Water-

take a look in the mirror

Or better yet take a look at your avatar in the mirror!

Anyway,

You like to point fingers when you are better off looking within

You a friend of Mowgli ?

troutman

Seed Whore
All I know is that in the scientific community.

Any scientist that lies is unreliable and untrustworthy from then on.

Without integrity all you have is a megalomaniac in a laboratory coat.

troutman

Seed Whore
That is also the case in the general Cannabis community, when they make lies or unreliable and or untrustworthy accusations all you have is a megalomaniac or troll wearing a Tin-Foil-Hat hiding behind an IC ID. I know of a few....
-SamS

I'm glad you agree with me. :biggrin:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
But they have been offering breeding services for ages,,,how is this a shock to anyone,, i literally assumed this was already going on

i assumed that what they were already doing was a genomic preservation service,, creating homozygous lines for anyone with enough money,,, even offering iP,, possibly anther culture for DH,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.