What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Motherlode Gardens 2019

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
How are prices looking for machine trimmed top shelf?

Im small time and do it all by hand and only asking 12 per pack, just wondering what machine trimmed is going for

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
We finished harvest, and are about halfway through trimming. I've been very busy or I would have posted more. This was our biggest season yet and we are very shorthanded. Everything from the garden turned out great and we couldn't have asked for better harvest weather.. We had no mold or PM, everything went as long as it needed. I've been smoking nonstop, trying all the flavors. went through 2 packs of backwoods yesterday! My favorite smoke is either the Sprite or the Original Glue x Ancient OG. All the OG x Bubba crosses turned out great too.

What was your winning strain this year Shcrews?
Sprite, as usual. Giant plants, stinky lime/gasoline flavor, big dense buds, covered with frost. Our biggest plant this year was a Sprite. Last year too. Colas the size of my leg.

our Original Glue x Ancient OG cross that we made last year did very well too, insane trichome coverage.

How are prices looking for machine trimmed top shelf?

Im small time and do it all by hand and only asking 12 per pack, just wondering what machine trimmed is going for
100 lbs for 100k. not selling anything smaller or less than that. Last year we were only getting 750/lb but our flowers look better this year, and the market is drier. I'm pleased with the price increase. We could probably get 1200 but I don't care.

Greenbroz trimmer

Greenbroz trimmer

How many lbs/hr are you doing with the greenbroz? Can you show some before and after pics?

We used the original centurion this season with our deps, 2-3 passes and right into Turkey bags. Definitely chewed material up, if you could sift smaller mugs between passes it would be way better. But it didn’t matter at the time because it was dry af

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
My buddy got the Greenbroz to trim his hemp crop so I took 550 grams of cookie buds over, not too dry, ran 3 different batches, small, med, large nugs separated and it turned it into 330 grams of bugs that still needed a touch up and 220 Grams of trim full of tumbled trichs.

Quality was super this year and hand trimmed passes for indoor but the machine trim looked like outdoor if you didn't touch it up by hand.

It soured me on renting it to do my OD crop with it based on the amount that got wasted and the look. If you have hundreds of units to process I get the appeal though, it takes me 8 hours to trim a unit and I hate every minute.:biggrin:

You guys buck by hand or with a machine? Dude here with 15 acres of hemp is paying guys $1.25 a unit to buck with a machine, seems like a real shitty way to earn money in legal cannabis...

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
How many lbs/hr are you doing with the greenbroz? Can you show some before and after pics?

We used the original centurion this season with our deps, 2-3 passes and right into Turkey bags. Definitely chewed material up, if you could sift smaller mugs between passes it would be way better. But it didn’t matter at the time because it was dry af
We can do 3-5lbs per hour with the greenbroz trimmer. I will try to get some before and after pictures.

You shouldn't put really dry material in a trim machine, that is asking for problems. We use a cool-mist humidifier to hydrate our flowers before they go in the machine. The greenbroz is much more gentle than the centurion, it is a totally different design .

My buddy got the Greenbroz to trim his hemp crop so I took 550 grams of cookie buds over, not too dry, ran 3 different batches, small, med, large nugs separated and it turned it into 330 grams of bugs that still needed a touch up and 220 Grams of trim full of tumbled trichs.

Quality was super this year and hand trimmed passes for indoor but the machine trim looked like outdoor if you didn't touch it up by hand.

It soured me on renting it to do my OD crop with it based on the amount that got wasted and the look. If you have hundreds of units to process I get the appeal though, it takes me 8 hours to trim a unit and I hate every minute.:biggrin:

You guys buck by hand or with a machine? Dude here with 15 acres of hemp is paying guys $1.25 a unit to buck with a machine, seems like a real shitty way to earn money in legal cannabis...
we like our greenbroz a lot. Trimmed up 25lbs yesterday in about 6 hours.. If your flowers are dense and moist then it doesn't really tear them up very much more than the average human. As I said above, we hydrate our flowers with a cool-mist humidifier until they are almost *too* wet, then we put them in the machine.

it is not a set-it-and-forget-it machine, we constantly reverse the blade and gently brush the surface to clear and circulate all the flowers. It also requires frequent scraping/cleaning, usually every 10 pounds or so, depending how resinous the flowers are. One person must constantly work the machine but once you develop a rhythm it is really not difficult at all to produce large quantities of nicely trimmed buds.

Of course it is not as nice as a good hand trim, but my customers didn't seem to notice the difference, or care too much if they did. On the other hand, all our personal head stash this year is untrimmed, stored in jars in the fridge. I think keeping the leaves on can lengthen the shelf life for long-term storage.

We buck by hand, we put together a crew of locals who are getting through it all slowly but surely. Bucking is the bottleneck in our harvesting process, it's so hard to find help up here, despite us offering 20/hour and a very relaxed work environment. I would not trust a machine to buck down dry branches, unless they have invented something I don't know about, all the bucking machines I have seen are for wet flowers to be frozen or wet-trimmed...

Swamp Thang

Veteran
The size of those trees is just astonishing. For a small-scale personal grower like me, the sight of those monsters is awe inspiring.

Never knew that harvesting one single plant could consume 8 hours. Wow ! That is unreal, considering that my mini-Xmas trees, grown with hardly any veg times near the equator, can be harvested and trimmed in like 2 minutes.

One man's ceiling is truly another man's floor.

Hat's off to the industry leaders of Cali's legendary Emerald Triangle. May your reign be long and profitable, sirs.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
oh man time to switch to papers, ditch the tobacco!
tell me about it. Tobacco is whatever. i started smoking cigarettes when i was 12 and stopped around 20 when i started growing , because i just didn't need cigarettes when i had plenty of weed to smoke.

anyway last year it was all joints. now its all blunts. Ironically i started smoking blunts when i was 12 as well, long before i smoked a joint. I go through phases with them still. I love the way the backwoods burn, much better than a joint. A tight backwood can last me over 20 minutes. That being said, i should probably just go back to low-temp dabbing soon, and let my lungs recover from all the woods.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Get ya a nice glass spoon! I went through a divorce a few years ago, broke the pipe and went to the one toker pipe. I recently bought a new glass piece and it is such a better quality smoke. The onie bat doesn't allow you to medicate very well.

Have a pipe! :smoke: