What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cream Caramel, Green Poison, Jack 47, and Killer Kush (ALL FAST VERSION)

DeceiverZ

Veteran
Update!

Update!

Just a little update!

These are gorgeous plants!! All of the varieties have been tagged and transplanted into 1 gal pots.

picture.php

View image in gallery

The canopy medley of all my FV strains from Sweet Seeds.

I also took two clones of each FV plant, leaving me with approx 32 clones.. All green and healthy.. I should start seeing roots in 7 days.

The pink labeled ones in the back of the cloner are White Fire Alien by OG Raskal seeds. I was able to get 5 females from a pack of 11 seeds and have taken lots of clones to help me find the winning mom. These are also very good genetics (from what I've heard) but to be honest I'm more impressed with these Sweet Seeds FV strains.

They are all very uniform throughout their respective strains and out of 7 GP seeds, I have 2 runts, 3 average, and 2 really nice big vigorous females! I will say it again, these GP seem ideal for scrogging. Lots of tops and easy to attain an even canopy.

-DZ

jaypp

Vendor
Veteran
There showing some amazing growth, they looks
very nice my friend. Keep us updated.

Sweet smokes!!
jaypp

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
Cheers DeceiverZ!

Amazing my friend, I always love to see when people do things the right way. Congrats for your dedication. This is probably the most clean and complete (so far) diary with F1 Fast Version strains we had in the forums ;)

Keep us updated! All the best with your selections, I hope you can find a couple of very fast phenos (6-7 weeks) that are very productive, resinous and with a pleasant aroma and effect.

Um grande abraço e doces fumos!!

tommy

DeceiverZ

Veteran
Thanks GUYS!

I'm hoping to purchase two BML Spydr 1200 fixtures that will flower a tray of clones from the winning plant. Right now I believe that to be the Green Poison. All of the moms will be flowered under a total of 1800W HPS bulbs.

I've flowered over 30 different strains so far in my growing career. From experience, these FV's definitely stand out and to be honest, I've been very impressed with everything that has originated from Spain. It's probably a little known secret that some of the best genetics are coming out of Spain in recent years.

I can't wait to flower these strains! More updates to come!

-DZ

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
I've flowered over 30 different strains so far in my growing career. From experience, these FV's definitely stand out and to be honest, I've been very impressed with everything that has originated from Spain. It's probably a little known secret that some of the best genetics are coming out of Spain in recent years.

Hi again DZ!

I agree with you. I don't like to critize others work, but it's a fact that in some other countries with a rich cannabic history, they stopped investigating and reserching regarding cannabis genetic and new strains development in the last few years (4-8 years). Probably because they already had the fame, so they thought they wouldn't need to keep on working. On the other hand, in Spain, people (breeders) have been working hard in the past 10-12 years to develop new cannabic products, including new cannabis strains. And it's a lot of people working on it, so it's natural that after 10-12 years the spanish seed market offers better and more trustful products than the breeders from other countries.

Then, after Spain (or together with Spain) is the UK, the States, Canada, Italy will be next, etc. Of course some of these countries have a cannabic history for decades, but now we all know that in the last 5 years there has been a cannabic boom worldwide and the number of breeders in the States today is at least 20x greater than in the 80's or 90's. Good breeding and selecting work, together with regulation, will tend to get more overall quality in cannabic genetics (seeds or clones).

I'm glad to know you're enjoying the F1 Fast Version strains you're growing and I hope you enjoy the final product aswell. Keep us updated.

Kind regards and sweet smokes! :tiphat:

tommy

DeceiverZ

Veteran
Yes! Tommy G :laughing: we are on the same page my friend!

I also think a lot of people, and companies alike, view breeding/seed vending as an excellent opportunity to make lots of money...aaand where there's lots of money incentive involved, many breeders make "questionable" decisions regarding the seed stocks they produce and sell. The forums are littered with controversies involving breeders -which is a sad thing for the cannabis community overall... However, all this noise creates lots of opportunities for the players in the breeding/seed industry to differentiate themselves by providing quality genetics at reasonable prices. This is all that most people want anyways.

In my opinion, the breeders who are looking to build a reputation, not a fortune, are the ones to look out for. As of late it appears many of these are originating from outside of the USA. The concept of the "Fast Version" isn't something that's caught on in the USA... yet. I bet the breeders there will eventually catch on and start developing their own fast version strains. The fact that Sweet Seeds is ahead of the game in this regard, has already earned my respect and admiration!

-DZ

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Lovely thread you got in here.
I´m glad i found it.
Obrigado por partilhares.

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Yes! Tommy G :laughing: we are on the same page my friend!

I also think a lot of people, and companies alike, view breeding/seed vending as an excellent opportunity to make lots of money...aaand where there's lots of money incentive involved, many breeders make "questionable" decisions regarding the seed stocks they produce and sell. The forums are littered with controversies involving breeders -which is a sad thing for the cannabis community overall... However, all this noise creates lots of opportunities for the players in the breeding/seed industry to differentiate themselves by providing quality genetics at reasonable prices. This is all that most people want anyways.

In my opinion, the breeders who are looking to build a reputation, not a fortune, are the ones to look out for. As of late it appears many of these are originating from outside of the USA. The concept of the "Fast Version" isn't something that's caught on in the USA... yet. I bet the breeders there will eventually catch on and start developing their own fast version strains. The fact that Sweet Seeds is ahead of the game in this regard, has already earned my respect and admiration!

-DZ

Very true my friend, thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Regarding F1 Fast Version strains I can tell you that one year after Sweet Seeds released this new concept, other spanish seedbanks started to have their own F1 Fast Version strains in their collections. Which is a good thing. We knew that it would happen because we were aware of the quality of these genetics. So if it happens it's just one more confirmation that we are right and that the first year was enough to convince almost everyone that grew them.

Cheers! :tiphat:

:biggrin:

I´m glad i found it.

Outro maconheiro!!! Grande Paulo, prazer em ver-te por aqui :dance013:

Cheers and big hugs for you guys. Sweet smokes!

tommy

DeceiverZ

Veteran
Very true my friend, thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Regarding F1 Fast Version strains I can tell you that one year after Sweet Seeds released this new concept, other spanish seedbanks started to have their own F1 Fast Version strains in their collections. Which is a good thing. We knew that it would happen because we were aware of the quality of these genetics. So if it happens it's just one more confirmation that we are right and that the first year was enough to convince almost everyone that grew them.

Cheers! :tiphat:

tommy

You're absolutely right about the Fast Versions being convincing!! Have you ever tried Sour Diesel as a strain? Or how about Kosher Kush? If these or similar were ever available in FV, I can tell you they would be very popular in the USA, especially around the East Coast! Anything stemming from the ChemDog lineage with a sour undertone would be awesome as a FV since, from my experience, these genetics often go 11 weeks+

One more question.. do you know if Sweet Seeds has any plans to create FV's of their red or dark devil varieties? I would be very interested in these if/when they ever were released! :biggrin:

I´m glad i found it.

Oi Paulo! Tão bom ver um outro Português aqui. Espero que você aproveite o show.

-DZ

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Cheers again buddy!

I never tried Kosher Kush but I already tried Sour Diesel and more or less I know what you're talking about. Anyways we have strains that could be compared to some extent with these two that you mention. I'm talking about Ice Cool (our NYC Diesel selection) or Killer Kush F1 FV (our OG Kush selection in F1 Fast Version).

I know that this isn't exactly what you're talking about but on the other hand the same growers who love these strains could also enjoy at least some phenos of Ice Cool or Killer Kush F1 FV.

Our breeders will probably keep on making F1 Fast Version's from most (if not all) of our strains. And I heard they are also working with photoperiod-dependent red flowered strains, so that if all goes well something like that could be released in one of the next two seasons. But it's yet to early to tell, because if something on the tests is not what they are expecting, it can be aborted and then it would have to start again from the begining.

But yes, if a red photoperiod-dependent strain comes up it will probably be a F1 Fast Version strain. For example, Killer Kush is the only photoperiod-dependent genetic that Sweet Seeds released after the F1 Fast Version concept reached the market, and it was a Killer Kush F1 FV since day one, we never had a "non F1 FV" Killer Kush.

See you around, sweet smokes!

tommy

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Cheers again buddy!

I never tried Kosher Kush but I already tried Sour Diesel and more or less I know what you're talking about. Anyways we have strains that could be compared to some extent with these two that you mention. I'm talking about Ice Cool (our NYC Diesel selection) or Killer Kush F1 FV (our OG Kush selection in F1 Fast Version).

I know that this isn't exactly what you're talking about but on the other hand the same growers who love these strains could also enjoy at least some phenos of Ice Cool or Killer Kush F1 FV.

Our breeders will probably keep on making F1 Fast Version's from most (if not all) of our strains. And I heard they are also working with photoperiod-dependent red flowered strains, so that if all goes well something like that could be released in one of the next two seasons. But it's yet to early to tell, because if something on the tests is not what they are expecting, it can be aborted and then it would have to start again from the begining.

But yes, if a red photoperiod-dependent strain comes up it will probably be a F1 Fast Version strain. For example, Killer Kush is the only photoperiod-dependent genetic that Sweet Seeds released after the F1 Fast Version concept reached the market, and it was a Killer Kush F1 FV since day one, we never had a "non F1 FV" Killer Kush.

tommy

Are you at liberty to let us know what cut of OG Kush you used for killer kush fv? Been really interested in it for a while now.Always nice things be able tell my friends exactly what the parents of it are.

I have already flowered a Sweet Cheese fv and it was really nice. Got a Cream Caramel fv flowering right now. I've grown a couple of your autos as well.

BruceBanner

Very nice plants you have! :)

From Sweet Seeds I had just auto Jack47, but the smell was the best of all automatics I had, it's pretty indescribable smell, like some apothecary stuff, but oh boy it's so nice and addictive and mouthwatering, you just have to smell it everyday multiple times, think I vaped all smell from the jar with my nose :D Also the effect of auto Jack47 was good, so your plant can be only better :)

DeceiverZ

Veteran
Cheers again buddy!

tommy

Good to hear about the Killer Kush and the Ice Cool having some of my favorite characteristics! I'm looking forward to trying the Ice Cool and Sweet Cheese strains after this run.

By the way, here's a little update on the Killer Kush FV clones. These all came from a single seed, a free one that came with my order from Attitude and what ultimately started my down this Sweet Seed journey. The original Mom was gifted to a fellow grower who will be harvesting her in just two more weeks! I will be visiting his garden to take some pics of the Killer Kush before chop and provide everyone here with a smoke report after its cured.

Of course having just one seed limits the genetic lottery of receiving a really spectacular mom, but this single Killer Kush impressed me enough even in VEG to make me explore and learn more about the company that created it! :)

The red and dark varieties in Fast Version I imagine will be a big success and I can't wait to get them once released. Pass on a big hello for me to the breeders behind these FV strains. I'm glad they were able to develop such a great concept which many people like me can enjoy.

-DZ

DeceiverZ

Veteran
Very nice plants you have! :)

From Sweet Seeds I had just auto Jack47, but the smell was the best of all automatics I had, it's pretty indescribable smell, like some apothecary stuff, but oh boy it's so nice and addictive and mouthwatering, you just have to smell it everyday multiple times, think I vaped all smell from the jar with my nose :D Also the effect of auto Jack47 was good, so your plant can be only better :)

Thanks BruceBanner! much appreciated my friend.

I can tell you that the Jack47 FV's have the best roots overall. This typically translates into bigger yields so I'm hoping to get big apothecary type buds to smoke. I'm now using the freezer cure to ensure the smelliest and highest terpene content in my buds.. Also, if you haven't tried it yet, I recommend always vacuum sealing buds in jars then leaving in freezer long term for best quality.

Hopefully I can share a smoke report and share my take on the Jack47 with you. :tiphat:

-DZ

DeceiverZ

Veteran
Dude vacuum sealing is out of question, how should I then smell it lol :D

But that's what I'm saying! Preserve that odor for as long as possible! I keep the big jar of buds vacuum sealed in the freezer and only take some out to refill my smaller jar that gets opened everyday. The day jar is always a pleasure to smell and open and I usually keep about 5 days worth of smoke in it.

This method is super easy and freezing in a vacuum preserves even the smallest nuances, flavors and smells. Give it a go someday, I promise you won't regret it my friend. :tiphat:

-DZ

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Are you at liberty to let us know what cut of OG Kush you used for killer kush fv? Been really interested in it for a while now.Always nice things be able tell my friends exactly what the parents of it are.

I have already flowered a Sweet Cheese fv and it was really nice. Got a Cream Caramel fv flowering right now. I've grown a couple of your autos as well.

Hi DoubleTripleOG!

Thanks for your visit and comments :tiphat:

As I'm not a breeder and all the info I have is the one that my colleagues (breeders and bosses) release. Basically our bredeers managed to get an elite clone of OG Kush from California, they enjoyed that cut and bred it with a 3rd generation autoflowering selected genetic line to get it into an F1 Fast Version strain.

Here's what is said in our catalog:

picture.php

Here's a small product presentation that was published in a magazine:

Killer Kush F1 Fast Version

Killer Kush F1 Fast Version (variety SWS52) is the resulting hybrid from the cross between an elite clone of the famous OG Kush and a 3rd generation autoflowering genetic line selected for a very fast flowering. The plants grow with impressive hybrid vigour since the first days of life. From the strong main stem this line develops multiple firm side branches, capable to hold the solid flowers produced by this beauty from the Sweet Seeds genetic collection.

Featuring short internodal distance and a very homogeneous structure, we can use this genetic for SOG grows that are usually ready in less than 50 days of flowering. As an alternative to SOG, it can be vegetated for a longer time if we want to get an exceptional production per plant ratio. Not forgetting that this genetic line is an unbeatable solution in outdoor grows as it allows for one of the earliest harvests in the market of photoperiod dependent strains.
Killer Kush F1 Fast Version is an indica dominant line with a slightly citric sweet taste and sublime exotic hints.

This genetic allows for a very strong and medicinal effect that is experienced at the body level immediately after smoking or vaporizing its resinous buds, while the sensations of mental relaxation arrive a few minutes later and last for a couple of hours. With Killer Kush F1 Fast Version, Sweet Seeds presents us with a plant of orgasmic taste and long lasting effect that delights the soul and calms the mind.

Indica/Sativa: 80%/20%
Indoor Yield: 400-600 g/m2
Outdoor Yield: 350-600 g/plant
Indoor Flowering: 7 weeks
Outdoor Harvest: Early september

I know you may find that a bit of info is missing as there's no info about the genetic of the 3rd generation autoflowering selected line used, but this info is not shared in our catalog to avoid that the client gets a wrong idea about the strain. It is like this because the only trait that passes from the autoflowering selected genetic line to the final hybrid is the fast flowering trait.

By other words, the final product does not get other traits from that parental besides the capacity to flower as fast as an autoflowering strain. So, if we named the genetic line used then the grower would be driven to think that the final product has some characteristics from that parental, which would not be true.

So I personally see it as a great OG Kush cut in an ultra fast flowering version.

Sweet smokes!

tommy