What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Coins are for more than buying bud!

gongageek

The only hobby I've had longer than smoking good bud (and some not so good) is collecting coins. Come to think of it coins are the only thing I've spent more of my disposable income on than bud.

Any other stoner coin collectors out there or am I just an anomaly?

I N Hail

Growing Grower AKA Wasted Rock Ranger
Veteran
High gongageek,Tricky

I collect a few coin's,Anyone wanna put up pic's?

PeaceINH

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
i tried to upload a bunch of pics but either the server is just saying "NO" to pics recently, or i forgot how to do it lol

Whenever the issues get sorted out, you'll see some highlights from my collection!

ArcticBlast

BonsaiBud

I spoke with a hipster in the Green Mountains area. He "reminisced" of the "old days" (like 9 years ago) when top-grade bud was traded for about $300 or the equivalent of a 1 ounce gold coin. Bud did not track gold coin and still trades for less than $450 per ounce top grade. What does this say about gold coin?

hippie_lettuce

Garden Nymph
Veteran
I have a few coins..some of em from 1930s-1940s Germany...same with France. I haven't bought a real expensive coin though.

I like coin and stamp collecting.

nomaad

Veteran
1933_double_eagle_rev.jpg
1933_double_eagle_obv.jpg

The 1933 Saint-Gaudens Gold Double Eagle - World's Most Valuable Coin (has sold for $7,500,000)

http://coins.about.com/od/famousrarecoinprofiles/p/1933_Gold_Eagle.htm

an actual coin collector might know different. that took me 9 seconds to sort out.

SoloGro57

Yeah... I've got a five gallon jug full of coins... It's right next to my washing machine! Been collecting for a long time.

steppinRazor

cant stop wont stop
Veteran
i got the 1942 walking liberty half dollar, silver tho not gold.. only worth $7 dollars but i'd take $7million..
got quite a collection or at least used to lost about 30-40 coins in a move..

steppinRazor

cant stop wont stop
Veteran
1943_penny3.gif

Coin: 1943 Copper Penny
Estimated Value: $200,000+

Background: Most circulating pennies at that time were struck in zinc-coated steel because copper and nickel were needed for the the war.

About 40 1943 copper cents are known to remain in existence. They were most likely made by accident when copper blanks remained in the press as production began on the new steel pennies

How to spot it: The easiest way to determine if your 1943 cent is copper (and valuable) is to test it with a magnet. If it sticks to the magnet, it is a steel penny, and not valuable. If it does not stick, then you might have hit the jackpot...have a expert authenticate your coin.

anyone check their pennies??
i gotta shit ton of wheat pennies but im sure all you coin heds know bout this one can get ya a score of about 200grand.. not too shabby

anyways i heard a few years back a wealthy coin collector released one of his back into circulation to encourage people to collect.. keep an eye out

nomaad

Veteran
There used to be an add on the back of Archie Comics announcing $3500 paid for 1943 Lincoln pennies. That was back in the 70's.

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
awwww buddy send em to me i will be your grand kid. so is there anything nice in th 10 grand neighborhood?

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
I have some coins, old and new, it is a cool hobby. Wish I had a grandkid to give mine to.
H

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
i think it would be cool to have one really valuable coin, say a $50,000. you could keep it somewhere safe and if you ever get desparate, you could presumably bring it to a coin dealer anywhere in the world and cash it in.

nomaad

Veteran
any coin dealer with 50K on hand...who wanted that specific coin. however, ANY coin/gold/currency dealer in ANY country on earth would cash in gold bullion for its going value.

Granted... the one coin would be a lot lighter than the 55oz of bullion you'd need.

Latest posts

Latest posts