What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Guerilla Underground Thread

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Dang I've been going at it pretty hard the last 2-3wks everyday. I've got some plants in a helluva thicket high atop the Appalachia Mtns....all the way to the top. I went around a tree to see if the area would be good to put a few plants....Geeessss I was on side a cliff that went to the bottom. I got my ass back up outta there safely thank god. But I've got a bunch of plants in this thicket. I've got cages, moth balls, deer repellent, urine. I'm taking all steps to keep the plants from the wildlife. The thing is there sunlight for days on top a Mtn. It's hard to get the sunlight you need and when you find it you use it. I'm kinda afraid I'm gonna pop up on a bear in this thicket. I've never seen a thicket so ate up with deer signs and wildlife as this. Lol the family dog started going with me a few days ago. She started following me a lil farther everyday. I was in the sun digging a hole and turned around and she was laying in the shade watching me lol. So now I've been getting her to follow me all the way to the top were these thickets are. Kinda hoping she might would scare off a bear maybe. Bad thing is she kinda looks kinda a small cub and damn near gave me a heart attack the other day. It's been crazy hot stay hydrated guys !!!

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
KB dude... That's a lot of work to do in this heat.

Heat is a killer here. 100 & 97rh. Doing maintenance at 5:30am when it's 10 degrees cooler.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I'll be glad to wrap up digging holes.... I'm getting to old to climb up and down these hills....maybe 15-20yrs ago but my foot is in bad shape. I had a ct scan on the Achilles a few days ago. But I've got some soil to mix up and some fems I'm putting into containers. I'm not really sure how many more guerilla plants I'm gonna do. I'm already looking at a lot if maintience like your talking about to care for all the guerilla plants I've got. I'm leaving my home and hiking to all my spots...no atv or vehicle can get to these spots. Next yr I'm investing in atv. I could do some very big things. Currently I can't carry in soil to these guerilla sites I'm using. It's just not possible, it would take 5 guys to carry in the soil I'd need. If I had a atv I could put soil on it and transport it to a guerilla site somewhere. I still think I'm doing decent to have gotta such a late start. Add in all the rain/down pours we've seen since early May til now, thèn all these blazing hot days. I've done ok to have hiked to every spot I've put out a plant. Besides what I've got in containers on my hillside I've hiked around here like a 20yr old lad lol. Well anyway I'll be wrapping up guerilla planting and hopefully my containers within the next 7 days or so. I'll be happy to start the maintenance phase of this outdoor season.....

militia420

So I'm almost caught up reading this entire thread. I just discovered that a single one of my plants has a small early infestation of these ~1cm, super tiny catepillars. I haven't id'd them. They basically target the growth tips every where and use something to make the leave clump together. It's like super fine webbing that doesn't show up well. The leaves peel apart easily enough and there the little bastards are hiding.

So my question to you all is if there is a safe, organic way you tend to prevent and kill these bastards. I'm going to read up on neem again as that's my usual go to for insects but I've heard that boring catepillars can be really bad over here and I had a different type annihilate about half my buds on a plant last grow.

I need my weed! This grow must be a success or I'm stuck with old weak weed until I do have success.

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Its going to be a HOT and HUMID one again today, this heat is killing me. I invested in a frog toggs towels and I cannot be thankful enough for it. It gives me at least a few more hours of work time and does an amazing job cooling me off. You don't really need to rewet it once wet, since obviously the sweat will be absorbed and leached up into the towel and continue cooling. I have come close to losing it a few times, border line heat strokes out here in the humid Appalachian mountains in extreme state of confusion.

I'm fixing to head out for the day. Today I am going to take care of two plants which are suffering from some kind of damn borer in the stems, never really had this problem before but they are very hard to deal with. I'm gonna squirt a little liquid sevin down into the hollow hole. Remove the most infected areas, seal the wounds and hope for the best... They love my Skunk plants, however skunk tends to have very hollow stems and I believe this is one reason why they choose the skunk over the others.

Then I have maybe 4 or 5 holes to get done which is gonna be the biggest bitch of the day. Its so humid after all this rain, but it has also saved me tons of watering. Most all plants are now head high and some over 9 ft. You folks be safe out there. I have new pics to share when I get in from work later.

:tiphat:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
My recovery room.
picture.php

militia420

First off, I wanna apologize for the sideways photos. I am not quiet sure why lately all then photos I upload are sideways and I wish IC had a photo editor to where you can crop and at least rotate photos. But oh well, it is what it is.

Here is a Jelly Pie from GPS that I just put out last week. This one is going to be a beast! She sits about 15 foot from an underground spring so she will get babied and watered very often. The plant was 4 months old when she was sit out. I also sit out some Full Moon Fevers which is Durban Poison clone x Stardawg also from GPS the same day and they are also 4 months old. Don't have any pics of those right now but I'll get around to it.

Hahah yeh dude your sideways photos are killing me. Not sure how to help you change that though. Maybe the dimensions on your camera are ideal for that sideways setting so the programs are interpreting that they should be loaded that way. What you could try is to turn your camera and see if the next time you upload pictures with it turned whether they load right. I know it isn't what you want to capture the whole plant but just try it on a few pictures to see how this site software responds.

Bigger question! How do you know that girl is sitting on an underground spring? Did you hit it when you were digging the hole, was the location in an old dry creek bed, have you tried that whole "dowsing" technique to hunt for water sources? Inquiring minds want to know! I'm really curious about the latter as there seems to be something to it and I am in a usually dry as hell area (zone 10 too).

militia420

The heat is pretty damn extreme around here lately with it being between 90 and 98 degrees everyday and not to mention the humidity in full swing running wide open. It will put a hault on a man for sure...

You need to invest in a little drop in freezer or a mini fridge for your grow shack. Set that thing up to vent heat outside in the spring/summer then keep you a bunch of ice packs and ice trays in there man. No need to stroke out doing the thing you love (not a bad way to go but why go early?). Every time you go back to the shack for more plants to put out you can spend 10-15 minutes putting some ice packs on and drinking some ice cooled electrolyte (make a dirt cheap DIY electrolyte with sea salt and other stuff, google a DIY for it). It'll keep you from stroking out and make you more efficient because you aren't letting your body over heat which is going to wear you down more. Then when you go back out have some clothing mods that let you slip some ice packs in to cool your back and legs. Just rotate ice packs each time you go to the shack for more plants that you need to take out and plant.

Work smarter not harder!

militia420

Hydration and electrolytes

Hydration and electrolytes

Alright I gotta do this cuz there's too many people talking about severe heat and busting their asses in it.

For every one doing substantial grows you should swing by walmart or costco and buy several bags of epsom salts. Each day when you're done working take a shower, then fill the tub with comfortable temperature water and dump half of one of those 6 lb bags in there. Just soak for at least 30 minutes but preferably 1 hour. You're replacing magnesium all through your body that got used up or sweated out during the day. And since it's magnesium sulfate, the sulfate portion is directly providing support for your phase 2 liver detoxification, something we all can use with all the toxins we're subjected to (I just got labs back showing I'm poisoned with MTBE and one other gasoline additive from spilling the shit on myself while fueling a lawnmower.). You need this to top you off and most people have running magnesium deficiencies any way. It's used in your brain and your muscles and elsewhere. It's incredibly important and it'll help you feel refreshed for the next day of planting.

Then the other thing is to take plenty of fluids through out the day. Not just plain water. You want something like these formulas.

https://wellnessmama.com/2575/natural-sports-drink/

https://www.raisinggenerationnourished.com/2014/12/diy-electrolyte-drink/

https://dontmesswithmama.com/homemade-citrus-electrolyte-drink/

https://yurielkaim.com/homemade-electrolyte-drink/

Never used iodized salt.

If you don't take care of yourself as well as you'd take care of your plants then your plants really aren't getting the best care they could get anyway.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I work at dawn when the air is cool, use bottled water when I'm out, and jump in the pool when I get back. Easy and it works. If you don't have a pool, get a big kiddie pool for $50. Works great.

So would a water trough.

militia420

Legalization comes up in every session now in Ky. It won't be long till its legal for some people to grow. Then it'l be the revenue boys. after our asses

Decriminalization is what we all want but the assholes in the BAR association wear suits and ties and want a piece of your pie, hence they advocate to regulate AKA legalize it. Fuck em. They can kick rocks.

militia420

Hello Folks,
MB since you mention it there are half a dozen tick borne bacteria that give us a hard time like Lyme or Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. Younger people often just feel like you have the flu for a few days and that's it. Older folk and anyone a little down may have a longer time of it and it really fucks up the joints. If you get a lump with a tick bite get an antibiotic quick. The preferred one is doxycillin spelled wrong but its cheap and given in the first week or so cleans up the infection. One strain carried by the lone star tick gives you meat allergies, and some will kill you.

Bug spray has no effect on ticks you just have to have someone help check.

Be careful out there.

I got the bullseye from a bite in 2015. Took doxycycline for 2 months along with herbs cats claw, eleuthero root, and japanese knotweed. Also used some light sandpaper to rub the bite wound area raw so I could topically apply some liposomal vitamin C locally to the infection, and took copious internal doses. Recent labs confirm I wiped it out. But those antibiotics fuck up your gut biota, so people need to take high dose pro-biotics during doxycycline and after for a while. You'll get all sorts of problems with your gut out of whack.

militia420

Tonight was an almost full moon, a waxing gibbous to be exact. I put 10 plants in the cornfields. I didn't even need my flashlight. I made one foot deep holes and fenced each one in with chickenwire. It was so nice out and the moon made it as easy as taking candy from a baby. I watered each one in with MG to give them a start and help with transplant shock.
I smoked a joint and listened as I stood still. I could hear a distant dog barking and then several coyotes. My favorite sound was the 2 screech owls that were pretty close in the tree line.
When the moon got between some trees it was like a spotlight shining on the field. Some of the corn was face tall, most was shoulder tall and some just knee high in spots. I stayed in the shoulder high corn but planted in some bare spots here and there.

Walk in the number of rows I put the jugs and just keep walking the row until I run into the water jugs.

I always love moon lit nights for outdoor work. It is peaceful too. I never grew in cornfields out of fear of all the potential spiders. I walked face first into a huge garden spider web going to one grow and I'm just glad I wasn't moving so far as to not be able to back up and get it unstuck from my face. That was NOT a moon lit night. I couldn't see a fucking thing in fact and had to go to my plants based off of memory, which worked but again, effing spider webs suck.

You ever run into those things in the corn fields? Am I paranoid and wrong about them?

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Came back from maintenance at 6am. Watered 60 plants and fixed a couple cages. The $20 I spent on cages saved me about $4000. Talk about a no brainer.

(12v bilge pump)
picture.php

We've been in a heat wave like everyone else with zero rain and it's still hot and humid as shit. Only a 40% chance of 5mm (1/8 inch) rain in the forecast for next Monday.

If you're in my weather situation and can't water, I hope you used water crystals.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing

You ever run into those things in the corn fields? Am I paranoid and wrong about them?

I'm not planted in the corn field, but I have to walk through it. I get soaking wet from the dew. Like I walked through a creek. In another couple weeks I'll have to use a long sleeve shirt and goggles because the leaves will cut me like a 12 year old MS13 gangster.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
4 hours! That would take my little pump 48 to do that much. You're going to drain the creek! :laughing:

We've been without meaningful rain since I planted mid May. We've had the odd sun shower, 5mm once but nothing over 1mm the rest of the time. And it's hot and humid as hell here.

Your plants must be loving it.

redlaser

Veteran
Came back from maintenance at 6am. Watered 60 plants and fixed a couple cages. The $20 I spent on cages saved me about $4000. Talk about a no brainer.

(12v bilge pump)
View Image

We've been in a heat wave like everyone else with zero rain and it's still hot and humid as shit. Only a 40% chance of 5mm (1/8 inch) rain in the forecast for next Monday.

If you're in my weather situation and can't water, I hope you used water crystals.

Those bilge pumps are nice if you don’t have too much of a elevation change between the water and plants. Being silent is nice.

Hoypare has the right idea if you can get away with the noise or muffle it. No other way to do large plots.

Corn stalks will tear you up a bit, I remember my first job in ‘76 was detassling corn for Pioneer seed company in their test plots. Got paid about 2.50 an hour to walk corn rows you could barely reach the tassels, and those rows were in Iowa, they seemed to go on forever.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
This pump is pretty strong. I have a couple rises, and then flat for 200 feet. I don't get close to 2000gpm, but as long as you're not putting out a fire, it's a lot of water. It's certainly better than hauling water from the creek in a bucket.

Latest posts

Latest posts