What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
List everything you use. Get lab results for each amendment. That's odd.

I'd assume it's coming from a rock dust or a clay base...or the water source. Well water?

dank.Frank

KONY

Veteran
This may not be the best place to ask this but what tha hell, one of you guys may have some insight.
Sent off a couple of samples to the lab that we were able to salvage from the last flower run. They both failed for arsenic. Growing in soil with organic amendments. Only thing I can come up with is fish that could be the culprit. We used neptune's harvest and alaskan fish fertilizer in teas and foliar feeding. Probably too often I'm sure of it because of deficiencies we were seeing. Tha alaskan fish has a bit more arsenic than the neptune's and we did use more of the alaskan.
It would be nice to figure out the culprit for certain and I put a call into the lab already, should hear back tomorrow.
I'm concerned that it's in our soil now and we have been building compost piles with our used soil.
Anybody got any ideas?

Well water?

Much of the countries well water has Arsenic in it. I've wondered about ours here and as a result use mostly mountain spring runoff. Although this past summer that dried up for the first time ever (according to a neighbor)

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
List everything you use. Get lab results for each amendment. That's odd.

I'd assume it's coming from a rock dust or a clay base...or the water source. Well water?

dank.Frank

We did add rock dust in this batch of soil.
I'll get you the list tomorrow.

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well water?

Much of the countries well water has Arsenic in it. I've wondered about ours here and as a result use mostly mountain spring runoff. Although this past summer that dried up for the first time ever (according to a neighbor)

Have it tested every few months just in case. Well water can be tricky.

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Wow, I hope it's not the Alaskan. I have been using that stuff forever! What strain was the seedling Joe? Nice tight nodes.

test your water and dry soil never use pressure treated lumber
super phosphates lime or other micron nutes will all add to AS levels
try to stay away or not over do azomite
Ok. soil is well known for As also so are other areas so check your neck of the woods

nice little monster you have

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Im thinking it is in the rock dust.

My son stopped using Azomite some years ago. He was concerned about something like that. It may have been arsenic

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
This may not be the best place to ask this but what tha hell, one of you guys may have some insight.
Sent off a couple of samples to the lab that we were able to salvage from the last flower run. They both failed for arsenic. Growing in soil with organic amendments. Only thing I can come up with is fish that could be the culprit. We used neptune's harvest and alaskan fish fertilizer in teas and foliar feeding. Probably too often I'm sure of it because of deficiencies we were seeing. Tha alaskan fish has a bit more arsenic than the neptune's and we did use more of the alaskan.
It would be nice to figure out the culprit for certain and I put a call into the lab already, should hear back tomorrow.
I'm concerned that it's in our soil now and we have been building compost piles with our used soil.
Anybody got any ideas?

Alaska Fish Fertilizer probably caused the Arsenic issue, Slownickel typically recommends avoiding Azomite/rock dusts because of microbes digesting and making aluminum soluble to roots regardless of PH.

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Alaska Fish Fertilizer probably caused the Arsenic issue, Slownickel typically recommends avoiding Azomite/rock dusts because of microbes digesting and making aluminum soluble to roots regardless of PH.

I remember that from my “snownickel” IG notes....I tagged someone in that post that I know uses azomite. Thanks for posting IBC!

Morning folks....the day I like the most of my m-f job. Friday :whee:

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
I'll stop using the Alaska then, that sucks. I guess I don't really need it, if I stay on top of my top dressing. Currently, I just use it to quickly get a handle on deficiencies as they arise. I used to use it for teas all the time, however. It doesn't seem they should be able to market that sort of thing for organic food production. I guess "organic" doesn't necessarily mean "safe" or "poison free". Lame, because that's kind of the reason most folks go in that direction. I guess I'll just rub some organic poison ivy on my chapped ass, and pick apart Espoma's ingredient list now. Boooo!

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hold tha damn phone!!! lol. Just got a message from slow nickel. About to give him a call. I'll get back with what he has to say.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cornbread x Amber.. Everything from this cross has been Bubba dom .
picture.php

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...

garden day...not a bunch to do today so probably try and go do laundry if i get through coffee soon enough...should be trimming by tomorrow...

if not trimming than there's a stack of pots to wash...maybe i can get lucky and do both in the same day! and haul a bale of medium!:D

Latest posts

Latest posts