What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The OG Pic Gallery an attempt at documenting every legit OG out there pics only!

TacomaComa

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have a couple contributions of some OG's

Pure Kush(Topanga Canyon)
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

true grit

Veteran
TC- Whats that TPPK smell like? is that the marshmellow'y one? Im looking for that marshmellow PK/OG..think its usually called Hollywood PK, but been seeing that Topanga one lately so curious.

GrownOut

HDGC
Veteran
i got the larry but its just a small clone so i didnt post it. i dont know much about it though. doubt you will get it right if youre trying to find out which og is yours.

but... the pics i have of the cuts i got just as "og kush" the slauson og and the other one.. theyre spot on to that, the nugs especially. more piney earth fuel. super strong smelling. less lemon.. nugs are like rocks, dark water leaves wrap around em. huge calyxs..

i think i read you got the cut just as og kush.. something tells me that thats what it is, youre trying to find out which one it is and its not any of em, just the og kush, before all the names. this is my guess.. dont worry man those cuts i got just as og kush are identical and also spot on to yours and better then all the ones with the names, theyre my favorites basically.

what im trying to say is if you got it just as og kush dont fret, its probably that original cut that a few hoarded in the early 00's and was sold to a select few for thousands. might be a s1 of the triangle or is the triangle. probably better off having that one then any of the ones with tags. the ones with tags are prolly like s5s or s8s haha or even bx's who knows. im thinking yours is one of the originals, be proud of it. give it a nickname just always let em know you got it as simply og kush know what i mean..

i know youre the man and hella knowledgable, not acting like you dont know or anything, just tossing that out there cuz i always used to pass on em if they didnt have a tag on em like tahoe or sfv but the ones i got simply as og turned out superior.. just wanted to let you know that.

Me and N-P-Kali are working on a way to compare the two and see if it truely is Larry or just very similar. I agree that like you said since it was given with no name and was called OG that it is most likely very closely related to the original cut. I have been shot down on mentioning that though since I dont have the papers to back it up. lol

One thing is for sure when I got this cut at the time there were only like 4 named OG cuts going around Cali at the time. This was given as OG and the person who gifted the cuts to me told me to NEVER tag it with some dumb name like the rest.

I am definitely happy as hell with the cut I got, no doubt and I plan on keeping her for as long as I am growing. I have had her in the garden for about 5yrs now and I havent found a reason to let her go, I could literally grow just this strain in the garden and everyone would be happy. She is just that damn good. I have gifted out some cuts to her to a good friend of mine on here so soon we will get to see what another grower thinks of her.

I also appreciate the compliments bro but I am far from being the man or hella knowledgable. lol I am just a grower who finds genetics to be very interesting and I love to know more about their history. Also enjoy tracking down all those great strains I smoked 15+ yrs ago too. There are definitely alot of dudes on here that make me sound like a newb. lol :D

Here is my OG cut grown in a friends garden. Different location, nutes, medium, lights, ect...

picture.php

picture.php

symbiote420

Veteran
Ghost OG Kush

Ghost OG Kush

Here's my Ghost OG, I put this one in bloom to get a feel for what she'll need, I forgot the actual day she's on but it's close to 20!

symbiote420 598.jpg

symbiote420 602.jpg

I have a Bubba'91 x White'91 male from New House Seeds and a Pure Kush x OG (Jo) male from Gage Green getting ready to make some beans ........my homie has already pollinated his Ghost cut with a Chem#4 x Aliendawg f3 male!

N-P-Kali

i see mites in slauson

I do as well.

Have to get a handle on that slauson.
Also I think you may have some repeats in your cuts. Meaning although they come from different collectives, and have different names(clever marketing), you may have 3 or four of the same cut. Others, for example the PK2, look more like blue dream than OG.:2cents:

Grownout is just being graciously modest.. Gotta appreciate humility in a grower.

You know different growers, growing the same cut, under different growing conditions (nutrients, light intensity, source water, medium, temperature and humidity), can produce very different quality and appearance. Again, just my 2 cents.

ya i got mite damage like a mofo.. the mites are gone but there was a heat wave that got my shit tore up.. im one man doing over 18k watts and almost 100 strains, it aint all perfect believe me. sometimes they get bad..

but the mites are gone, just damage theyre growing out of... now its pm, it rained for like a week stright here and was all cold and wet and i was gone for 4 days, came back to a lot of pm..

i was even gonna say when i started posting pics, i know my shit aint perfect, just wanted to show the traits of the different plants. there is def problems.. i usually keep shit at bay though... its all about spraying once a week. i go alternate between neem/mildew cure thing and a compost tea. the tea works wonders for the pm but if i slack off which happens a lot it gets rough for sure. my enviornment isnt perfect, got a lot to fix.

and i know about the repeats, im always saying if the dna thing ever comes out im gonna go from having 200 cuts to like 50 after finding out a lot of these og's are the same cut with different names, i know it. its fun comparing them all. i used to not be able to see the differences in veggin plants, just like indica and sativa but after having so many strains for so many years i notice everything, i'd guess i'd say i have a good eye now. i can tell a lot look identicle, im waiting to see em flower now. thats one reason i have so many, its like research, im trying to document all the og's going around socal. see the differences, see which ones are the same, which ones might be hybrids which ones have which traits. stuff like that. just for my own amusement and i guess it might help others as well.

thanks for checking in, im open to anything anyone has to tell me (accept for the problems i have haha i know im with these gals all day) but if a cut dont look right or def aint official let me know. part of the reason im posting em cuz im not sure at all. some came from shops, some came from people i dont know, some came from really reputable people that are well respected but still could be a mislabel..

i know that pk2 looks hella sativaish, your right about the blue dream. trainwreckish too. we'll see. im just posting what i have, gauranteed a lot of em arent what they say, but some definitely are. the ones i know for sure i know for sure.

grownout - no, trust me youre the man, ive been following you. you know how there's certain posters you always read what they type and learn from and respect all their work and info. youre one of them. just humble.

thanks yall. pics are awesome, i cant wait to see more.

I have a couple contributions of some OG's

Pure Kush(Topanga Canyon)
View Image
View Image
View Image

my 91 hollywood pk looks just like that in flower. mine dont get colas as big as those but i just think thats cuz you got it dialed. ive never been good at getting og's to yield fat. the leaves even yellow up weird like that, i can never keep em nice and green in flower but the buds will still be perfect. even when the plants beat to shit the buds will still be nice and stinky.. i love that one. im thinking theyre the same for sure cuz that pure kush goes by a lot of different names of areas like hollywood, topanga canyon, malibu, etc..

one of my favorites, i got boys from ot that come to town and by 5 packs of really really top notch og kush and theyll still shoot me 475 to go get em an ounce from mmrc to smoke on lol. people pay the extra for it. mrc sells it for 60 and 1/8 all the way up so if you buy a pound its 60 an eight all the way up, thats 480 a zip, sometimes theyll give a little discount if the buds are small or something lol but its one of the more expensive strains like the cookies.

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
I was gonna show my Jesse Jane OG that smells like straight ass but Philthy said no!! Boo!!!

this threads intended to document all the different ones and give the people a chance to see if what they have is legit or not so i would say post what you have, even if its a dispensary rename its still an og.. im sure people wanna know what it really is and maybe someone will be able to tell. this thread should be for information and documentation. one of the reasons i posted all mine up were to see if anyone can spot any fakes they know for sure. i guess keep the hybrids out, keep it pure og's.

but part of the point to me is to see all the different cuts with all the different names and see if any are the same, try to help with all the confusion and find out the stories and info on each one, find out if its a real cut or just a made up name. see if its a mislabel, etc etc.

lol philthy your pic reminds me just like mine, haha i use the white half gallon bags and even the handwriting looks like mine and the backyard too haha i woulda thought that was one of my pics.

that king louie is slowly becoming one of my favorites. i love the buds. theres a few fakes going around, i have two completely different plants both give to me as king louie, both produce amazing buds too. one is a hardier plant, thicker stems and less stretchy, beefy yield, the other is classic og, viney and stretchy. some people even say king louie and louie xiii are different? i dont think so. and i think it yields a little beefier. shout out to sun valley caregivers for putting that one out, they still keep the fire king louie buds for 10 a g and 35 an 8th. top shelf.

symbiote420

Veteran
Larry OG

Larry OG

Here's my Larry cut, I stopped running her earlier this year to keep my plant numbers in check while I ran some test grows .....got in touch with my peeps I let hold her and even gave them a couple Wifi cuts, it's been over a month now and they still haven't returned a cut of my baby yet!

larry og.jpg
I hope I get her back soon, one of the best OGs these veteran lungs have smoked!!

* I know she's a little burned, that was my first run with a 1k ....learning curve lol

N-P-Kali

Are the "valley" and the "sfv" the same?

I think so. If it finishes in 56 - 63 days. PK/SFV/Valley/Topanga.

As mentioned earlier by Grownout, he and I have been trying to get to the bottom of this. I think we are beginning to build a consensus.

Also having an opportunity to study pictures posted here in the forums is helping tremendously.

they are very much different, the valley and sfv are 100% not the same plant.

dont know about the topanga canyon pure kush but im assuming its gams 91 malibu cut, if it is then it is also 100% different from valley or sfv.. it doesnt look like the sfv thats for sure.

i would be really surprised to hear different as i am positive after testing the majority of them.

sfv, valley, 818, hollywood pure, hollywood og, la pure, all different cuts with similar names that refer to the same place.