What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis cures psoriasis (with pics)

gingerale

Veteran
That is not what causes psoriasis, and if rubbing some oils on the skin were all it takes, don't you think more people suffering this disease would be taking those simple measures? To try to simplify a disease that causes such discomfort and straight up pain in such a manner is specious at best.

As a former sufferer of psoriasis I happen to know what I'm talking about....so maybe you could dismiss with the off-hand dismissals and offer a logical rebuttal as to why I'm wrong? I'm all ears to hear your scientific explanation of what causes psoriasis and how to cure it.

Oh wait, I know!! It must be the magic cannabis oil that, like holy water and colloidal silver, instantly cures everything it comes in contact with!

To turn your "logic" around: If rubbing cannabis on the skin and/or ingesting/smoking it were all it takes, after 10,000+ years of history with this plant don't you think more people suffering this disease would be taking those simple measures?

Here's a better test: does an alcohol-based cannabis tincture rubbed into the skin have the same effect as the oil? No, I guarantee it'd make the problem 10x worse.

gingerale

Veteran
The fact is, the root cause of psoriasis is dry skin, regardless of how the skin became dry. I have low natural skin oil production, and one time as a kid living in Arizona I had really, really bad sores (psoriasis) come up on my hands and knuckles due to dry skin. Cutting back on the use of soap (which in today's world, is actually DETERGENT) and keeping my hands moisturized helped and the sores went away, but I still had dry and patchy skin and uncontrollable hair, until I discovered the wonders of real (homemade) soap and jojoba oil.

OP: give it a try, you'll love it.

mr.brunch

Veteran
i was allways informed that psoriasis is an over-production and shedding of skin cells which build up and can crack , be sore and bleed. it is not caused to my knowledge by dry skin... my uncle is and has for yaers been covered in large patches of it and oils do nothing, along with most prescribed creams / lotions.
i intend to make some of this preparation for him in hope of success.
there is plenty of available literature on many ailments that can be cured or helped by "magical cannabis oil".... thats why doctors are prescribing it i believe

gingerale

Veteran
my uncle is and has for yaers been covered in large patches of it and oils do nothing, along with most prescribed creams / lotions.

This tells me that what we call "psoriasis" is probably multiple different (similar) skin conditions, with different causes. If doctors are prescribing things that work for some people and not for others, it would make sense. Your uncle must have a different root cause for his condition than me, if oils did not help, because they most certainly did for me.

Good luck Mr. Brunch and keep us posted on your results please.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
Gonna try this on my hands and feet.
Worst flares are almost unbearable.

Wonder if it will help with the psoriatic arth.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
The fact is, the root cause of psoriasis is dry skin, regardless of how the skin became dry. I have low natural skin oil production, and one time as a kid living in Arizona I had really, really bad sores (psoriasis) come up on my hands and knuckles due to dry skin. Cutting back on the use of soap (which in today's world, is actually DETERGENT) and keeping my hands moisturized helped and the sores went away, but I still had dry and patchy skin and uncontrollable hair, until I discovered the wonders of real (homemade) soap and jojoba oil.

Ps is an auto immune response causing accelerated skin growth. The result is plaque and pustules.
Im an oily bastard with no dryness issues. I have localized pustular and severe plaque ps.
The soles of my feet and palms of my hands are the only areas.
If dryness was the root of Ps. There would be no such thing as psoriatic arthritis.
Way to simple and completely wrong to just say dryness...

S

SeaMaiden

As a former sufferer of psoriasis I happen to know what I'm talking about....so maybe you could dismiss with the off-hand dismissals and offer a logical rebuttal as to why I'm wrong? I'm all ears to hear your scientific explanation of what causes psoriasis and how to cure it.

Oh wait, I know!! It must be the magic cannabis oil that, like holy water and colloidal silver, instantly cures everything it comes in contact with!

To turn your "logic" around: If rubbing cannabis on the skin and/or ingesting/smoking it were all it takes, after 10,000+ years of history with this plant don't you think more people suffering this disease would be taking those simple measures?

Here's a better test: does an alcohol-based cannabis tincture rubbed into the skin have the same effect as the oil? No, I guarantee it'd make the problem 10x worse.
I don't happen to have my poor grandmother here to try it out on, but I guarantee you that her psoriasis is life long since development, and it is not simply dry skin.

I can explain to you briefly why my own grandmother would not use anything associated with cannabis knowingly, but that would be a serious digression. My own suggestion would be simply that perhaps it is either new knowledge, or lost knowledge. I will not try to explain the why of any of this, I am simply happy to read that someone has found success, someone who appears to suffer the same sort of plaques my grandmother does.

She's been there, done that, and that, and that and that. Psoriasis is an autoimmune disorder, not simply dry skin. I would be surprised that you were properly Dx'd as having psoriasis. Also, let's not forget that there are different forms/manifestations of Psoriasis. You're oversimplifying here and are making a LOT of assumptions that are straight up wrong.
i was allways informed that psoriasis is an over-production and shedding of skin cells which build up and can crack , be sore and bleed. it is not caused to my knowledge by dry skin... my uncle is and has for yaers been covered in large patches of it and oils do nothing, along with most prescribed creams / lotions.
i intend to make some of this preparation for him in hope of success.
there is plenty of available literature on many ailments that can be cured or helped by "magical cannabis oil".... thats why doctors are prescribing it i believe
Psoriasis and eczema run strong in my family, as do ALLERGIES. My father lives with a tube of hydrocortisone nearby for his eczema, my grandmother uses who knows what at this point in her long life (94yo) but, believe you me she HAS tried it ALL, including jojoba oil, tea tree oil, coal tar preparations, antibiotics, anti-inflammatories, you name it!

S

Scrappy-doo

There are certainly different causes for psoriasis and eczema. I personally suffer from seborrheic dermatitis, which the latest research is suggesting is caused by fungus, specifically, malassezia. My research suggests that fungus is possibly the cause of many different types of psoriasis (and many other diseases that have an 'unknown' cause). But I'm sure there are other potential causes. What works for some doesn't work for others, so there are different issues that need to be addressed on an individual basis.

Ingesting cannabis sounds interesting as far as the anti-inflammatory qualities I've read about. I wonder what taking it on a daily basis internally would do. I'll have to look into which strains have a high CBD content. The CBD is what has the anti-inflammatory properties, correct?

mr.brunch

Veteran
There are certainly different causes for psoriasis and eczema. I personally suffer from seborrheic dermatitis, which the latest research is suggesting is caused by fungus, specifically, malassezia. My research suggests that fungus is possibly the cause of many different types of psoriasis (and many other diseases that have an 'unknown' cause)....

interesting you should say this, my grandmother used to say
that psoriasis gets worse in the spring and autumn, due to different spores in the air... "when the leaves come and when the leaves go" i believe was the saying.

mr.brunch

Veteran
This tells me that what we call "psoriasis" is probably multiple different (similar) skin conditions, with different causes. If doctors are prescribing things that work for some people and not for others, it would make sense. Your uncle must have a different root cause for his condition than me, if oils did not help, because they most certainly did for me.

Good luck Mr. Brunch and keep us posted on your results please.

thanks man, i will def post results here. i have four bags of trim on ice, and am awaiting some more so i will be using best bubble hash!!:woohoo:

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
i have been seeing good results with the X-TRAC laser but it's expensive...

need to make some bubble

BlindDate

Veteran
Gingerale...obviously does NOT have psoriasis or he would never say something as dumb as it being "dry" skin. True sufferers that have had this all their lives and have tried every cure under the sun from steroid creams to PUVA to Dead Sea resorts will know very quickly if it's the cannabis or the oil.

GIS

Have had psoriasis since a teen. Not that bad, but annoying and painful enough. I have it on my knees and scalp mostly. Tried all the internet "cures", like changing diet, and applying only olive oil, etc and just made things worse. Finally found coal tar shampoo and that pretty much keeps it in check most of the time. But I am definitely going to try making some kief oils because to me that would be like one of the greatest discoveries ever (from someone who has it), this thread is the best thread I've come across. Thank you so much for this. Potentially life changing. I've found psoriasis to get worse in winter, because less sun. Sun seems to help a lot with it.

Kine Boisin

I too suffer from Psoriasis and Psoriatic Athritis, and can say for fact that it is an auto-immune disease/disorder.

I've read and tried a lot of different Cannabis preparations to try and treat my disease as I've got serious sensitivities to the anti-rheum drugs prescribed to treat the disease.

Of everything I've tried, the only thing that works for me as a long-term solution, is daily juicing of raw Cannabis leaves, using a very specific high CBD strain.

Its pretty much completely cleared my Psoriasis, and is even growing out bad Psoriatic Nails, and has decreased my Psoriatic Arthritis so much that I'm off ALL pharma's and pain killers.

If anyone's interested in my juicing regime, I'll post a thread with what I do with some more detail.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Hey kine I'm all ears about your juice therapy... I tried dr Courtney's juice treatment a cpl years back... I didn't see any real diff after 3 months so I stopped as it was pretty labor intensive. I've also used HAO oil topically on plaques made with a 50/50 mix of the 20%
cbd cannatonic pheno and a mixture of the rest of my strains. I don't see and help with the plaques but if I apply it too the swollen joints where I have PA I find quick releaf from the pain and swelling. I started using medical cannabis to find help with this and other auto immune troubles And it's kept me off the steroids but it's not cured by a long shot.

Congrats to anyone who is plaque free from cannabis, wish I was...

the average idiot eats so dam digustingly that god knows whats in your lymp tissue's and what sweat contains as it comes out of your skin. u got dairy, dead animals, sugar, yeast , mold, fungus, u got people washing with dial soap which is slaughter house cow fat mixed with other detergents that u rub on your skin to bascially rub off your skins natural immune system.

we all need daily sun, twice a day morning n night is ideal, low u.v light level light hitting all of us

ezema is chronic vit d deficency and not much else, psoriasis is partially the same as well as a filthy lymph system, reember folks your skin shits more then your shiter n even gets rid of more shit then your liver in its own way, if your body is full of rottening shit your skin will look like shit, it never i repeat never changes.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
thanks for this thread. i have had psoriasis since i was a kid and i thought i would just have to be a dry ashy motherfucker for the rest of my life, or get a "wet suit" made that can keep my skin hydrated at all times. im gonna try thing out with the trim i have been saving. do i have to make the hash first or you think i can just extract with ISO and then immediately cook into some oil? i have been using olive oil for years, it helps but its no cure.

im shocked one and all but resin from my pipe is wonderful lotion if u cut it with a tad of olive oil, ive had a patch of meesed up skin on my foot and its working wonders, straight olive oil never did a dam thing, ive had the prob for years.....i think rick's hemp oil cure is in are pipes fellas though albeit a shitty less effective version but still there it is within armreach and no risk of explosion from heating alcohol over a flame, thank u again canna goddess.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
What is the danger with the steroid creams? I use that occasionally.

It makes your skin thin and it inactivates your adrenal glands, so by long time use you will get another problem osteoporosis or allergy when you've to stop because of the side effects.

Keep on growing :)