What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Organic amendments and fertilizers in Canada.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Welcome Harvest

Great thread to start. Tony the Tiger great.

I'll trade my soul, cuts or a bag of ginger step children if anyone finds rice hulls. Lots of breweries popping up on the Island lately though.

C

c-ray

in pemberton area there are some pumice pits.. when I talked to one of them a few years back they said a guy could get a load from site for cheap.. supposed to be a good perlite replacement

Last edited:
C

c-ray

the squamish river, up the squamish river valley road, is full of glacial silt and there are spots where a guy can pull up and load up

Bmac1

Veteran
C-Ray can one buy from Terralink direct in smaller quantities or do you have to go through one of the retailers?

C

c-ray

I think evergro will do cash and carry, never been there but that's what I was told..

HiFiGanja

I think evergro will do cash and carry, never been there but that's what I was told..

Both Terralink and Evergro/Direct Solutions will do walk in sales. You'll pay full retail though. For some products it might not matter much but for others it could, just depends on what price the retailer negotiated.

I have a love hate relations ship with Evergro. The employees and service is pretty good but they control the price of Pro Mix so you get monopoly prices on promix. Even if you try to get a container load you get fuck all on savings.

diffusing

Welcome Harvest

Great thread to start. Tony the Tiger great.

I'll trade my soul, cuts or a bag of ginger step children if anyone finds rice hulls. Lots of breweries popping up on the Island lately though.

http://torontobrewing.ca/index.php/brewing-ingredients/grains/adjuncts/rice-hulls.html

ill take 6 diff cuts, and 3 sacks of gingers plz. you can keep the soul.

:)

it seems it was a trick and they only have 15 lbs in stock (and probably(?) not organic) and its coming from ontario. so 22$ for the 15lbs of hulls and 25$ for shipping. but i think i still win some sort of prize anyway!@ maybe i should just get some sleep instead.

Last edited:

HiFiGanja

http://www.thebugfactory.ca/

There was another one I used that was based in the Fraser Valley I believe. I cant remember the name right now but the prices were ok and shipping was quick.

Looking at their stuff Swirskii mite is what I've been told eradicates thrips like crazy. I'll double check my a buddy who owns greenhouses. He uses it and says works like hot damn.

I use to get my bugs from Evergro/Westgro but they split that division off and just tried Terralink yesterday and they sell Nemasys (Nematodes Steinernema feltiae) way cheaper but will try the bug factory tomorrow and see what prices they can give me.

HiFiGanja

Anyone know any places in Canada that sells Sucanat by 50Lb bags? I searched long and only found places in the US but dealing with them was like dealing with some backwards people and my Dextrose supplier wont brig it in.

Latest posts

Latest posts