What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Question regarding fem seeds

DeadDog

Could someone explain how they feminized seeds and are they guaranteed to all be female and not hermaphedites.(sp).

NEED 4 SEED

If done right and the right plants are chosen then they will be 99,999% female. Most hermaphrodites come up if the parent plants had the tendency in their genes. The reversal is done by chemicals, look up STS (silver thiosulphate).

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I've never had a fem hermie or be male.. DeadDog is correct but most hermies come from light leaks and other stress put on them by their gardeners.

EDIT: and most want to blame the breeder, not themselves.

DeadDog

Thanks for your answers. I prefer regular seeds (old school), not that there's anything wrong with femenized. I like the idea of making my own seeds f1 for my own stash instead of paying the high price of seeds. I know someone has to make a living putting the time and money into the business and definitely appreciate it.