What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trimmers Elbow

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
Did you mean the Yellow and Red, or the Red and Green?
I started out with the Red one a few weeks ago. It's been hard to do it regularly and daily. I don't mean painfully hard, just hard to remember to do it all the time even when not feeling pain.

Most days my elbow is fine, however if I water or do anything physical without the brace, I am feeling it for the next few days.

It's interesting how slow of a recovery this injury is.

I gave one away to a buddy but I still have the green one which I believe is the larger of the two so it was probably the red and green combo.

I'm a bigger fit guy so if you're smaller or you don't lift, maybe the smallest two will work best? I do know I ordered the green one first and it was too much for my injury so I ordered the other one and worked up to the green one.

I suffered needlessly for a couple years with that pain, I really wish I'd known about these sooner.

Set a daily reminder on your phone or your PC for a couple weeks. After that the routine will be set and you're on your way to recovery.

MrBungle

MSM is a great supplement for this, but won't help with pain if you have a flare up...

last time my tendonitis flared up it lasted at least 6 months.... i couldn't even lift a coffee cup..
If it flares up the naproxen sodium will take the pain away.... tylenol, aspirin, ibuprofen none of it works like the naps... The doctor will give you 500 mg, but you can get the 250 mg at cvs.. usually 2 of em takes the edge off

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
MSM is a great supplement for this, but won't help with pain if you have a flare up...
You're quite correct. It will make flare ups go away quicker, and prevent them from showing up as often or being as severe. (edit: When taken daily, as a supplement)

Crazy that MSM has been around for 30+ years, is probably less toxic than water, and I only heard about it a month ago. Such an amazing supplement with so many benefits.

Criminal.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I use magnets... small magnets purchased at home depot like these> https://www.homedepot.com/p/Magcraf...1-16-in-Disc-Magnet-80-Pack-NSN0657/204721317

attach with water proof band aides. my blood type is 0-, so with + positive side of magnet to my skin at the (for me) right elbow, usually one on either side of the spot giving the pain.

of course, if one has positive blood type, the negative side of the magnet to the skin... 'opposites attract' use a simple directional compass to insure + to -.. if you do it backwards the pain will get worse... i just had mt shoulder 'stitched up' an have a few percs in me.. EDIT: sorry for rambling, i been doing magnets for ??? 12-15 years... works for me..

no need for medical grade magnets that sold onesies, twosies can get expensive...

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
douglas curtis says magnets work but not for the reasons i explained above. I'll listen brother:tiphat:.. no one has ever told me different..

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
douglas curtis says magnets work but not for the reasons i explained above. I'll listen brother:tiphat:.. no one has ever told me different..
Magnets work, period. There's a very sound principle involved and the 'cure' I mentioned is an offshoot of it. No, my cure does not use magnets but the two are definitely related.

The +/- for blood types refers to the presence of the RH (Rhesus Monkey) genetics. It isn't a magnetic polarity for your blood. However, you may experience different results personally with different poles of a magnet. No idea what the specific causes would be, I haven't researched into it enough for the answer to that.

Please be aware... messing around with EMF or magnets near the pineal gland is not recommended. Mental stability issues can be created. You've been warned.
:tiphat:
Save

bloyd

Veteran
In addition to the rolflex I mentioned earlier, I'd recommend static hanging from a bar or rings. The lateral epicondylitis usually starts with tight shoulder/neck muscles.

Hope you're finding some relief, it can be a painfully debilitating condition.

KONY

Veteran
I gave one away to a buddy but I still have the green one which I believe is the larger of the two so it was probably the red and green combo.

I'm a bigger fit guy so if you're smaller or you don't lift, maybe the smallest two will work best? I do know I ordered the green one first and it was too much for my injury so I ordered the other one and worked up to the green one.

I suffered needlessly for a couple years with that pain, I really wish I'd known about these sooner.

Set a daily reminder on your phone or your PC for a couple weeks. After that the routine will be set and you're on your way to recovery.

Been doing these religiously now since that last post, at least 2 sets a day, but most of the time 3-4.

It's definitely working.

Thanks again for the recommendation. I figure I will probably be ready for the stronger band in a week or 2.

CaptainDankness

Aka lateral epicondylitis or Tennis Elbow.

After growing outdoor seriously for the first time, and having to move out of the place unexpectedly, I gave myself trimmers elbow from trimming too much too quickly. I'm guessing I pretrimmed about 10lbs in 3 days. By pretrimmed I mean all dead and non frosty leaves, then cut down to golfball sized nugs.

This was right at the beginning of October. It is still not better. Now I can only trim 1 indoor plant (3-5oz) before needing to take a break for 30-60 minutes. I used to be able to trim 3-4plants without a break.

It will start to heal, but as a result of indoor growing 365 it hasn't actually healed. Now I am at the point where I am starting to do my own physical therapy to try to fix it.

Anyone else had this? How long did it actually take to heal? In some sorta weird way I'm happy to know what is actually wrong. For weeks I thought it was just a pulled muscle or muscle injury.

10 pounds in 3 days?? Fuck that shit! Ever thought about making hash? Are you actually human??

John Wick can't even handle that impossible task. :biggrin:

shithawk420

Veteran
Lmao!I figured youd get carpel tunnel before tennis elbow.this mother fucker must be Edward scissor hands to trim like that and can still even move his fingers!lol

Latest posts

Latest posts