What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gene Traders Ludlow Mass Sunday Jan 14th

Novice Grower, Pro Sampler Here; Mostly a lurker but for what it's worth, I thought I'd share my experience:
I went to 3 Gene Traders (THClub) events since like March 2017... first event I heard about thru reading Chunkypigs' thread while educating myself on strain genetics.
I showed up hoping to trade various beans for some diversified genes. Keep in mind my beans weren't prettily packaged, just dime baggies w some birdseed in em. So i got into the THClub and walked into a huge open room, with vendor tables starting on my left in an "L"pattern down that half of the room. On my right was a long bar counter which reached to the wall, with a few pub tables and picnic benches spaced out with a stage in the far-right corner and a few more vendor tables in the middle.
So I'm making my way counter-clockwise, soaking it all in... I was just astounded bc I'd never seen anything like it: Gallon-sized mason jars full of not just flowers, but some of the nicest, stinkiest, dankest, frostiest, HT-Cover-looking flowers I'd ever seen! Concentrates like a mu'faka; everywhere I looked there was wax, rosin, liquid oils...medicated chocolates, lozenges, whoopie pies... Dab rigs set up, RAW cones getting stuffed: I remember thinking: Amsterdam ain't got nothing on this!
So like I said, I was planning to diversify my genetics, not buy flowers _I'd brought my own. But how cool was it to buy a gram of some flowers I'd never before chanced to come across... and pack a bowl to sample right there?!?! Now after I'd worked the room, taken my 1st dab (YEAH!), and sat down @ pizzashop-looking picnic table, I started to roll up something I can't remember (lol), but wanted to sample for pain relief. I was kinda bummed that no seed vendors were present, or so I thought...
Well I'm enjoying my smoke with my back towards the right-side wall and stage, but I can kinda hear some guys chatting up genetics behind me near the pub tables. Well, I turned around and saw the "Chunkypigs" poster and "HIGH-fived" myself internally... Just who I was hoping to talk to. So once I got a chance I came over and shared some dank goodness and convo, which was reciprocated. He'd set up @ a pub table, guerilla-style, with what looked like around a dozen jars of stinky, frosty flower samples...Not just for seeing and smelling. Chunky's a very cool, knowledgeable, down-to-earth kinda guy to cyphe with...We smoked up, i took advantage and peppered him w questions about all things cannabis... I met more peeps and I traded CP some CrackerJack seeds for PantyBreath beans and other quality genetics.
All-in-all a very worthwhile experience for me!

Recommendation: GO! I don't care if you're wanting flowers, seeds, clones, concentrates, or edibles. They will be there, fo' sho'! Maybe you just wanna go for the "experience"? DO IT! Very different than a dispensary experience...

I am a CANNABIS CONNOISSEUR, AKA THE CANNASSEURRR (with 3 R's), and I have a passion for all things cannabis... Hope to meet up w some of you there!

Americangrower

Veteran
Well I will be working but I'm sending my boys Slabs and SkyBound to meet n greet with Chunky and all the IC brothers/sisters.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
See you guys there today! Ill be wearing a black and white winter camo jacket and matching hat.
Come over and say hi to Overgrow if you see me sampling Chunkys GSC's. Ill also have a shit ton of great genetics to trade or gift. Come see whats in Overgrows pockets of gifting goodness!
Ive never GSC before, and Im looking forward to trying it for the first time. Especially from Chunky!

Im asking everyone I know to borrow the $20 admission fee and I got a friend who said to text him at noon and he will prob have it for me. So I should be there around 12:30 - 1 o'clock.
Cant wait to smoke, gift, trade, and meet with a bunch of you! I'll have CBs1 wax from ~Star~ Crash.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
It was packed. Business looked to be brisk. Availability was good security was tops.

EMAN8915

Chunky I'm going to hold you to that ogbk2.0 in a month or so when your mom's refreshed. I'll gladly take you out for a meal and give you a taste of anything I got. On a different not I scored some triangle kush cuts just by accident by being friendly. I always seem to befriend mainers. I'm destined to live there I think. Club was a great host made me think SOA lol

~star~crash~

It was packed. Business looked to be brisk. Availability was good security was tops.

Small venue
Crowded
Venue was good
A lot of out of st@ters

There was a good amount of cuts available from one vendor, they had silver back, gg4 and bubble gum. All were in plugs, healthy, And appears to be no bugs. They were just freshly rooted, 20 bux a pop.

A other vendor had clones of strains I've never heard of like Skittles, don't remember the rest, small cuts planted in large pots, I would not buy those.

There was some seeds, I didn't inquire about any, or the price.

It would seem the clones sold quick.

I would go to another Gene traders show.

very cool! :tiphat:

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
What A great show! Sat with Chunky for a bit and smoked some forum and some OGKB 2.0. Place was packed for a good long while. Everyone was friendly and considerate. It was held at the “Longriders MC Clubhouse”. They were thier own security. Did a fantastic job! Great guys!

Met cannasuer, scrappy-doo, and many others. Buddelight. Gave away a bunch of beans and got some Sex Pistol beansfrom Chunky who said they’de Be perfect for outdoors this season. The venue was Only 20 min drive from my apt.
Very impressed with Chunky! He’s a great business man and this is def not his first rodeo. He was impressive with the customers and very busy. Glad he did his thing with style. I think he had the fullest ashtray with roaches there. It was nonstop joint after joint. He had freshly picked tops in cans for all to see.A thousand noses rubbed across those buds. Dirty Girls! Lol

Thanks for making it a success everybody. Had a great time even though I was there to gift seeds, meet ICMaggers, and smoke, and not buy seeds or clones.
Not a cop insight. Not driving there. Or Driving home. They let the MC Club do their thing, and let us do ours. Very alien for Ludlow police or for being in Mass. Refreshing to see and experience.

There were some tables with mediocre strains and some like Chunky that we’re very busy.
Some tables didn’t even have there own wares. They weren’t doing so good.
Guy had a table that had clear white Cbd wax. Great guys. Told me some victory stories about people who smoke his product and their living more comfortably with chronic conditions.
It was awesome. Looking forward to the next one where maybe I’ll get a booth and sling some Slg and a few other strains.

Scrappy-doo

What a zoo in there! It was great chatting and trading with everyone. Met some quality people, made some new friends and contacts. Scored a pack of 1960's era Skunk #1. Looking forward to the next showcase!

Scrappy-doo

That skittles cut was going for $500. Offered to trade, they weren't interested lol. Nice people though. I chatted them up for a while.

Scrappy-doo

Too steep for me, that's for sure! Their sample jar smelled nice. Didn't see really much else for elite clones aside from what I brought.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
The GGs were going like hotcakes when I got there around 1. I saw more people carrying them around with big smiles .

Latest posts

Latest posts