What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why do you prefer medicinal marijuana to pain killers?

Carrole2017

Many people have very different reasons for smoking joint. Mine is for recreational and medicinal reasons. What is/are yours?

Attachments

• IMG_2946A.jpg
    IMG_2946A.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2948A.jpg
    IMG_2948A.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2953A.jpg
    IMG_2953A.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 22

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Why cannabis?

Ability to Reduce/Eliminate pain, while retaining functionality
Huge number of beneficial side effects
Tastes and smells fantastic
No liver/kidney/immune-system damage
No addiction

... Why not cannabis?

Spaventa

Veteran
Why cannabis?

Ability to Reduce/Eliminate pain, while retaining functionality
Huge number of beneficial side effects
Tastes and smells fantastic
No liver/kidney/immune-system damage
No addiction

... Why not cannabis?

all that for me too but also the only thing that works that I can take regularly is Tramadol and it makes me nauseas.
Same with medication for PTSD, the only ones that stop the nightmares also turn me into a zombie and only work for a month or two so have to be cycled, like the Tramadol, load of shit. The weed relieves the pains a bit without nausea or liver damage and I don't dream AT ALL :woohoo:

Gry

Opiates felt like a merry go round from hell.
Cannabis felt like a gift from above.

wasgedn

when using it long enough tramadol will double tripple youre symptoms after cutting it off....
tramadol is either opiate or benzodiazipin and can fck your life completely...

every patient should try cannabis first ...long before chems...

i did use diclofenac for back pain , it doesnt make addiction but fcks youre stomach ..its shit..
but when you have to use it..but you wont make your body any better with chems...youre shorten youre lifetime or better youre healthy lifetime...ok no back hurt but stomach could get fckd and backpain still there..its bad deal..isnt it...

.only gaining muscle,sport, ganja and possitive thinking can heal backpain..when its not to late allready...sry sht englese...

Green Squall

when using it long enough tramadol will double tripple youre symptoms after cutting it off....
tramadol is either opiate or benzodiazipin and can fck your life completely...

every patient should try cannabis first ...long before chems...

i did use diclofenac for back pain , it doesnt make addiction but fcks youre stomach ..its shit..
but when you have to use it..but you wont make your body any better with chems...youre shorten youre lifetime or better youre healthy lifetime...ok no back hurt but stomach could get fckd and backpain still there..its bad deal..isnt it...

.only gaining muscle,sport, ganja and possitive thinking can heal backpain..when its not to late allready...sry sht englese...

Tramadol is both a weak Opioid and an SNRI. Withdrawal will include Opiate withdrawal and symptoms similar to SSRI withdrawal. I can't even fathom that combination. Sounds like manufactured hell to me. It can also be very dangerous for someone already on an antidepressant since Serotonin Syndrome is a big risk. I wouldn't be caught dead taking that shit.

I fear the opiate epidemic is only going to get worse before it gets better in the US. And just the other day Donald Chump was putting to blame on China for illicit fentanyl. He said nothing about the Pharmaceutical Industry or Doctors being a part of the problem.

Just be careful when it comes to pain meds folks. I recently lost one of my best friends to an overdose. Met him in Pre-School and were tight up until a few years ago due to his addiction. I feel guilty losing touch with him and often wonder if I could have done more to help. I spoke with his mother and she said he had 2 years of sobriety, was working as a substance abuse counselor and things were looking great. He must have slipped and ended up on life support, passing a few days later.

RIP Buddy. We had so many fun and CRAZY times that won't be forgotten!

armedoldhippy

Veteran
no matter how much weed i smoke, i can still function - IE - drive a car, work at any job i have held, walk, talk (might babble a hair, lol) etc. am unable to do ANY of those while taking enough opiates to make me feel better. 'nuff said...:tiphat:

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I forget about the pain faster with a few dabs & it's a good practical hobby that makes me excercise & eat better

wasgedn

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]i also lost a few good friends i grown up with....i miss them dam much...
I fear the opiate epidemic is only going to get worse before it gets better in the US. And just the other day Donald Chump was putting to blame on China for illicit fentanyl. He said nothing about the Pharmaceutical Industry or Doctors being a part of the problem.
so true....also they started
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]big time [/FONT]bombing on affie fields ...
whenever i have feeling they start new golden triangle in turkey,irak,kurdistan,is state....
and funny is i believe most heroin for US comes not from affie or china..

--------------------------
yep i forgot: eating better is half of way...
[/FONT]

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Was on opiates for 16 years. Getting off was the hardest and best thing I ever did. Best thing about Cannabis.... No painful withdraw, and don't have to pay nearly as much for my meds.

mushroombrew

Veteran
all that for me too but also the only thing that works that I can take regularly is Tramadol and it makes me nauseas.
Same with medication for PTSD, the only ones that stop the nightmares also turn me into a zombie and only work for a month or two so have to be cycled, like the Tramadol, load of shit. The weed relieves the pains a bit without nausea or liver damage and I don't dream AT ALL :woohoo:

Look into EMDR therapy for PTSD. Changed my life. Most anti psychotic/hypnotic drugs are not good for you.
I should know. My father was the worlds largest manufacturer.(ELi Lilly) Take A wild guess wether or not we got along?! haha weed for the win!

wasgedn

check
Weediquette - Season 2
Reefer Rehab

its on the open....when you doesn't find it... pm me...

thats next level detoxication...

Green Squall

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]i also lost a few good friends i grown up with....i miss them dam much...
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]big time [/FONT]bombing on affie fields ...
whenever i have feeling they start new golden triangle in turkey,irak,kurdistan,is state....

[/FONT]

I don't think bombing the fields is a good idea. Most of the people who grow it are just poor farmers trying feed their family. Plus it wouldn't even put a dent into the production. If your interested in the subject, check out the book Opium Season: A Year on the Afghan Frontier.
https://www.amazon.com/Opium-Season-Year-Afghan-Frontier/dp/1599216213

If there's a demand for drugs, there will ALWAYS be a supply. I think the key to the opiate problem is here at home. We need to end the hopelessness which is why so many people turn to drugs in the first place. How do we do that? I'm not totally sure but we need to start somewhere. Jobs, affordable college, healthcare, mental health services, etc.

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
When my back completely seizes up, a good joint will loosen the muscles like no painkillers do.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
For dealing with the severe pain in my jaw and teeth, as well as the chronic insomnia I live with, nothing in terms of conventional medication has come close to managing these problems that I constantly deal with. I pisses me off to no end that there is an easily obtainable remedy that improves the quality of my life but I'm just not aloud to have it. Feels great to harvest medicine and know that despite all the odds and forces against me I can help myself and others.

wasgedn

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
I think the key to the opiate problem is here at home.
yep but people are to brainwashed...its like trying to close a cut with a knife...

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
I pisses me off to no end that there is an easily obtainable remedy that improves the quality of my life but I'm just not aloud to have it
attention, you could sound like a conspiracy theory guckoo
guess you get my point no native englese over here...
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

You need to educate yourself some more. You really think bombing fields in Afghanistan is the solution? All that would do is kill innocent peasent farmers that will lose their livelihood. They grow opium because firstly go try and sow any other seeds in barren was desert land Afghanistan. NOTHING beats poppies in terms of how easy they are to grow in terrible conditions, And, even if you could grow wheat or corn, they get 50x more money growing poppies yet still live in dirt huts and struggle to survive.

Opium production was up over 86% this year compared to last in Afghanistan.

Even if we made it so poppies were impossible to grow anywhere in the world (which is fucking impossible. You don't realize how many places grow poppies. You didn't even include India or Mexico in your list but let's pretend poppies get wiped off the face off the earth...

THAT WOULD MAKE SHIT A MILLION TIMES WORSE as there would be no more way to make actual heroin and do you really think a bunch if junkies will just up and quit? They will move to the shit that you don't need poppies to make as it's totally synthetic.

You know, shit like, fentanyl?!

If anything easier access to real uncut heroin would fix a ton of issues rather than cause more. It's the sythetics dropping people like flies. Regular heroin never ever killed so many so quickly like we are seeing in these modern times man

But ya. Go bomb Afghanistan and don't focus on the fact that there's only a supply because there's a demand and

Latest posts

Latest posts