What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Any New Zealanders out there?

NzGreenWhanau

Looking for some advice

Looking for some advice

Just trying to get some feedback on local sellers in nz. Im looking to purchase a L.E.D light but im unsure which company to buy it from if anyone has brought any an could recommend anyone or who to avoid that would be great

Depends on what you do and how much wanna spend to achieve it. Switched on gardener rebranded and is now hyalite. There are only a few stores but they have an online store too, send it to a safe address, easy.
Theres plenty online that are cheaper too, be careful to check reviews of anything coming from overseas.
LEDs are still pretty expensive and in the end you dont always get what you pay for, hope that helps.

NzGreenWhanau

Thanks for your reply. Im interested in buying an L.E.D for a small vege tent. 1m x 1m. Ive found a few sites but havent been able to find many actual reveiws on the products they are selling.

quintos

Thanks for your reply. Im interested in buying an L.E.D for a small vege tent. 1m x 1m. Ive found a few sites but havent been able to find many actual reveiws on the products they are selling.

Best would be cree CXB 3590 running 50-60w but most expensive, can get cheaper chips like citizen bridgelux and vero.

All depends on how much you want to spend just make sure what you buy is legit and has a good driver to run the leds like MEANWELL

NzGreenWhanau

Just wanting to get in touch with a few more like minded people from this beautiful country we call home. Give us a message kiwi's. Surely we have a bit of information about our skills we can share with each other. :biggrin: :biggrin:
:tiphat:
Keep safe. pukana :tongue:

:plant grow:
Im keen to chat if you interested been out if the scene for a while but have recently decided to start growing for my personal use again

NzGreenWhanau

Query

Query

Best would be cree CXB 3590 running 50-60w but most expensive, can get cheaper chips like citizen bridgelux and vero.

All depends on how much you want to spend just make sure what you buy is legit and has a good driver to run the leds like MEANWELL

After seeing the different pre made led lights an the price compared to buying the materials to build own. I was wondering if you have built one your self an how hard is it really to make yourself. An if you may know of a good source of info on making them your self. Thanks in advance👌🏾

rod58

After seeing the different pre made led lights an the price compared to buying the materials to build own. I was wondering if you have built one your self an how hard is it really to make yourself. An if you may know of a good source of info on making them your self. Thanks in advance👌🏾

hey mate , i'm pretty sure there is a thread on icmag that explains just how to do it ..growroom designs and equipment .

NzGreenWhanau

Cheers Rod58

Cheers Rod58

hey mate , i'm pretty sure there is a thread on icmag that explains just how to do it ..growroom designs and equipment .
Thanks im still a newbie on this site ive entered a few things on the search engine but not much pops up. An I would of replied to your pm but couldnt figure out how too🤨

rod58

just go to forums and scroll down until you get to growing indoors , there will be sub foriums covering nearly everything ..cheers with that .rod
you'll find your way .

quintos

I have just finished upgrading my 2 tents with 6 rigs of 6 CXB 3590 costing on average $100 per light, so 36 lights $3600 nzd

Building them is incredibly simple, just dont touch the cob service, even wiring 1 rig up incorrectly done no damage, and i always use an RCD when running my DIY lights.

The spectrum is closer to the sun than an HPS/MH can produce, 1 rig runs at 320watts tested at the wall, producting 80,000 lumens when testing up close has good penetration.

any questions feel free to ask always happy to share knowledge

Wesleypipesnz

Hey guys,K.
I am looking at importing s33ds to nz from uk amsterdam or canada.
looking on any and all advice on bringing these into NZ. your experiences etc....its just for personal use will only be 3-5 seeds.
Any help would be amazing

rod58

howdy new zealand . your a quiet lot !
nothing like those noisy lads i shore sheep with during the big 80s shearing strike in new south wales .
lots of good times then !
haha , couldn't shut ya up !

NzGreenWhanau

S33Ds

S33Ds

Hey guys,K.
I am looking at importing s33ds to nz from uk amsterdam or canada.
looking on any and all advice on bringing these into NZ. your experiences etc....its just for personal use will only be 3-5 seeds.
Any help would be amazing

I was qutie lucky to have a close family member procure some seeds online for us to try. They got a prepaid visa prezzy card an ordered them with that payment, the seeds arrived with in a month. All indiscreet packaging. I have seen a veiw reports lately talking about seeds being found by customs but. If you havent a safe address to get them sent too i would recommend not growing them for a few months just to be safe. Otherwise go with a well known store that delivers seeds to NZ in discreet packaging.
Good Luck.
What strains are you looking at getting?

Wesleypipesnz

I was qutie lucky to have a close family member procure some seeds online for us to try. They got a prepaid visa prezzy card an ordered them with that payment, the seeds arrived with in a month. All indiscreet packaging. I have seen a veiw reports lately talking about seeds being found by customs but. If you havent a safe address to get them sent too i would recommend not growing them for a few months just to be safe. Otherwise go with a well known store that delivers seeds to NZ in discreet packaging.
Good Luck.
What strains are you looking at getting?

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.
I am worried about customs but have heard that with stealth shipping and without original breeders packaging they almost always get through?
Im looking at some grand daddy purple, bubba kush and some gorrila glue, just for a small personal use pc box grow etc.

Latest posts

Latest posts