What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

THE KIWI THREAD

N

NZjay

haha.. i thought date was a little out ;)

still tasty looking though.. what a beautiful plant we grow.
got a name for pic 1 if its not CStone?

N

NZjay

just harvested my outdoor Mazar .. which means im ready for the rest of the World Cup!

LETS GOOO ALL BLACKS!

dobo

Nice Jay :) I'm starting my first outdoor grow now,seedlings seem to be managing with the cold night temps but they definatly not growing as fast as indoors (at seedling stage) I've also noticed 2 plants that have the 2 round leafs (cotyon...SP?) but have no proper leaves starting..they are seeds from when a plant of mine went hermie so they might not have been mature enough..ill be starting my good genetics WW and Amsterdam Flame X hindu Kush in few weeks time when all the frosts have gone. When do you guys start planting outdoors? I'm in NZ

G

Gidday Kiwis

I'm a local boy too. Interesting the comments expats make about bringing the good skunk back here. I never really knew skunk till I met some AK boys who set me straight.

Thing is, I prefer sativa. All the skunk here is like chinese food, 1 hour later you need more. Old school Sativa with a 6 hour high, you know what I'm talking about.

I also notice many import seeds/strains caused problems with budrot and powdery mildew in the hydro setup I had.

I knew I needed a local strain. I'd rather have something that handles the weather, not try and play God all the time chasing temps, humidity...

But, sativa indoors = stretch like a mofo. So I crossed some imported skunk on an old school sativa and have had awesome results and no mould/mildew problems since.

Short fat strong plants with a long stone.

I saw an outdoor plant in Waikato yield 3 1/2 lbs. It was buried on top of where a sheep carcass went a year before that. In the end the guy was just throwing handfuls of fert at it it never burned just got massive. The carcass apparently, on top of the nutrients it provides, also provides a water sink, the pelt held loads of water. Aussies do this with Roos. I reckon a possum/goat or two in the ground wouldn't be a bad thing if you use a site repeatedly.

dobo - planting outdoors depends on what part of the country you're in, and also the size of the plants you plant out. Larger plants cope better with temperature fluctuations etc. Ask your local garden centre when they think you should put your tomatoes and capsicums out ;)

N

NZjay

hey Bong, i just recently bought the girl you maybe looking for.

shes %80 sativa, and the worlds first ever "Midget Sativa".
shes MADE to be grown indoors.

ive just now got a seed started... but if i cant convince you this is what you are looking for, then you need to take some time and watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2XN6KN4kjg

meet Arjans Haze #3

enjoy the vid...

sounds like you have made something special.. im an indoor grower myself..........
11192O-Awake1.jpg

and when i come home im gonna continue my passion. F.O.R S.U.R.E!
would love to see some of your strain?... i hope you give her a Kiwi name dude... when i come home, i wanna get into breeding a "Silver fern" kiwi strain that everyone has heard of, and put us Kiwi growers on the growing Map!.. :)

heheh
..btw... i might need some help! *NUDGE!!* lol!!

Peace!

G

WaaHey NZjay!

WaaHey NZjay!

Dude!

Thanks so much for that link it's in me favourites can't wait to show some boys. I'm excited!

When I saw the word midget in the intro to the video I was like :nono:

Then I watched and I'm like :jump:

:badday:

The strain I had is a sativa (Dum Dum)/skunk (Big Bud) - I called it Dum Bud originally. It is unique in that, it doesn't smell, every seeds a female, and you can force it to hermie simply by adding bad conditions.

It's also very strong, and a long time high. To date, it's the second best weed I've grown. The best was Dum Dum/Super Skunk, but unfortunately I had no seeds, nor clones, and at the time, no idea how freaking good it was going to be.

Dum Bud was kept, luckily, and has been enjoyed by myself and friends for a few years now. The first grow supplied many seeds, the following have been relatively seedless once the environment got fixed. It has a few phenotypes, one grows a sativa style leaf but only 3's, is still short, but slower growing than I'd prefer. The other phenotypes grow like skunk, are easy to train (lst) and are short. I've seen some HUGE buds on another strain I was tempted to cross it on, but, they are not that good, one hour stone...

Anyhow, watching the plants we isolated 2 specific types, one stronger than the other, trainable, and with no smell - a real good'n, cloned it, forced it to hermie, and... all female seeds.

This is called - Number 2's. - It is The Shit! :laughing:

That midget sativa would be perfect to add to the gene pool here.

A Kiwi Name, what a good idea. Silver Fern is your project. I will have to contemplate a tribute name to this wonderful wee country of ours (with crappy laws).

Nice t meet ya, keep in touch here, and bring home some Arjans Haze #3!

N

NZjay

Glad i could help!!

yeah, i was thinking of putting a seed in my suitcase... wonder what the chances are of them finding 1 tiny seed?....

lol

i just had my one seed pop. keep up to date with my 3k watt thread, ill be updating her in there.

basically gonna grow 1 female seed, big enough to be cloned 8x to grow a waterfarm full. before growing a DWC full and seeing what she can REALLY do!

im excited. :)

N

NZjay

hey Bong, i started a new thread for the Arjans haze, if you are interested in watching her grow from start to finish :)

in my sig.. (duh)

FarmerGreen

Auckland growers represent!

Been visiting this site for a couple of months and only just stumbled across this thread today. Nice to have a bit of local contact.

I've asked before, but I'm still kind of wondering, what are peoples experiences of importing seeds to NZ. I think I'm too paranoid to do it but I want to find some nice seeds.
Got a little diy stealth cab that I'm yet to take for its first run, just finishing off some final touches and waiting to find beans really.

Anyways nice to meet everyone

FarmerGreen

also, wheres a good place to get a run down of all the laws in NZ? How much to be in possession of? How much to grow? All of that

dobo

welcome FarmerGreen, I've imported seeds using nivarna seed company. You can find the laws and lots of useful information including your rights ect.. at www.norml.org.nz , you could even try posting on there and get a hold of some seeds or clones if you're lucky. I would send you some seeds but i've not yet tested the genetics and it would suck for you if the plants turned hermie.

FarmerGreen

that would suck indeed. Keep me posted though- sounds good.

Is importing seed really that safe? Kind of freaks me out a bit, do you send it to your house?

Pursie

hey farmer green, ive got in seeds from planetskunk 3x no probs
use safe addy and use money transfer n u'll be sweet.
peace
lots of strains in Auck doin the rounds at the moment
:joint:

doobiebrother

Kia Ora Kiwi growers.

Doobiebrother here ... good to see an Aussie / Kiwi threat a la OG days ...

Hope everyone's growing well ... me been doing it for 'bout 4 years now.

Be safe, enjoy your herb - peace out

DB

G

guest123

hey guys , dunno whats freakin u out so much about getting some seeds from overseas ,,, its no problem ,, they wont even hang u even if they were found ,, for gods sake guys , they are seeds , no smell nothing ,,,
even if they were to be found , u will have no problems ,, but its very rare they are found ...
trust me ,,i m sure ive had more seeds delivered that most other folks in australia ,, and not one has failed ,, some are very very late ,, but no trouble s. ...

G

nothing but good from nz i see

nothing but good from nz i see

wow i see sum awsome shit growing love that sky walker pursie that there is good weed

keep up the good work
aussie strains