What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CheeseHaze and DieselHaze test run

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i would like to introduce you to the fruits of my humble efforts in creating interesting crosses to grow. this particular thread will be dedicated to the 2 crosses i made recently from GreenHouse Cheese s1 crossed to Hortilabs SourAmnesia male.

i wanted to grow out a good number of each to really see what the genetics can produce, after getting thwarted last time i tried to do this i hope for better luck this time.

as i want to grow see of green style i planted 2 seeds in each cube, to up the chances of having enough females. i was very happy to see the seeds sprouting very reliably with a 99% sprouting average for both crosses.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

the CH is Cheese Haze, while the unmarked is what i'm gonna call Diesel Haze for now.

time to plant on the coco slabs

picture.php

picture.php

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
as you might see i was a bit careless and managed to get some thrips contamination. they have been treated since.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
here we have some shots i took today which is the 8th day since i put them on the coco. i will give them till tomorrow before i switch them to 12/12. it will be interesting to see how it goes, hope i don't get too many males.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Day 1 of 12/12

Hey BroughtSuperior, welcome to my little grow and tell, lol. lets hope every thing goes well, as long as i get a half way decent spacing of females the canopy will be full. but you can never tell, sometimes you get 10 males all close together leaving a hole in the canopy. but with the high plant numbers it should make up for it in the end. even if i have to slide the coco slabs around a bit.

anyway i wanted to add a few shots of the 3 of these ladies i already grew out and am smoking as we speak.

pheno2
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Old Soul

Veteran
Looking good. Love the coco slabs. Hope you get plenty of females and a full canopy. Interesting crosses, what do you think of the pheno's you have found so far?

BroughtSuperior

Veteran
mate i will lurk in any thread that ya make, you are one of my big references wen it comes to growing in coco, so count me in for the long run!!
PS: what strain is that on the post above Pheno 2??

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
U just can't go wrong w/ a g00d chEEze.... works every time.... may U'r holidaze be hazey...

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Looking good. Love the coco slabs. Hope you get plenty of females and a full canopy. Interesting crosses, what do you think of the pheno's you have found so far?

welcome Old Soul

the 3 Cheese x SA phenos i tested so far are extremely nice, smoking it the most at the moment, hard to say which of the three phenos is the best. it amazes me how easy it is to make good seeds if you start with good genetics. the afg d x SA has also produced some really nice Sour Diesely type phenos.

mate i will lurk in any thread that ya make, you are one of my big references wen it comes to growing in coco, so count me in for the long run!!
PS: what strain is that on the post above Pheno 2??

Greetz BroughtSuperior

that's a compliment indeed, thanks. but as you know growing in coco isn't all that complicated lol. yeah pheno 2 means of the cheese x sa i grew out before. with any luck i'll get more of this pheno this time round.

U just can't go wrong w/ a g00d chEEze.... works every time.... may U'r holidaze be hazey...

Hey yortbogey

nice of you to join in. seems to be true that a good cheese female can make good seeds from pretty much any male lol. if the ladies are all as good as the last 3, i'll be well pleased.

anyway, its day 7 of 12/12 today, here some pics...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
well its day 16 of 12/12 and i cut out 17 males yesterday. i'm sure there are more, just letting them go till i'm 100% sure. quite a few plants have shown female pistils, it's really messed up though, the females are tending to be in bunches, lol. i guess i should know better then using slabs when growing from seed. still i hope when all the males are culled i can slide the slabs around as needed to fill the space up. even though it's day 16 of 12/12 not all plants have shown sex due to the fact that they were put to 12/12 before they reaches sexual maturity. anyway, will take some pics in the next days. for now here is a dry shot of one of the 3 cheese x SA phenos i grew out last time.

picture.php

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
and the saga continues...

and the saga continues...

kinda forgot to take pics for a while. since i last updated i have gotten all the males, in the end their were 44 males out of 79 seedlings.

the plants have been looking quite hungry even though i gradually increased the ec to 1.8 running the ph at 5.7

i took some pics a few days ago at day 21 of 12/12, but lights on pics are never really nice so i took a few more on day 24 of 12/12 as you can see they are taking their time to begin flowering, this is due to switching to 12/12 at so early a stage. i had to move the slabs around a bit to try and spread the left over females around as good as possible. but it really isn't ideal to grow from seed in slabs, even with 2 plants per hole you still can't be sure there will be a female in every hole, lol.

AfghanDiesel x SourAmnesia side:
picture.php

picture.php

Cheese s1 x Sour Amnesia side:
picture.php

picture.php

Old Soul

Veteran
Those dried shots look great, good looking smoke. Looks like you did a good job of moving the slabs around to fill the space, can't wait to see some flowers on those ladies.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
and to get fully up dated...

and to get fully up dated...

Day 24 of 12/12 Lights off pics....

left side is the Afg.D.xSA and right the Cheese x SA side
picture.php

right side
picture.php

picture.php

left side
picture.php

picture.php

i'm guessing another 8 weeks for these ladies till they can fulfill their duty as stash box fillers.....time will tell.....maybe something to bring along to share at the 420 this year, i'm all but sure there will be some very worthy phenotypes in both crosses.

over and out for now.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Happy Xmas People

Happy Xmas People

Day 36 of 12/12

now i am starting to breathe easy, yield potential is starting to look decent. by moving the slabs a bit and bending a few tops here and there and the incredible stretching since i went to 12/12, they have really filled up the space well.

man i'm am looking forward to this harvest, my cheese haze stash is getting on the low side and my afg diesel haze is down to the last top, luckily i have a few other treats to keep me going lol. but i want to try and get some of this harvest to the 420 this year.

anyway here the pics from day 36 of 12/12

Cheese Haze side:
picture.php

middle
picture.php

picture.php

afghan diesel haze side
picture.php

picture.php

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
oh shit!

oh shit!

came home to find all my grow without power, it seems i have had another socket burn out. luckily it's a modern fitting and blows before it starts to melt. still i have had a funny feeling about one of my lamps from this set up, they are old self wired ballasts and one of them was running hotter then the other for a while now, both at the bulb and at the ballast. so i'm guessing this has caused the melt down. i will replace that lamp with a spare i have. the socket i replaced and the power is back on, just 1 lamp in the flowering space till i trade the hot running one.

anyway when i had to reach in there to get at the plugs i got such a massive potent wave of smell just overwhelming, man i'm so looking forward to these girls.

pic update coming in a few days...

Last edited:

Critter

Think for yourself, question authority
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow great stuff Mr.Gaius! Thx for showing your steps in growing out your cross, really helps me to plan how to do mine. I like that you went to flower early I have been hesitant to do so, after seeing yours i am no longer. I have been looking to get a cheeese what is your opinion of ghs's? Have you grown big buddhas, does it compare?

Im subd check ya later.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Howdy Critter,

nice of you to join me on this saga of bud...

to be honest i never grew big buddhas cheese, what i smoked in amsterdam which was said to be from his was good.

the cheese genetics from this cross come from greenhouse seeds, it's their exodus cheese s1 line. got some of these given a while back and when i grew them out i was really impressed by the results of the smoke. it was really close to the original exodus clone. so i'd say that line is a good bet for anyone looking for something as close to the cheese clone as possible.

the reason why these have stretched so much and even more since the last update is because of the haze influence inside the Sour Amnesia dad i used on the cheese s1. that and because they are vigorous as hell, lol. to think i was a bit worried at one point about filling up the space, hehe.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
shit, just missed the lights coming on, wanted to get some update pics just before the lights come on, it's quite amazing how big they have become. i'm also loving how hungry they are, have been feeding them real high ec levels and they still don't all get dark green, lol. in the stretch stage i was even giving ec 2.0 for a while. right now it's at 1.9 and i'll reduce it to 1.8 today with a bit of fresh water. now that they have done the stretch and made all the cola sites, it's just a matter of fattening up, so i can gradually reduce the ec normally speaking, but as i said these girls are hungry. before i got going i wasn't expecting to run these at more then 1.6

i'm guessing another 5 weeks or so till harvest, maybe longer, would be most interesting to compare the flowering time with the time it takes the same genes in clone form. the SourAmnesa Dad has certainly added some time to the cheese flowering time.

with any luck this harvest will be ready in perfect time to let it have a nice cure in time to be smoked with people at the 420.

Latest posts

Latest posts