What's new

What software exists?

GoSlow

Hi all, i am looking for what software people use to manage the grow. I know software is a broad definition but i am asking more generally. Reason i asking is that i am interested in creating a opensource project.

What software do you use and how does that help you?

What are you missing?

I have an older computer sitting around I was thinking about setting it up to run my little show, turning on and off lights changing the hours of darkness as flowering progresses turning pumps and fans off and on ect. Why buy a bunch of timers and need to change and adjust them manually ? I suppose you could even have the computer monitor ph and nutrient levels. Anybody out there using a computer to run their grow show ? if so what how did you manage to make it happen.

Weedninja

I have an older computer sitting around I was thinking about setting it up to run my little show, turning on and off lights changing the hours of darkness as flowering progresses turning pumps and fans off and on ect. Why buy a bunch of timers and need to change and adjust them manually ? I suppose you could even have the computer monitor ph and nutrient levels. Anybody out there using a computer to run their grow show ? if so what how did you manage to make it happen.

I don't have an automated system, but I know how to do it. The easiest way would be through a pc controlled power strip like this: http://www.amazon.com/PwrUSB-Basic-controlled-Automation-automatically-remotely/dp/B008AZW9P6

If you wanted to monitor pH, something like this would work: http://www.shelfscientific.com/cgi-bin/tame/lab/ph-meters/pc-201al.tam?lpt=1201743020

You could do the same thing with tds, ec, humidity, temp., etc..

Dakine

Veteran
I swear back in the OG days one of the members created a program. You would have a soil plant, enter in your nutes, and the plant would also get certain problems you would have to fix. But main page would show how many plants you got and would show there sizes

SocalNugz

There is not one piece of software on the face of the earth that will MANAGE your grow for you. A good grower manages his grow an makes notes. A good grower knows his plants and spends ridiculas amounts of time with them the notes are an after thought for reference.
Your idea is horrible for that reason alone, someone has to know how to grow that plant PERFECTLY first before you can set any parameters. I dont know many people these days who have mastered their trade thru years of work that are willing to just hand over their dialed recipes to be whored out in a program. Your asking us to give away what makes us our bread and butter and it STILL wont work because things change, growing is change, you cannot program for bugs or for mold or any of the other lil bumps in the road you experience that you MUST be involved EVERYDAY with your plants to catch.

Picarus

guys, software does not manage your grow, but in a seed to sale system you need software to manage reporting for oversight. MMJfreeway and Biotrack are two that I have demoed. Leaning towards the latter.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Evernote. I can take notes, pictures, insert tables, etc. I even made a calendar template to track progress. I use Evernote for work and other projects, it's a very powerful tool.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I've never found myself wishing I had software to manage things for me, probably because I'm small time, but if I did, I would want it to:

• Automatically control A/C or fans based on real time temperature
  • Monitor pH in real time and automatically make adjustments using peristaltic pumps
  • Monitor EC in real time and add nutes using more peristaltic pumps
  • Provide logs of real time pH and EC data, per hour, for better understanding of strains' needs and desires
  • Control and monitor security systems such as motion sensors and cctv camera
  • Have corresponding mobile app for remote observation

That's just off the top of my head.

corky1968

Veteran
I use Windows notepad to write down what I do so I can look back at it and see what I did later on.