What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pure Power Plant (PPP) 600 Watt grow Help?

snorkel

Hi, Only just made an account been looking on here for a while,

Cut down to the chase.

Tent : 1.2m x 1.2m x 2m
Light - 600 watt
Strain - PPP Na
VEG Time : 1 month from seed.
Flower Aprox 8 weeks.

So the carbon filter we have is a 5" with a fan 5" Will this be enuf to cover the smell, Also will have 4" fan at the bottom getting fresh air in, (Will this be good enuf?)

Few more questions.

1. Would you advise me to get a Air cooled hood at only 600 watt?
2. Do you think 6 plants would fit in our tent fine?
3. We aim for about 0.5g - 0.58g per a watt, Would this be a good target?

Also what is the best nutes around at the moment? We are thinking about Fox farm etc,

Our plants will be in soil in 6.5liter pots, We would love to hit 2 ounce per a plant with a VEG time of 1 month and 8 week flower.

Do you think this is doable?

Thank you in advance for any replys. :huggg:

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
9 would be better in this space mate, if you only have 6 then I would advise a bit more vegging (maybe 2 weeks) to help fill up the area..I have the same size tent (1.2m2) and put 9 x 11 liter pots in there (in coco) ... sometimes 12 if it's a skinny strain that doesnt have much leaf... I find 9 is optimal though.. thing is as a coco grower I can't really adivse the best pot sizes for your soil mix... maybe 6.5 is enough..so best wait for some other folk to weigh in their opinions :)

air cooled hoods and the need for them is something you'll find out about in the summer months.. I didnt have one for years but recently got some cool tubes for the summer months and theyre very helpful.. I can run my tent at 2 deg C below ambient (which can be as high as 31-32c in the summer here... previously I used to stop for the summer as it was just too warm in my area..

good luck :)

EDIT: I found the PP that I've run in the past wasn't all that smelly.. however when you decide to start growing other strains, you might need to re-address your air/filter set up...

snorkel

9 would be better in this space mate, if you only have 6 then I would advise a bit more vegging (maybe 2 weeks) to help fill up the area..I have the same size tent (1.2m2) and put 9 x 11 liter pots in there (in coco) ... sometimes 12 if it's a skinny strain that doesnt have much leaf... I find 9 is optimal though.. thing is as a coco grower I can't really adivse the best pot sizes for your soil mix... maybe 6.5 is enough..so best wait for some other folk to weigh in their opinions :)

air cooled hoods and the need for them is something you'll find out about in the summer months.. I didnt have one for years but recently got some cool tubes for the summer months and theyre very helpful.. I can run my tent at 2 deg C below ambient (which can be as high as 31-32c in the summer here... previously I used to stop for the summer as it was just too warm in my area..

good luck :)

EDIT: I found the PP that I've run in the past wasn't all that smelly.. however when you decide to start growing other strains, you might need to re-address your air/filter set up...

Ok, 9 Plants will this yield me more or less as to say have 6 plants and 2 weeks more veg?

I'm trying to hit the 2 ounce per a plant mark hopefully, Do you think this is doable ?

Thanks for the reply.

JamieShoes

Veteran
really the number of plants is only relevant in terms of how well the area is filled, for example, the thread that first inspired me to grow was one plant in a scrog that yielded 450g (yup, crazy right?) the veg time would have been enormous for that so as I say it's all relative..

for me 9 plants with 4 weeks veg is perfect and if for some reason I only had 6 I would veg them the extra 2 weeks (in my mind somehwere there is some math thing about adding 1 third in time to 2 thirds in plants to even out.. or something lol) so really you need to see how the canopy looks as a whole before you decide to flip (to 12/12). But to answer your question, it should yield the same amount.

I find PP stretches around 25-30% so bare that in mind in terms of vertical growth and ensuring you have enough space to keep your lamps at the right distance etc, so in your tent you dont want them much more than 2 foot tall when you flip or you might run out of space... just under might be a better idea (around 22 inches)... again this all depends on the canopy, if you've topped a lot early on you might have bushier, less tall plants..

As for yield, if you get the veg right and flip around 20+ inches, I would expect a yield of 35-55g in soil, based on my own experiance, other guys do a lot more though with practice and expertise - thats why I use coco and now yield 50-75g per plant, I've some beasts at well over a 100g too, in scrogs I've had plants do 120+ with 6 weeks veg.. many other factors can affect your output though, heat, air movement, genetics, techniques (pinching, scrogging, supercropping, lolly popping and all that good stuff) so for every grower the yield will differ... all of that said, I don't you're aiming too high :)

snorkel

really the number of plants is only relevant in terms of how well the area is filled, for example, the thread that first inspired me to grow was one plant in a scrog that yielded 450g (yup, crazy right?) the veg time would have been enormous for that so as I say it's all relative..

for me 9 plants with 4 weeks veg is perfect and if for some reason I only had 6 I would veg them the extra 2 weeks (in my mind somehwere there is some math thing about adding 1 third in time to 2 thirds in plants to even out.. or something lol) so really you need to see how the canopy looks as a whole before you decide to flip (to 12/12). But to answer your question, it should yield the same amount.

I find PP stretches around 25-30% so bare that in mind in terms of vertical growth and ensuring you have enough space to keep your lamps at the right distance etc, so in your tent you dont want them much more than 2 foot tall when you flip or you might run out of space... just under might be a better idea (around 22 inches)... again this all depends on the canopy, if you've topped a lot early on you might have bushier, less tall plants..

As for yield, if you get the veg right and flip around 20+ inches, I would expect a yield of 35-55g in soil, based on my own experiance, other guys do a lot more though with practice and expertise - thats why I use coco and now yield 50-75g per plant, I've some beasts at well over a 100g too, in scrogs I've had plants do 120+ with 6 weeks veg.. many other factors can affect your output though, heat, air movement, genetics, techniques (pinching, scrogging, supercropping, lolly popping and all that good stuff) so for every grower the yield will differ... all of that said, I don't you're aiming too high :)

Thanks dude!

Nice to see some reply who has grown PPP before and knows a bit, I'm going to FIM it rather than Topping, I would scrog but just want to get at least a couple of grow's under my belt before i start all that.

Is FIMing any good, Or do you suggest topping instead?

For yield, It doesn't really matter as long as I have some nice smoke.

JamieShoes

Veteran
I also FIM but in a very unscientific way (some folks use a blade to cut the cresent shape) I just top using my thumbnail and often I hit the FIM tho, sometimes, ironically I miss the FIM and just top instead lol :)

EDIT: yes, FIMming does work, I often end up with 3,4 or 5 main colas

snorkel

I also FIM but in a very unscientific way (some folks use a blade to cut the cresent shape) I just top using my thumbnail and often I hit the FIM tho, sometimes, ironically I miss the FIM and just top instead lol :)

EDIT: yes, FIMming does work, I often end up with 3,4 or 5 main colas

Thanks mate,

In your personal experience did you get more yield with topping or FIMing, I've been looking both up but there all mixed review's.

JamieShoes

Veteran
I found the actual yield very similar but 4 smaller colas are easier to manage than 2 bigger ones in terms of keeping them healthy (they can rot when too big and swollen) ...

snorkel

I found the actual yield very similar but 4 smaller colas are easier to manage than 2 bigger ones in terms of keeping them healthy (they can rot when too big and swollen) ...

Nice one mate, Thanks for all your input had helped me out loads, I will do FIMing with this first grow see how i get on.

If you can afford an air cooled hood I would suggest getting one because a 600 watter can get pretty hot inside a tent. Better yet, if you can afford an LED you would yield great, you would not have to worry about the tent getting hot, and you would not have to water as often. If you need a link to a really efficient yet affordable LED then PM me and I can help you out :)