What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Baby Steps? Naaahhhh

MaryJanesMusic

Hey there fellow cannabists,

I'm a Chem E kid fresh outa school on my first job in the cannabis industry, working in SFE. I want to broaded my horizon of knowledge for the upstream segment of the process, being pretreatment and extraction, more from the standpoint of vertical integration for the outcome of economic gains and providing feedstock cannabis for the purposes of extraction oils. I am an insanely quick learner and very resourceful... I've been known for biting off much more than I can chew and succeeding. Therefore I know it may be a stupid idea and you may be completely against the notion, but I would appreciate you to look at this open-mindedly and play a part in a big engineering venture. So here it goes:

I want to combine the highest throughput method for producing mass-volume of cannabis in as small a space as possible and as energy efficient as possible. I know this sounds like a ridiculous claim and essentially the general outcome of any grower who wishes to grow smart. But I really need to take this to a new level and provide some good R&D on the highest throughput method for growing cannabis. Therefore, here's my thoughts:

Combining a vertical grow system, so ~140 plants with only 2-3 week veg period, with aeroponics. I have the funding to afford a high pressure pump for create a micron grade nutrient mist. Then lighting the system with a combination of ~1200 W of both CFL and MH to give the widest wavelength band to the plants with as minimal energy as possible, with wasted heat energy kept in mind in the design. How can we brainstorm some ideas for creating as of a space, energy, and gram-yield efficiency as possible, negating cost and experience level as factors in the design considerations.

THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP AND IDEAS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE!!!! I am new to the community and hope to make an impression as we brainstorm some possibly breakthrough or novel ideas for optimizing consumption rates versus throughput rate. Lets have fun with this!!

waveguide

Veteran
i'd say the most efficient way would be, smoke some weed, set yourself down, then take the final step, which is deciding society where weed is illegal and artificial production must be maximised is an exercise in destruction that would only be practiced by someone living in an insane society.

settle down, grow some weed, like in a bucket or some shit, just like smoke a bit of it, and be cool.

then you won't need to buy a million lights and shit, use energy for a few years, then chuck it all on a giant pile of refuse like the deposed bioenergy life units consumed by human madness and accruing karma, horrible horrible karma, when fuck you could have just grown a bit of weed in a bucket.

you see, that's what weed is, realising that the paradigm your problems are posed by is totally bogus. then, levitating up out of that bogus paradigm. you flying, they still on teh ground bro. it's the gentle gift of the plant, and you can chuck it all away and be a "cannabis exceller" if you totally want to help steamroll cannabis awareness into the ground in favour of liek american commercial maximisation awareness.

fuck i'd rather just get high some. you don't got to get the most high a universe can ever get, every time you get high.

hi!

i type some

it's because, i'm waiting for a moment to smoke covertly.

achiever, read the tao te ching, just in case the mode of achievement serves another master

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
i'd say the most efficient way would be, smoke some weed, set yourself down, then take the final step, which is deciding society where weed is illegal and artificial production must be maximised is an exercise in destruction that would only be practiced by someone living in an insane society.

settle down, grow some weed, like in a bucket or some shit, just like smoke a bit of it, and be cool.

then you won't need to buy a million lights and shit, use energy for a few years, then chuck it all on a giant pile of refuse like the deposed bioenergy life units consumed by human madness and accruing karma, horrible horrible karma, when fuck you could have just grown a bit of weed in a bucket.

you see, that's what weed is, realising that the paradigm your problems are posed by is totally bogus. then, levitating up out of that bogus paradigm. you flying, they still on teh ground bro. it's the gentle gift of the plant, and you can chuck it all away and be a "cannabis exceller" if you totally want to help steamroll cannabis awareness into the ground in favour of liek american commercial maximisation awareness.

fuck i'd rather just get high some. you don't got to get the most high a universe can ever get, every time you get high.

hi!

i type some

it's because, i'm waiting for a moment to smoke covertly.

achiever, read the tao te ching, just in case the mode of achievement serves another master

couldnt have said it better myself:woohoo:

Granger2

Veteran
Waveguide,
Heh-Heh. I'm with Boyd on this. I couldn't have said it better myself. Not sure I would have thought to say it at all. Had to read it twice to conclude that, but I'm ready for the next installment. Thanks. -granger
Oh and I would say, "Baby steps? Yeahhhh."

onavelzy

Veteran
Hey there fellow cannabists,

I'm a Chem E kid fresh outa school on my first job in the cannabis industry, working in SFE. I want to broaded my horizon of knowledge for the upstream segment of the process, being pretreatment and extraction, more from the standpoint of vertical integration for the outcome of economic gains and providing feedstock cannabis for the purposes of extraction oils. I am an insanely quick learner and very resourceful... I've been known for biting off much more than I can chew and succeeding. Therefore I know it may be a stupid idea and you may be completely against the notion, but I would appreciate you to look at this open-mindedly and play a part in a big engineering venture. So here it goes:

I want to combine the highest throughput method for producing mass-volume of cannabis in as small a space as possible and as energy efficient as possible. I know this sounds like a ridiculous claim and essentially the general outcome of any grower who wishes to grow smart. But I really need to take this to a new level and provide some good R&D on the highest throughput method for growing cannabis. Therefore, here's my thoughts:

Combining a vertical grow system, so ~140 plants with only 2-3 week veg period, with aeroponics. I have the funding to afford a high pressure pump for create a micron grade nutrient mist. Then lighting the system with a combination of ~1200 W of both CFL and MH to give the widest wavelength band to the plants with as minimal energy as possible, with wasted heat energy kept in mind in the design. How can we brainstorm some ideas for creating as of a space, energy, and gram-yield efficiency as possible, negating cost and experience level as factors in the design considerations.

THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP AND IDEAS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE!!!! I am new to the community and hope to make an impression as we brainstorm some possibly breakthrough or novel ideas for optimizing consumption rates versus throughput rate. Lets have fun with this!!

I'm glad they could give you an answer cause i'm not clear what it is you're asking. upstream optimizing vertical intergration with feed stock cannabis and CFL's. WTF?

i think the gist of it is you want folks to tell you ways of using the most high tech grow techniques to get the maximum yield in the minimum space with the least energy use and costing the least. Is that close?

So sounds like you got the answer: learn how to grow first. As you are learning by growing, keep reading and learning from what does and doesn't work for others.

that said, I think most folks are very willing to help you develop techniques for optimizing their consumption rates