What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Not New, but new setup. Questions inside

Hey guys, so I've been growing for about 2 years now. I started with soil in a 3x3 tent with a 600w hps.. everything was cheap.. but it worked. I dabbled into hydro a little bit with a drip system when I started up a small veg tent. I love it. I'm now expanding my flower room to a 4x8 tent with 2 1kw lights and a 12 site oxygen pot system.

Obviously I'm making a huge upgrade. but I have a couple questions before I decide to pull the trigger on a new setup.

The new setup will be

Solis-Tek 1000w Ballasts
Gorilla 4x8
Radiant 6" Hoods
Yield Lab Oxygen Pot 12 site
(2) 6" inline fans and (2) duct boosters

My questions are

(This setup will be in an unfinished part of a basement.)

1.) Is this sufficient to keep the lights cooled properly? (The lights will have a dedicated inline fan venting the air directly from the room with a duct booster fan between the 2 hoods.)

2.) Is a chiller 100% necessary for my 55g reservoir?

3.) If AC is required, will a Portable 8000BTU be efficient enough to cool things down? (I've read mixed reviews about portables so i'd like to hear about this.)

I have a pretty decent budget for this. So any tips or knowledge is appreciated. I've never ran anything as big as this will be and I don't want to mess this up. Thanks guys!

Dready_jake

Regarding pretty much onlynumber one. What size inlines and glass sealed hoods?

Depending on that it should be able to do it.

Dready_jake

Haha ya I know YouTube LEDs vs HP's and you'll see a room of fewer 1200watt led beat out equally wattage 1000watters. They've definitely caught up now if only that price would go down like they said lmfao

Dready_jake

I'm pretty sure that'll do. If ventilated well enough and far from the rooms intake you shouldn't have too much heat build up from the hps. If that's the case minimal cooling should be needed but I have no idea where you live. If Arizona or fl youll definately need some cooling