What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to flush/feed to Correct for pH problem

Long story short, I was using nutrients that the manufacturer claimed didn't need to be pH adjusted. About 42 days from seed in veg. Been feeding in coco at pH 6.3 around 800ppm per vegamatrix feeding schedule. The plants are in pots that are a little large for the medium to dry out between feedings. My mistake. I feel need to flush them and feed at 5.8. They are due for a feeding. I don't know if I should flush them with R/O water and the enzymatic complex I've been using then immediately feed them or flush and wait till they need a feeding again and then start back with nutrients. Should I start back with half strength or give them full strength? . I have all kinds of weird symptoms. New yellow growth, rust colored spots on fan leaves.

al70

Veteran
Sounds llke lockout, just flush with plain ph'd water, no nutes and let dry out a little,see if that helps, goodluck

RoostaPhish

Veteran
The 6.3 range is completely acceptable for coco. I have had my best results in coco at 6.2. You can flush with a very mild nutrient solution, or plain water, either need to be ph adjusted. Allow to dry a little, not to much though, important to not let your coco dry to far. Then begin your regiment, lower strength at first, and work your way up from there. I am tired of these companies using blanket statements like "ph adjustment not necessary". With some water sources yes this is true, but definitely not with all, especially soft or RO water. Most of the time with soft or RO water these nutes bottom out the ph to the 4-5 range, way to low, actually kills the ph sensitive microbes that you need for the fertilizers to work affectively. Hope this helps at all, PEACE

Thank you. My previous grows I've always been at 5.8. Mind you there aren't many and they haven't been perfect, but I'm definitely thinking they're too high this time. Growth looked wonderful at first and I mean just beautiful! Then after being in the bigger pots, I think the pH got too high. The new growth was increasingly yellow and thin and gnarled, and there are some holes in the leaves and weird rust colored spots. Thanks for the help.

You should always flush with plain ro water cuz you don't want to add more buildup ... Let's flush with nutes that will clear everything out , doesn't sound to good right lol? So plain ro, followed immediately by a regular feed ph'd correctly. If it is lockout not having the nutes it needs when you fix the ph isn't going to help you.

But in all honesty begging plants don't really need ph'd as much so if you see no issues don't sweat it just start doing the regular ph feed and it will adjust. I just would make sur everything's right before you flip.

I allowed the plants to dry, flushed with RO and enzymes at 5.8, then allowed them to dry out again. The root mass exploded, filled the pot up to the surface of the top soil. Now we're cookin! It was a lengthy process, and myriad deficiencies showed up. But when I began feeding at half strength after allowing them to dry from the flush, growth began again and the new growth is green and vibrant. Lost a couple weeks and a few leaves, but they're back on track. I've been feeding them at full strength with the vegamatrix for a couple weeks now, about to feed again today. They're almost ready to flip, just as soon as I get my veg tent all set up. Till then it's topping and training like mad to keep this vigorous canopy ready for SCROG.

From now on, my feeding schedule will be four feedings at full strength with a different microbial innoculant each time (OG Veganic Special Sauce, OG Root Web Star, OG Pure) then a watering, then back to the feeding. That will keep things varied, and the medium healthy and free of too much salt buildup.

how are you keeping your ph in check? have you seen this issue return? I had this issue and it keeps wanting to return. ph just wants to keep climbing...

Latest posts

Latest posts