What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A5 x Malawi Fems

Cantharellus

A5M5 37 days. This one I just took a clone from. It was weak from the start and I was gonna pass it by but It is looking like a longer flowering haze type as Sammy stated.

Attachments

• IMG_1171.JPG
    IMG_1171.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1172.JPG
    IMG_1172.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 17

Cantharellus

Hello S been super busy and haven't put the attention to these that I would like but at this point I think I am far enough along to give my impressions on the indoor side of things.

All 5 have now finished and are in jars. I had multiple power outages and some high temps and these only tossed a couple of bananas on 2 out of 5 so I thought that was pretty good. I have tried 4 out of 5 and only number 4 had a hint of the haze. It is also the best as far as high goes. I expect number 5 to have the most haze flavor. They all finished rather quick at around 90 days and the buds ranged from fairly tight #3 to calyxes on a stick #1. Unfortunately it appears the malawi is dominant in this one. Numbers will have to be ran to find something haze like IMO. I still have hope for #5 . The cross needs to be the opposite but that cat hasn't been let out the bag yet I guess. In a fem version of anything virtually every plant should be a keeper IMO. I didn't find that to be the case here but if someone ran 15 or 20 of these I would think a brain blaster would pop out. In todays world you can get away with loose bud but the terps have to be there and while the Malawi is a good looking plant and has some power, the flavor leaves much to be desired IMO and 3 out of 5 have it. I have pictures of the plants at harvest and will take some bud shots and post them up. I am just going to make some dry sift when its -30 this winter and I think that is going to be a pretty good ride and am looking forward to it. I am going to runs some of the nevils soon and will post them up.

Yo Sammy

Veteran
I agree with you 100% about the terps in malawi dom phenos. I am curious about what you will find in the NevHz/Malawi cross.
Ive just tried 2 pheno’s of the A5/Malawi cross myself, 1 very Malawi dom, richer in trichomes and very long lasting stoney effect but a bit dull tbh
The other was completely different, very Haze dom so richer terps and very potent giving a pleasant high, trippy twist to it but more friendly compared to straight up A5.
Thanks for yr feedback, very much appreciated!
Cheers

Last edited: