What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Post Your Pearly Whites!

gr866

Veteran
About 19 days from seed, pure coco, would have waited longer but needed to get them transplanted as I will be leaving next week for about 10 days. But all 5 plants are doing well.

This was the second best rooting system, but I planted the best one before I decided to get a pic.

GR

GastroGrower

Roots from a male stardawg hybrid.
picture.php

justiceman

Veteran
I am loving the root shots everyone! This is so awesome!
:woohoo:

I don't have any shots right now but I'll be sure to post em up when I do.

What is in your water justiceman its like super water!
I wanna try your method but im worried sometimes my pots are still heavy after 3 days of just being watered.

Have you done this method with flood drain / ebb and flow or is this strictly hand watering from the top?
I don't have any super water haha! You just have to give it a shot some time and see if it works for you.

Think of it this way. If your pots are heavy after 3 days would you rather have thee medium become stagnant or constantly replacing the air in the medium during that time by feeding every day?

I've only been doing hand water, but I don't see why the thought wouldn't work with other methods of delivery.

justiceman

Veteran
Got a couple more root shots after I remembered to pull my flora flex caps. I might have to try covering my coco to see if I can get the whole top area rooted up like this.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I noticed if I left a bit of space in the pot and covered the soil with lava rocks, after the grow the roots would be like that at the surface. But I'm with them, there something in your water man, them roots is amazingly white and healthy!

justiceman

Veteran
I noticed if I left a bit of space in the pot and covered the soil with lava rocks, after the grow the roots would be like that at the surface. But I'm with them, there something in your water man, them roots is amazingly white and healthy!
:laughing: Right on hahaha I swear it's nothing special!

Hi, I've been reading for a while and I'm impressed by the roots you take, what microorganisms do you use and how do you administer them? Thanks in advance.
Thank you. I've occasionally used +Life(powder) from Hydropnic Research but I don't really attribute the roots to that product to be honest as I've gotten good roots without it too. On the latest run I really only used it a few times during veg and then I stopped because it was raising my rez pH faster than I wanted.

It's more about sound watering practices in my opinion.I did write a little coco roots tutorial that may provide some insight. Here's a link to it below.

Coco Root Health Tutorial

Miguel83

:laughing: Right on hahaha I swear it's nothing special!

Thank you. I've occasionally used +Life(powder) from Hydropnic Research but I don't really attribute the roots to that product to be honest as I've gotten good roots without it too. On the latest run I really only used it a few times during veg and then I stopped because it was raising my rez pH faster than I wanted.

It's more about sound watering practices in my opinion.I did write a little coco roots tutorial that may provide some insight. Here's a link to it below.

Coco Root Health Tutorial

Thank you very much, I read all your posts and they are very good, but I had the doubt if you had any other method, I am Spanish and thanks to the Google translator I am learning a lot with you, top level teachers.

gr866

Veteran
Two of the 5 Pheno's of Big Buddha Cheese.

Day prior to transplant.

Transplanted on 9/10

Three day after transplant and about to get their second watering in the new 3 gallon smart pots.