What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening guys! hope everyone is on time with the new daylight savings
i actually dont mind that much because i get up super early on my own, but yesterday it felt like i was out of step
luckily i pretty much make my own schedule now so an hour here or there wont matter one way or the other
i still think we need to stop messing with the clocks and just stick with standard time

that sounds like good compost p'fan, thick and heavy is good but we still want good drainage
are you gardening in the yard or raised beds?
if you mix it in to the local soil it should thin out a bit, or you can add amendments to loosen things up
/just like we do indoors
that sounds like dank pineapple! overripe and rotten is just the way it should taste
how many plants of that are you growing out?

great looking garden rhode! are they all about the same age
looks like you have them trained up and ready to hit flower stage

Rodehazrd

POP

The Vicie there on left is A clone the three strains on the right are my freebies started together. Still have alien rock candy in the wings

Fiddynut

Greetings friends!
Happy Monday!
I hope y'all had a great weekend. Mine went so quick I can barley remember what I did. I did manage to make some country style ribs and a vinegar based bbq sauce. It is really thin and tart and is more like a seasoning than a sauce. I've heard it said that in some Asian cuisine that use soy sauce like they wold use table salt in American food. That is how I'd describe the best use for the sauce I made, its spicy and salty with some nice acid to brighten the food up. That was a nice adventure and ill continue to refine it as I use it and make more.

pop_rocks. I've definitely got some soil turning to do. The spot we are going to be planting has just been an overgrown bed of grass the last few years. I think I'm going to take the top coup!e inches off with a spade and get rid of that since its going to be like sod anyway, then I can start turning like you mention pop. There shouldn't be many rocks to worry about but ill toss any I find. Then I can work in some manure and some blood and bone meal.
The sauce turned out great for a first try and ill continue to tweak it as I work with it. Im looking forward to seeing how it goes with pulled pork, I think its going to be a great sauce for that.
In sorry to hear that you are back in the dog house with your ex. Maybe you are right to step back for a bit and see what happens. Some of the best relationship advise I ever got was when a buddy told me that if its not ment to be you can't make it work by forcing it and it is ment to be there's not much you can do to stop it.
I hope you had a good weekend and your week is off and rolling. Im definitely going to enjoy the extra sunlight in the evenings and I hope.we dont have to ever change the clocks again!

@packerfan. This year was all about getting back on the board and finding a set up I can ride comfortably and getting some practice and confidence in my riding. Usually the resorts up north are open till the end of April but not this year because they just didn't get the snow. Now that I know I'm ready I have next winter to look forward to and ill be going out west for sure. That said I'm ready for spring mountain biking and summer boating season so let the snow melt and lets get on with it.
I think your right about this pandemic being just about over. Cases are way down everywhere and I'm hearing we are going to have an abundance of vaccine for those who want it. I sure hope so I'm sick of not having a lot more live music to choose from. Weather the powers that be will just let us get back to normal is something else altogether. It seems some of them really enjoy telling us where we can go and with who and what not.

Rodehazrd. Your garden is looking great! My timing got a bit off on taking clones for this next run so I had a few weeks with nothing in flower. It seems like sometimes my clones take longer to root but especially longer to grow once I put the clones in pots. It might be because my temps in the jungle are lower in early spring. Plus I'm running new genetics this time. I hope that cold spell we had wasn't too bad down by you, it was 3 weeks of cold for most of February for us and I heard that it even got below freezing in coastal Alabama. Stay warm brother!

​​​​

Rodehazrd

Here in the hills of Kentucky we really only had 3 weeks of winter. I didn’t fire my propane burner till mid January even then I kept it in the 40-60 degree range. The girls just seemed to pause and get more dense and oily. I’m breaking up some big marbles but they taste and smell mighty good.
popping seeds again is a nice break from the slower clones
that f1 vigor makes it hard to be patient with clones unless they’re special.
I got new Pineapple Express #3 going for Gilda’s Club this summer and they might like widow or purple critical, the wedding cake is for my daughter she liked it .
you mentioned those tubs I ordered polystyrene sanitary tees for cheap and got a box of net pots. I’ll post a pic when I make them up. I like to have them sit a month after filling so all those biota and fungi can work.
wash a lot and wear a mask guys

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening brothers, hope everyone is enjoying their extra hour of light at the end of the day
that great that your area is getting back to normal
here in san diego, we are still in the purple tier, the worst tier for covid cases
i have my own thoughts about why we are way behind the rest of california, which i hear i was behind the rest of the country

cutting off that top layer of soil might be a good idea fiddy, its not hard to cut sod and if you have a place that needs it you could put the grass somewhere else in the yeard
/otherwise i would just wash it off to get the soil off and chuck it
if you do big down like that, it might be a good idea to instal a boarder to prevent the grass from growing back into your garden, a simple job with stakes and a border board
if you have any used soil from indoors that would be a great place to dump it too
that vinegar sauce sounds dank, spicy and salty is great with meat
iu used to pour a few cups of apple cider vinegar into my pulled pork for the flavor and this sounds next level

you are growing a pineapple strain out too rhode?!
man, i need to get tropical; it seems all the cool kids are doing it
what is gildas club?
i dident know you were down in ky? for some reason i thought you lived in co
we all have our own piece of heaven no matter where we live

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
I guess winter isn't going away without a little bit of a fight here. We got a couple inches of snow yesterday and overnight and its pretty chilly outside today. Its more of a nuisance than anything. Not enough snow to help with the snow sport conditions like snowboarding and moisture that will help keep the disc go!f course muddy and the mountain bike trails closed for the same reason. Oh well it looks like its back to temps in the 50's this weekend so maybe just a minor setback.

Rodehazrd. Im glad you had a nice mild winter. We were having a really mild December and January by our standards. We got a good amount of snow but mostly temps close to 30 so it was pleasant for outdoor activities. Then February started with one of those arctic air blasts that lasted about 3 weeks. Not the coldest temps ever but still pretty cold for 3 straight weeks which is the longest cold snap that I can remember. Im so glad to be through with that.
Im glad that your winter harvest was a good one!
I know what you mean about seedlings having that vigor once they take off they are so much fun to watch. I mostly have to work with clones because of my setup but I pop seeds to get new genetics in the garden ad use the seed plants as moms.
Your tubs came up in discussion about doing some veggies in a garden this year. I know I mention it every year but this year the wife and I are making it happen. I've got some room to put some stuff in the ground but I might try a tub or two to expand capacity a little.
Im glad that all is well in your neck of the woods brother!

​​​​​​@pop_rocks. Form what I'm hearing it sounds like even where your at things are going to start to get a lot better soon. They are saying we should be "swimming" in vaccine soon and as soon as everyone is eligible things should improve quickly. We are running a 7 day average of just over 400 cases a day here so that's really low but just a few months ago we were one of the hottest spots in the country. Slowly we work our way back to normal.
Im definitely going to have to take a coup!e inches of sod off the top. Your right that putting in a border is a great idea. This garden borders out yard and we know how grass likes to creep back in. And it will be great to have a place to recycle the soil from my indoor garden when I'm done with it. Right now I just dump it in the back of the yard.
A little apple cider vinegar sounds great for pulled pork. A little acid always brightens things up. The sauce is a couple cups of ACV, about 1\2 cup ketchup, a tablespoon brown sugar, some salt and black pepper, and as much hot sauce as your taste prefers. I got a beef brisket last week that I'm probably going to cook this weekend and I might even try a little of the sauce on it. I don't normally use sauce on brisket but this is so thin and I think it will go nicely. Im looking forward to trying it on chicken too!
Have a great day and a happy St. Patty's day tomorrow!

​​​
​​​​​​

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
toora loora loora friends!
hope you are all having a great st paddies day

we will see if things get better here
even if we are swimming in vaccines, there is a strong push back from a lot of people in the communities not wanting to trust the cure
in addition we have mexico with a huge influx of children and other undocumented (illegal) people waiting at the boarder,just waiting to crash the party
i think they are relaxing the guidlines tomorrow to get the ball rolling, but they are just moving the goal posts
/i dont have number for new covid cases/ deaths but they are wll above national averages in san diego county
luckily, my mom just ogt her vaccine for the covid ( the phizer one0 so i am not that worried about getting sick like i once was
how long are you cooking the sauce for? (at a cartain temp the sugars start to change) but i think they add thickeners to store bought sauce so im sure your is a lot thinner unless you are cooking to soft crack temps (for the sugars)
im going to have to get some pics of the backyard garden ive been working on, a few of teh seeds havent sprouted yet, but you can get the idea of what going on
expect some more cold air coming your way fiddy
like p'fan said, we just had a serious cold snap roll through the west coast and it might make it your way
cold temps plus strong winds, plus some rain
hope you are having a great day my ma and have a very GREEN st patricks day!

Rodehazrd

Hello Folks
Today I’m 14 days from my second jab of Moderna. It made me feel a little puny far a day or two with the second shot but not really sick. One friend had heartburn so bad she thought she was having a heart attack but found out it’s a common symptom. I hope more people get the shot soon but the Former Guy spread so much BS his followers are hesitant to get it. He and his family got shots early in January in secret but he won’t do a public service announcement for whatever reason.
@ pop Gildas club is a cancer support group. Gilda Radner is the namesake. My friend who had breast cancer was in there for many years. And I will be in ORANGE mostly to bug the Catholics. I got a nice bright hoodie from Downs Syndrome of Louisville which we support.
@ Fiddy
that vinegar sauce recipe sounds perfect. I was raised on the other side of the mountains and they never offered anything else for bbq pork.
what’s the soil like up there? Is it black like Michigan has?
@ packer fan.
which pineapple do you have? I got #3 from G13. I never feed anything heavy, last year I hit it at 1.1EC and never saw a burnt tip I try for a 2-4-2 ratio in veg and in flower I went up to 1.7 by adding more mkp for most of September. I ran it outside so I never used any fish hydro for fear of critters. She did get mites but a couple weeks of green clean fixed it up. You doin Bangi?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
thanks for mentioning this group rhode! i am a huge fan of gilda radner and think its great that you are active supporting survivors groups
that sounds like a cool hoddie you have man, im not really religious but love to wear orange (color for dont shoot me)
you are good people rode

packerfan79

Veteran
Hello Folks
Today I’m 14 days from my second jab of Moderna. It made me feel a little puny far a day or two with the second shot but not really sick. One friend had heartburn so bad she thought she was having a heart attack but found out it’s a common symptom. I hope more people get the shot soon but the Former Guy spread so much BS his followers are hesitant to get it. He and his family got shots early in January in secret but he won’t do a public service announcement for whatever reason.
@ pop Gildas club is a cancer support group. Gilda Radner is the namesake. My friend who had breast cancer was in there for many years. And I will be in ORANGE mostly to bug the Catholics. I got a nice bright hoodie from Downs Syndrome of Louisville which we support.
@ Fiddy
that vinegar sauce recipe sounds perfect. I was raised on the other side of the mountains and they never offered anything else for bbq pork.
what’s the soil like up there? Is it black like Michigan has?
@ packer fan.
which pineapple do you have? I got #3 from G13. I never feed anything heavy, last year I hit it at 1.1EC and never saw a burnt tip I try for a 2-4-2 ratio in veg and in flower I went up to 1.7 by adding more mkp for most of September. I ran it outside so I never used any fish hydro for fear of critters. She did get mites but a couple weeks of green clean fixed it up. You doin Bangi?

Hey Rodehazrd,

I got the pineapple from a friend who works at a legal grow operation. I don't know what the origin of it is. It's very good, had to buy a big bag to test the customers opinions. So far so good. its finicky, I got a little tip burn already, hopefully I can keep her happy. I never got a chance to get an banghi. I am severely limited in space, so, seed runs are rare for me.

Hope your garden goes well for you.

Rodehazrd

I’m no Catholic so I don’t go green for St Patrick. If they have a St Francis day I’ll wear brown

Attachments

• photo2029405.jpg
    photo2029405.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 19

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
I hope everyone had a great st. Pat's day yesterday. I took my mom out for a couple of beers and some corned beef lunch. I hadn't seen her since just after the new year so we were due to get together. We went to a bar that had a tent set up in the parking lot and had live Irish folk music and even some of those Irish dancing girls. The dancing g girls are all so cute with their matching outfits and the bushel baskets of curly hair that they all have. On my way home I stopped at a farm to table butcher shop and got some heirloom pork which I will be cooking up tonight. My bro and I went to a few local bars in the evening and probably drank a little bit too much but were pretty well behaved. Im feeling a little slow today but not too bad.

pop_rocks. Your right that there are plenty of complications in getting people vacations where your at. I hope that they can find some solutions and get the ball rolling in the right direction soon. It sounds like if we get enough people with immunity, through vaccination or natural immunity having recovered from it, we should be able to put this behind us. Maybe 20-30 percent of people can probably not get vaccinated and we should still be ok. If there are too many more than that it might take longer because the virus will have to make its way around that population to get them the antibodies and natural immunity.
Im glad your mom is all set on her vaccination. My mom and her husband are as well as my aunt who has battled liver cancer and her husband who has a bad case of COPD. I haven't seen my aunt in over a year because they are so high risk. My wife's mom got her first dose and will get her second a couple days after her birthday (84 I believe). Its nice not to have to worry so much about getting our family sick isn't it.
I only heat the sauce enough to get the the sugar and salt to dissolve. Its almost water thin, the ketchup thickens it just a little. There is only a tablespoon of sugar in the whole thing so not enough to thicken it.
Its been chilly and pretty windy the last couple of days but we are suppose to warm back up for the weekend.
I hope you had a good St. Patty's day and your week is finishing strong!

Rodehazrd. Im glad your well on your way to to being fully protected against the virus, or at least as protected as can be. My wife got her doses early on because she works in an emergency room at the hospital. She had a pretty serious reaction to her first dose and slept for about 3 days almost straight. Oddly enough she had almost no reaction to her second dose.
At first I really didn't want the vaccine. Not because of anything that Trump said or did but because I feel that someone in my shape, age and level of health would have an easy time of beating it on my own. I really do feel that individuals should have complete controls of what they put in their body and shouldn't feel forced to Put something in their body's that they don't need. Im not against vaccines in general and I'm glad we have protection against really bad shit like smallpox, And tetanus amongst other things. Im not completely trusting of medical professionals and fairly sceptical of drug company's and I hope this isn't the beginning of them wanting to put stuff in us every year. Anyway I've decided that if I can help by getting a vaccination that I don't really need that ill do it once. But not this becomes a yearly thing like the stupid flu shot (that I don't need) then I'm out. I like my immune system to be naturally strong as its been my whole life and the only way it stays strong it to keep exposing it to things so it keeps working.
The vinegar sauce is inspired by a recipe you posted here a couple years ago. I had just gotten back from Alabama and mentioned that I had my first vinegar sauce and you posted the recipe for me. I had brought back a couple jars of sauce with me and I just ran out of that recently so I figured it was time to make my own. Thanks man!
The soil here is nice a d dark and really fertile in most places. We have a lot of grazing land here and that's why we have so many dairy farms and lots of corn fields.
I like your orange hoodie. I wore an orange zip up hoodie over a green shirt yesterday and no one hassled me about it. Just about everyone at the bars I was at yesterday was covered in green.

​​​​​​
​​​​
​​​​

​​​
​​​​​​

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i hear things are opening back up here and they even had indoor dining last night
i ended up going toa friends neighbors place and had a bunch of beers then walked home
in one neighborhood i saw a couple standing out in front of their house and staring at the sky
turns out you coudl see the internation space station in the sky overhead last night
it was rad
thats great that they are getting teh vaccine out in your area and i hope things are getting back to normal
love a girl with a "bushel baskets of curley hair" my man! sounds like you guys had a great time
stay safe and keep on kicking ass brother!

DoloDankness

Happy Friday everybody!! Bet you weren’t expecting to see my post pop up in the feed! Haha I’m back but sadly with no more grow. :( Been through a lot since I left IC and now I’m back, and I’m glad to be. I missed you guys a lot. Gave great advice and always positive feedback. Since I left my seed collection has kind of gotten out of hand lol. Circumstances in the house I live in aren’t the most ideal scenarios to pop some beans in. All good though. I got a few harvests in, grew a strain called mac and cherries that had a great cherry smell and taste to it. I’m gonna look through my photos and see if I can post it from my phone. That has been another reason I’ve been absent, my laptop decided to take a dump lmao. I will make do with what I have now though. No more excuses. I’m tired of scrolling through Instagram and seeing 1000 different strains of “Runtz” when it’s all just a big ole gelato fuckery hahaha. So I decided ic will always be the place to look for informative and real dank on the internet. I hope all of you guys are doing well and had a great St. Patty’s Day. I apologize for the absence but I couldn’t stay away forever haha. This site will always draw me back.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
our man doh'
good to see you back brother and hope you are doing well
sounds like you have been on a wild ride since weve last heard from you and cant wait for you to fill us in
the new site looks different but we still have almost all of the same great people around
good to hear from you man!

DoloDankness

Yea it does look quite different from the last time I was on here. But yessir, had a few mushroom trips that really gave me a new perspective on life and how I want to live. My girlfriend broke up with me so I had to learn to love myself, which was actually really difficult at first because I don’t think I actually have loved myself before. I haven’t gotten there yet but I am making progress for sure. I actually got my younger sister to take some mushrooms with me which was a really awesome experience. I have also noticed to get what you want in life, you have to do things you don’t want to do. You have to suffer and not be comfortable to make progress with yourself. I’m starting to try and train my brain to accept those hardships and almost enjoy them in the moment by remembering the end goal.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
great insight doh! things are not all ways fun and easy living; things can suck but sometimes you just have to embrace the suck
but you can tell who took the time to put in their work and make themselves more
hardship only sucks if you dont want to reach your goals, otherwise its just another step in the road
you are so right about loving yourself too, dont forget this
it soudns like you have really come a long way brother and i hope we get to ride along with you on your next step in this journey
keep it up and you can have anything you want in life

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
Happy Friday!
I hope y'all are finishing your weeks off on a high note! I know I am LOL.
We are in for a nice warm up here this weekend with sunny sky's and temps in the upper 50's or higher predicted.
Im looking forward to some motor biking and some disc golf for sure. I got word that my mountain bike is ready for me to pick up so ill do that and maybe get a little spin in on it even though the trails are closed I can ride somewhere flat and paved. I got forks rebuilt, all new cables, new chain and all things adjusted so I should be good to go for the season.

pop_rocks. I hope things keep heading in the right direction in your aria. Its nice to go out to get a bite to eat every now and then isn't it. And getting out for a couple drinks helps cheer up just about anyone I've ever met.
That's really cool that you could see the space station. I didn't even know it was visible with the naked eye. Must have been a nice clear night. Its been a while since I was somewhere without a lot of light pollution and had a nice gander up at the stars. The place we had up north was great for that and I use to see shooting stars and the northern lights all the time.
Do you habe anything full planned for the weekend? Anything interesting on the menu?
I've got a whole brisket in the fridge and I'm planning on splitting it up and BBQing half of it on Sunday and brining the other half to make some pastrami with next weekend.

DoloDankness. Its good to see you back buddy! No need to apologize for any absence, we come and go as we choose. You right that icmag is a great place to get some great advice from real growers who know what they are doing. Instagram is great for pictures but not so much for advise I'm told. I joined up but dont visit much, mostly due to lack of time because I love me some pictures of this beautiful plant. Im glad you have had a chance to get some grows under your belt while you were away. You can learn a lot every grow even if your circumstances are less than ideal.
It sounds like you have had some good life lessons the last few months or so. Learning to love and respect yourself is not easy. I've had times when I had very low self esteem when I was younger and I know how rough we can be on ourselves. Psychedelics can be a great way to work through issues and have breakthroughs. I've learned a lot through a few uncomfortable trips I had. Its not always fun but mushrooms are said to show what you need to see, not necessarily what you want or expect to see and learn. I hope your sister also had an eye opening experience that she can use to make her life better or more satisfying going forward. Sometimes the things you learn from them take weeks, months or years to sink in. Your view of understanding that not everything in life is roses and some things are hard and uncomfortable is very mature. You have to take the good with the bad, it all makes you stronger and gives you the experience to.deal with what is coming next.
Keep up the good work buddy!

DoloDankness

Appreciate the warm welcome back guys, don’t really have too much planned for this weekend. Gonna hang with some friends and smoke. Here is a picture of some mac n cherries I grew which is mac 1 x Cherry Runtz and it actually came out decent for me being a dumbass and not knowing what I was doing haha!

Attachments

• CE1CA79D-4790-42FE-A96D-CE8D954BBD48.jpeg
    CE1CA79D-4790-42FE-A96D-CE8D954BBD48.jpeg
    66.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 71F1C3B0-6E8E-4946-B769-281B5936148D.jpeg
    71F1C3B0-6E8E-4946-B769-281B5936148D.jpeg
    59.4 KB · Views: 11

Latest posts

Latest posts