What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

YOGURT CUP CHALLENGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Thanks, bro.

Dr Bud would be proud, lol.

Come to think of it, the next challenge can be a Dr. Bud mini sog grow.

Little soda pop jug nugs.

Bambøø

I just back from 7 little days of holidays :D
I start bloom today, 12/12 instant, no choice.

++

Attachments

• IMG_1138.jpg
    IMG_1138.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 24

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
Update: Day 65

Update: Day 65

My little girls are at day 65 and have some serious root issues. Don't know why but that thing with the faisselle doesn't really work out cause the roots keep on dying off.

There's not much of a change compared to two weeks ago, just that the main cola (pic 1) swells quite nicely and the first seeds ripened this weekend in the super dense nuggets (pic 2); please be aware of sarcasm... :D

Attachments

• Finola Yogurt Cup Day 65 A.jpg
    Finola Yogurt Cup Day 65 A.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 24
  • Finola Yogurt Cup Day 65 B.jpg
    Finola Yogurt Cup Day 65 B.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 25

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran
Super.
Like the roots, what do you use?

i got hooked up with a few free samples from these guys. http://www.cxhydroponics.net/products

they gave me the bloom formula for coco, mighty grow, regena-root, wilt guard and head masta. i'm also dosing 2 ml H2O2 per gallon every day.

seems like their products work pretty well so far, but they don't answer e-mails (or i keep sending them to the wrong people)

can't bitch to loud though. :ying:it was free

Only Ornamental

Veteran
Update: Day 80, Harvest Day

Update: Day 80, Harvest Day

@8&Aces: Nice plants!!

My Finolas didn't move a millimetre since weeks and the trichomes look shrivelled and milky. Hence, I decided to chop the tallest one with the most swollen calyxes as final cup contestant. She's about 60 cm tall and has a fresh weight of 9 grams.
Here some pics and close-ups:

Attachments

• Finola Yogurt Cup Day 80 9 Gram.jpg
    Finola Yogurt Cup Day 80 9 Gram.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 21
  • Finola Yogurt Cup Day 80 Chopped.jpg
    Finola Yogurt Cup Day 80 Chopped.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Finola Yogurt Cup Day 80 C.jpg
    Finola Yogurt Cup Day 80 C.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 23
  • Finola Yogurt Cup Day 80 B.jpg
    Finola Yogurt Cup Day 80 B.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 29
  • Finola Yogurt Cup Day 80 A.jpg
    Finola Yogurt Cup Day 80 A.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 24

Only Ornamental

Veteran
Update: Day 80, Harvest Day part 2

Update: Day 80, Harvest Day part 2

And a very blurred attempt of taking a photo of a trichome through my old microscope as well as the seeds I sawed and the seeds I harvested. The seeds show a quite impressive difference in size; would have wanted the whole plants to do that too.

EDIT: I just went to chop N° 2 when it got eaten right in front of me... by my dogs! WFT!!

Attachments

• Finola Yogurt Cup Day 80 Microscope.jpg
    Finola Yogurt Cup Day 80 Microscope.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Finola Yogurt Cup Seeds.jpg
    Finola Yogurt Cup Seeds.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

zamzia

Veteran

Only Ornamental

Veteran
Jogi cup 'à la faisselle': Lessons learned

Jogi cup 'à la faisselle': Lessons learned

I 'dissected' the rootstocks to see how they look (sorry, no pics for that): it was pitiful :cry:. Hence, I'd like to share my lessons learned from the 'faisselle' approach.
- Humidity between water and 'faisselle' in the reservoir was too low (no tight fitting between inner and outer cup) preventing small roots from growing out of the holes in the inner cup (aka faisselle).
- There was something toxic in the glue used to stick the straw to the hole in the bottom of the reservoir (aka yoghurt cup) causing large roots to die off quickly.
- Eventually too much light in the reservoir.
- Growing Finola under 12/12 and at rather low light intensity was a very stupid (or rather unproductive) decision.

As a solution I'm now going to (no, not for the yogi cup challenge but for fun and knowledge) use a 'soil-airoponic-hybrid' setup with the faisselles above a big reservoir containing an ultrasonic fogger used for indoor fountains (visible is only its red LED) and I'll likely use CFLs 24/7. The metal screen in the middle of the cover wasn't really intentional but is there because I used to cultivate roaches in that box; now it's covered with cling wrap and may serve later on as ventilation in case the plants need it ;) . Besides, the whole thing will be wrapped in aluminium foil as soon as the plants start growing.
We'll see how that works out... if it is successful, I'll start a new thread.

Here's the pic of my new bricolage:

Attachments

• Improved Faisselle.jpg
    Improved Faisselle.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 26
Status
Not open for further replies.