What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ICMAG and Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mt Toaker

Not on Facebook, don't know much about it.

But am being pestered to join it.

Those who know what Facebook is about...why is it so evil?

Facebook isn't evil, There are some hackers on it yes but for the most part don't click on the link that says something sexual about mylee cirus or how ever you spell her name. Its good to keep in touch with people you know, I follow some bands and am part of NORMAL's page so I can keep up with events. Its like anywhere else on the web, know what you are doing. If you do make an account set all of your stuff to friends only so only people you have accepted as a friend can see your shit.

I would say Facebook is less evil then Google, they are against censoring the web while G is workin for censorship.

TheOutlawTree

i agree facebook's not a good thing for privacy and the future. I dont like how people are using the net, and even texting to communicate. Why not just keep it oldschool and call the person up? I will admit i have a FB account, but i make sure my "friends" are actually friends unlike 99% of everyone who uses it. Props to ICmag for tellin it how it is

I was real stoned when i watched "the social network", it kinda made me think mark was somewhat cool. Then i watched a video of the real mark zuckerburg online and i realized the guy is just a cocksucker. Whats the point of even donating that amount of money to the pot world anyways, just like some of you said, its like droppin 10 cents into a homeless person hands.

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
i dont know shit about facebook...
what do you think about hazebook?? loollll:dance013:

KharmaGirl

~Resident Puck Bunny~
Veteran
this isn't about the pro's & con's of Facebook, its about IC's presence there
as stated we have no link to face book nor do we intend to in the future
so please stop the crap arguments about the good & bad points of facebook, its just another form
of communicating over the net and its up to individual's to choose if they want to use it or not

OP

S

stratmandu

FB is good for musicians like myself to promote gigs and stay in touch. However, there are a few caveats that I wish the world would embrace, as it would put a serious cramp in Zuckerberg's income:
1. completely opt out of the FB application platform on the settings page. You won't be able to play mafia wars (boo hoo WGAF) or other info-mining apps. Good.
2. Set everything on your security settings to "only me" except for posts and photos, and set those to "friends only". Set your occupation, birthdate, education info, to "only me".
3. Do not click "like" on anything. Seriously. This info is sold by FB.
4. Do not post links. This info is also mined.
5. Never post anything about your job or company. A guy in my co was interviewing a promising candidate and was about to offer her a job (engineering). He checked her facebook and read where she posted about being torn between accepting a good job and working for "the man" in a "stuffy corporate environment". Well, he made the decision for her - no job. If she had her FB set to "friends only" she would be a corporate lackey now pulling 6 figures.
6. Never use your real name or a handle used elsewhere.
7. Disable "tagging" of all types. Otherwise "friends" could tag you in photos others have posted without your knowledge.
8. Become familiar with the Security settings page and check it often as they change thigs a lot.

Like I said its good for a musician to promote gigs, and thats all I use it for. You won't be able to find me there from info here. Try it. I wonder how many of you use the same handle there as here - not good security practice, no.

BE AWARE FB is an NSA front and Mark Zuckerberg is the antiChrist of intel gathering. Act accordingly.

As a cryptologist I find good strong encryption an indispensable tool, but would never type anything in that could hurt me later. Nothing beats face to face conversation - no book needed. :tiphat:

Last edited:

Scrogerman

Veteran
Hi Guys,

I wanted to touch on this issue briefly, after having a good chat with OP and getting his input on this issue.

We do not have an official ICMAG Facebook page, we never have and never will.

There are ICMAG Facebook fan pages out there, but they are unofficial, and certainly NOT sanctioned by us.

Anyone who joins these pages, does so at their own risk, ICMAG officially does not condone anything related to Facebook or any other page that purports to be an official ICMAG Facebook page.

We do have a Seedboutique twitter page, but it is only for posting tweets about Seedboutique promo's. Furthermore, the nature of the way twitter connects people is different from Facebook. Twitter is basically the same as posting a thread publicly that anyone who subscribes to that thread can read. That is very much different from the connectivity of Facebook and Facebook's privacy policies.

On a personal note, I don't have Facebook, and won't ever get one again.

- John

Thankgod, i thought you were about to say something else condoning it, sorry for doubting you. We have sensible admin. Respect John! FB is for Kids & people who lead sheltered sad little lives! I cant stand it or what it stands for!

TB Gardens

Veteran
Ya I didn't read thru this at all, so I'm sure someone mentioned it. It's a known fact that Facebook stores all of your personal info, and all pictures u have ever uploaded on their own servers. They forever have all your info, and the gov already wants at it so badly. Check out a news documentary called "the Facebook obsession" ... Please everyone, don't ever bring this world into ur Facebook world

"2. Set everything on your security settings to "only me" except for posts and photos, and set those to "friends only". Set your occupation, birthdate, education info, to "only me".
3. Do not click "like" on anything. Seriously. This info is sold by FB."

-- FB can change ur settings at any time without penalty. Each time FB gets "updated" many priv settings are lost or reset.

Last edited:

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
i have a facebook but it doesnt have my real name, or any pictures of me. got a picture of my dog. i strictly use it to communicate with the local friends about shows, parties, events, etc......i rarely give updates or anything like that, just use it to read other peoples updates and comment once and a while.....i used to really hate on facebook but its turned out pretty useful im learning about way more events going on, instead of having to call everyone and bug them about whats happening this weekend, i just check FB and know where the parties gonna be a week in advance...

theres alot of collectives and dispensaries who are using facebook and twitter in marketing which is pretty cool......give daily updates on the menu, deals, etc..

urbanfog

Facebook can be a great tool, but I dont share all with just anyone ;)

I run a fb for my home business only. It has a few friends family, but primarily for word of mouth/viral marketing. For someone who wants to reach the masses for advertising it is a great free tool, but its just a tool.

Twitter is another, same thing great for advertising if your into that "stream" of viral marketing. My sales come from all over the world although primarily the states. I can tell every time I invest a few hours a day into posting, I get sales.

Now would I post anything about my learning here on IC or any other site? F&$& no!

To me and I am far from anyone, My private life for the most part is separate from my garden buddies :D Kinda like the Masons I guess, if you ask I will answer....till then I dont know shat!

Happy Monday all,

UF

T

tony clifton

this isn't about the pro's & con's of Facebook, its about IC's presence there
as stated we have no link to face book nor do we intend to in the future
so please stop the crap arguments about the good & bad points of facebook, its just another form
of communicating over the net and its up to individual's to choose if they want to use it or not

OP

yeah, what pink said!!!

close this thread!

T.C. :pimp3:

Status
Not open for further replies.