What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Indoor, LEDs, Zucchini?? Anyone Doing This Yet?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
That's right, I'm looking for information from anyone growing zucchini indoor, under LEDs. :)

Greatly appreciated. :D

shithawk420

Veteran
You must really like zucchini.my friend gave me some zucchini muffins not to long ago.it was good

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
They're a delicious veggie. As a friend pointed out today, they're also massive PM magnets and require a LOT of light. lol

Probably end up growing them yearly and freezing some for winter. :)

shithawk420

Veteran
Yeah.its really not worth it to grow indoors.unless your rich and wanna have a big vegetable garden in your basement.that would be really cool

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Yeah.its really not worth it to grow indoors.unless your rich and wanna have a big vegetable garden in your basement.that would be really cool

that is how greenhouses got started; with rich Brits building what they called "orangeries" to grow fruit indoors in Englands' eminently unsuitable environment...

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
In my experience zucchini doesn't like containers. Sure they will grow but yield sucks and fruit quality is not great. I'm talking 5 gallon bucket. I'm sure a bigger one would work better but is it worth it?

There are some fairly PM resistant zucchini vartieties these days. Once a week spray with baking soda makes a world of difference.

Slim Pickens

Veteran
In my experience zucchini doesn't like containers. Sure they will grow but yield sucks and fruit quality is not great. I'm talking 5 gallon bucket. I'm sure a bigger one would work better but is it worth it?

There are some fairly PM resistant zucchini vartieties these days. Once a week spray with baking soda makes a world of difference.

Peppers love containers,but zucchini not so much.

I like Gold Rush....it's really good.

Brother Nature

[FONT=&quot]Haha, there is a blog about it :D[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]https://www.bulbolight.com/blogs/how-to-grow/zucchini-indoors[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Check out their LED's too, they actually look pretty cool. I'm sure if you dial the nutes in right it'd be easy enough. I used to grow Habanero's under a small LED on my computer desk using canna nutes, Blu-mats, and coco as the medium. Was actually pretty fun, had chillis all year and they were bloody good too.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Don't know why the photo won't rotate, stupid old android phone..
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
we had so much zucchini in NJ we had to give a lot of it away

Sign

I planted 2 40' rows of zucchini this season and between rabbits and deer did not eat a single one.

Squirrels ate about half the corn.

The rabbits were tasty though.

Latest posts

Latest posts