What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The traitor within?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klompen

Seems like every President likes to go down in history with a war to their name.....it keeps the sabre-rattling tribal-imperialistic minded mob happy, and usually makes lots of money for the corporations and banksters..

.....at the expense of the powerless and poor people of the world, everytime.

Have you noticed how all the anti-war movements hardly seem to have a voice anymore? Everyone is so numb to war that right now we have about 1000 non-secret bases around the globe and are bombing 9 countries and more people are interested in the outcome of The Voice than who their government is killing.

Madeline Albright even went so far as to say that 500,000 dead Iraqi children from sanctions was worth the cost. I'm really not sure what body count will ever be shocking enough to make America care. So much manufacturing has been outsourced that we're getting increasingly dependent on war-related-wares and services to keep the economy afloat. Its such a shame Bill Hicks isn't still around to roast this country for everything it fails to stand for.

White Beard

This is exactly what he was installed to do; sow fear and create chaos to such an extent that the American people will accept almost any level of compromised candidate as a replacement.
I must point out that Chump *IS* himself that compromised reality. I really don’t think there’s a ‘down’ from here if we’re going to REMAIN the United States of America in any meaningful sense at all.

White Beard

Klompen: there is absolutely NO point in trying to bring forward an anti-war campaign under Chump. The status quo bellum will continue, as much because we want it to end as for any other reason.

That energy is much better spent doing everything possible to block Kavanaugh’s confirmation, protect the Mueller investigation, and doing everything possible to get out the vote in November

Klompen

I must point out that Chump *IS* himself that compromised reality. I really don’t think there’s a ‘down’ from here if we’re going to REMAIN the United States of America in any meaningful sense at all.

This is exactly what I mean though. We're already attacking 9 countries. Trump is already dropping over 109 bombs per day average. Bush dropped about 60 or so a day average and Obama was around 90. So if we're willing to accept another Obama just to avoid another Trump we're still losing. Lesser of two evils is still evil. They are normalizing evil and trying to train us to compromise ourselves to death and it seems to be working. Just look at the 2016 race; both front runners had Henry Kissinger's seal of approval. That alone should have caused riots in the streets, but both teams are convinced everything negative about "their candidate" is just crazy talk from the other side. Unfortunately those at the top have learned to go after each other for meaningless shit like blowjobs and prostitution scandals while secretly working together to kill brown people and prop up the dollar with global chaos. Bipartisanship scares the shit out of me because it usually means lots of people are going to die. Lets not forget that Obama ran a drone program that killed 9 unknown people for every 1 intended target; and that many people actually want him back.

Trump is int he pro-wrestling hall of fame for playing a type of character called a "Heel". The job of the "Heel" is to make the "Face"(aka "the good guy") look even better by acting extremely badly to increase the contrast. His job in wrestling was literally to be as hated as possible so his rival would look good. Seriously, he's actually in the WWE Hall of Fame for that. I am amazed that so few Americans have any idea about that.

White Beard

There was a thing I noticed with Obama while he was in office, and I’ve thought about it a lot. Every now and then, with things like the TPP, with Libya, other examples escape me now, his presidency took on a different cast. He seemed at those times to be pressing an agenda that was not his own, he was at those times considerably rougher in his handling of Congress, and he was not always successful. It was like that was the part of the job that he hated. You hear about shadow governments and such, but you have to wonder the kinds of invisible pressure that must have been put on that man. In a country where men of color would be killed off-hand for imaginary offenses not that long ago (no, not long...), he may well have been in a position with few good choices once he got there.

Chump OTOH is as far from Obama as he can get, on a second-by-second basis. He’s more than happy to lie, cheat, and steal if it means he gets what he wants. I suspect what he wants is to be REALLY rich, not just pretend-rich like he has been. And he wants respect...whether he has to drag it out of us or not.

I’m sure he’s been bought by the big money, here and in Russia, along with the rest of the “conservative” movement, the GOP, and the alt.media.

Klompen

One time Obama had a private meeting with Wall Street executives and literally told them that "My administration is the only thing between you and the pitchforks"

https://www.counterpunch.org/2015/06/19/progressive-obama-hes-melting-hes-melting/

Really your instincts aren't wrong. He's often done what he is told. I mean he let Citigroup pick his entire first cabinet.....

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1141491/pg1

I mean really, doesn't it seem to you like the intelligence community picks compromised people to run for office here just like we know they've done for decades in foreign lands? Do you think its coincidence that so many big names in the media and in politics are connected to Jefferey Epstein? Isn't it strange how Bill Clinton rushes to save child traffickers so often? Isn't it odd that James Alefantis was allowed to bring food into the White House on several occasions at odd hours even though he's supposedly a small time nobody and White House protocol forbids outside food being brought in that way. Isn't it odd that the Podesta brothers have been friends with Dennis Hastert for decades and Tony even used to share and office with him? There's so much bizarre crap that goes on in DC. I doubt we've even seen the tip of the iceberg at this point. One thing I am 100% sure of though is that we don't really have two parties in this country. Democracy in this country has always been kind of a joke, but it is much worse right now than usual.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Hmmm, yes I have noticed how quiet the anti-nuclear-anti-war movement has become of late, if they are still about then you don't see much about them in the media.......it might be something to do with not having enough dedicated activists to cover so many wars.....Oh! Activists cost money these days - ask George Soros....lol

The 'collateral damage' of thousands of innocent civilians has sadly never really been of much concern after Hamburg and Dresden in WW2....and then Hiroshima and Nagasaki....

The USA has always thrived thru war economies, primarily because they are not the ones ever being invaded, but they are usually the ones doing the invading for what-ever reasons, be it 'Protecting American Interests'(that could encompass almost anything), or 'Supporting a Foreign Government', which usually means that they are supplying arms and ammunition, often even troop 'advisers' to help take over or protect a certain government/nation, its bid-ness as usual for this rolling war economy and the corporations that drive it, who can supply and maintain any/or multiple wars, even from both sides at the same time since its much more profitable that way, and the more wars there are the more wealthy and powerful they get...

We need to do a whole lot of evolution before we can rid ourselves of this war-like tribal stage that makes people want to go to war all the time, and it would help if war was not so damned profitable to certain people....its usually over gain/greed, chagrin or pure bloody-mindedness anyway.

Have you noticed how all the anti-war movements hardly seem to have a voice anymore? Everyone is so numb to war that right now we have about 1000 non-secret bases around the globe and are bombing 9 countries and more people are interested in the outcome of The Voice than who their government is killing.

Madeline Albright even went so far as to say that 500,000 dead Iraqi children from sanctions was worth the cost. I'm really not sure what body count will ever be shocking enough to make America care. So much manufacturing has been outsourced that we're getting increasingly dependent on war-related-wares and services to keep the economy afloat. Its such a shame Bill Hicks isn't still around to roast this country for everything it fails to stand for.

Last edited:

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Monday should be interesting, start of a brand new week, and now that Obama has entered the ring a new diversion.

I noticed on MSNBC that they keep calling him 'President' Obama.

...... kinda like they're playing trump like a fiddle, let's just sit back and see if he takes the bait!:tiphat::biggrin::moon:

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You don't lose the title with the administration.

Did Tarzan get called a fool and not notice, again?

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
The reason there is very little anti war movement is because if anyone or any group gets too loud the will call you a terrorist. We are at a point where if you think clearly about anything, let alone bombing people, you are somehow against your people.

In my kids school there are teachers so patriotic the cannot think straight and essentially require the kids to impersonate a brain washed quack that paints her nails red white and blue. The same teacher told another kid she can't be expected to pronouce her name because she is not black.

igrowone

Veteran
some interesting observations here
just 1 accusation of it being fake, kind of a low turn out for that camp
but the guilt looks like it will fall somewhere, if i may phrase it like that
doesn't look like any broken law, just someone letting off some steam about their job

St. Phatty

Great Article on the United States of Israel at the Unz Review.

i.e. the complete subordination of US interests to Israeli interests that became very obvious in June 1968, with the handling of the USS Liberty incident ~

https://www.unz.com/pgiraldi/israels-fifth-column-2/

Paradoxically, one of the most consistent critics of Israel is Dr. Paul Craig Roberts, a Reagan era apparatchik.

He could tolerate the Reagan era level of corruption, but the deterioration of the US since the 1980's basically makes Dr. Paul vomit.

Gry

i.e. the complete subordination of US interests to Israeli interests that became very obvious in June 1968, with the handling of the USS Liberty incident ~

Paradoxically, one of the most consistent critics of Israel is Dr. Paul Craig Roberts, a Reagan era apparatchik.

He could tolerate the Reagan era level of corruption, but the deterioration of the US since the 1980's basically makes Dr. Paul vomit.

Strong material well said.
Always left with a very uncomfortable and hollow feeling inside when I recall the silence where there should have been outrage.
Hard to learn where we live.

B

Bourbon Kush

Freedom of speech allows dissent and agreement. It allows everyone a voice. It allows for both true and false notions. It can lead to calm or chaos.

Each of us can choose to believe or reject ideas.

We all view the world as prejudiced by our experiences and influences.

The truth is out there.

Klompen

Hmmm, yes I have noticed how quiet the anti-nuclear-anti-war movement has become of late, if they are still about then you don't see much about them in the media.......it might be something to do with not having enough dedicated activists to cover so many wars.....Oh! Activists cost money these days - ask George Soros....lol

The 'collateral damage' of thousands of innocent civilians has sadly never really been of much concern after Hamburg and Dresden in WW2....and then Hiroshima and Nagasaki....

I think that the public has been trained pretty heavily since a young age to accept that soldiers are the finest of all men and that without them we'd all be speaking German or reading the Quran or whatever. Of course there's some degree of truth to that, but there's also clearly such a thing as "too much of a good thing". I mean manure is great for plants to a degree, but if you throw your plants directly in manure it burns them. Similarly, when we're fed too much BS about war we just sort of wilt and become too weak to stand up to it. Pretty soon we just start to think its normal that our bridges and other infrastructure are falling apart because Lockheed needs billions more to produce a plane that our foreign rivals can produce for a 10th of the price. The F35 program costs more than Russia spends on their entire military and weapons development in 15 years. Russia just recently unveiled a new generation of nuclear weapons too, and our nuclear arsenal is still controlled by software that comes on floppy disks! All because we've been fed BS till we collapsed from it.

The USA has always thrived thru war economies, primarily because they are not the ones ever being invaded, but they are usually the ones doing the invading for what-ever reasons, be it 'Protecting American Interests'(that could encompass almost anything), or 'Supporting a Foreign Government', which usually means that they are supplying arms and ammunition, often even troop 'advisers' to help take over or protect a certain government/nation, its bid-ness as usual for this rolling war economy and the corporations that drive it, who can supply and maintain any/or multiple wars, even from both sides at the same time since its much more profitable that way, and the more wars there are the more wealthy and powerful they get...

We need to do a whole lot of evolution before we can rid ourselves of this war-like tribal stage that makes people want to go to war all the time, and it would help if war was not so damned profitable to certain people....its usually over gain/greed, chagrin or pure bloody-mindedness anyway.

There's a lot of NIMBYism in this world; and perhaps nowhere more so than the United States. We want the fruits of conquest and world dominance but only so long as the consequences are Not In My Back Yard.

I for one would love to have my son grow up in a world where his government isn't killing at least someone every day. Right now I can't say that he has that. How beautiful would it be if the USA could go even a full week without ending someone's life?

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Freedom of speech allows dissent and agreement. It allows everyone a voice. It allows for both true and false notions. It can lead to calm or chaos.

Each of us can choose to believe or reject ideas.

We all view the world as prejudiced by our experiences and influences.

The truth is out there.

and you sure as hell ain't gonna find it on Faux News.......

Klompen

The issue of Israel is disturbing and bizarre. Its incredible how many people, even of Jewish descent, have no idea that Israel was founded by Nazi collaborators. Zionists laundered the Reichsmark in exchange for their immediate families being paid huge sums to leave Europe and go to Palestine. The Haavara Agreement is one of the most sinister "deal with the devil" type of agreements in the history of the world. It was so controversial that even among Zionists it caused some infighting. In fact, Zionists from one faction actually took the guy who wrote the agreement out into an Israeli construction site in the middle of the night and put a bullet in his head. It still didn't stop them from proceeding with the plan to engage in ethnic cleansing and conquest of the region. Don't get me wrong, the Muslims of the area have some pretty bad skeletons in their closets too, but Israelis largely have not come to terms with their Nazis-ties.

Or maybe they have....

https://therealnews.com/stories/isr...blatantly-neo-nazi-militia-the-azov-battalion

Status
Not open for further replies.