What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jamaican narrow leaf bagseed "Strawberry catpiss"

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
I had a buddy visiting Jamaica, so you already know I asked if he can get me some seeds.

picture.php

He found 2 varieties and brought me the mixed lot of seeds. He said that one of the seeds was way darker than the other type, so I separated them based on how dark the seeds were and had a group of 3 really dark seeds that I was convinced were siblings.

I poped what I could and end up with 3 seedlings.

picture.php

Out of the 3, I noticed one was a trifoliate, one was shorter and stockier and the last one was more of what I would have expected from a Jamaican line that uses new seeds every year.

The trifoliate was culled pretty early and the other 2 were grown out to completion.

picture.php

Of the 2 honestly I was really only interested in the taller, more narrowed leaf type plant and didnt get good documentation of her sister. There was definitely some commonalities in their aromas but they were polar opposites in appearance.

Here is the strawberry catpissy one drying

picture.php

A little sample

picture.php

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
They both had a similar spiciness that was familiar to be. The shorter one was actually more appealing to me, because the taller one had a particular scent added in there that I just didnt enjoy. Both sweet and spicy, not overpowering spicy like the hazes I know of.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Wolfshadoe

Wow..Thats pretty ganj man..Its amazing how the genectics have changed..I bet the ORIGINAL beans were acclimated for humity.sweeeet.

RulaTone

Veteran
Looks really nice, respect for taking the hard route..
No intersex? Curious about type of high..

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You had me at catpiss and stole my heart with strawberry.

No gay, bro.

Pretty stoked to hear the eventual smoke report.

those nugs look awesome!!! id love to sample a "catpiss" variety someday. I bet your gonna have a lot of fun searching through all those seeds!

nickman

Veteran
Nice man... I like the looks of that dready looking bud....

So your friend just thought the seeds could be siblings, no proof right...

I read how Jamaica uses a lot of modern day hybrids in their grows...!!!... I’ve never been there myself but I’d love to go someday...

le_chef_boyarde

went there around 2012... got an ounce of the stuff in the pics... was an ok smoke...
i bring back some seeds and grew them in dwc indoor... WOW... Grape giant kolas with hue of purplel/lavender...
it was just a different beast that grew than what i had smoked in jamaica

kept the strain for a year and lost it... as with all photos of the grow...
even tried germinating the two last beans 1 month ago without success... its gone

nice grow and post man !

because of this i will never look down on bagseeds... there is some keepers

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts