What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MKOB Kush aka kush mkob

PDX Dopesmoker

The scissor hash on this stuff is tasty & strong. Buds are way dense, really fantastic early harvesting plant, exactly as promised.

5Abh8zi.jpg

PDX Dopesmoker

My Mkob #7 is dried & in jars now. Looking good, smelling loud. I never smoked the Mickey Kush, but I'm familiar with Obama Kush plenty, my most recent experience being that I smoked a quarter of it about a month ago. This one smells a lot like Obama Kush.
ttI5kwF.jpg

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
The scissor hash on this stuff is tasty & strong. Buds are way dense, really fantastic early harvesting plant, exactly as promised.

View Image

Looking premium! Glad you liked it. Would you grow it again?

Are you referring to mkob x jager or mkob x mick Jagger?

Sorry I've been gone so long folks. The outdoor season was a bit overwhelming. Now I'm starting to focus more on developing my MKOB crosses in particularly the Jager Schnitzel line, mkob x jager. Some of the schnitzel phenos are another level of dank. I tested my gg4 x mkob and pineapple express x mkob this year outdoor and they were super nice too. I made some gg4 mkob crosses this year and want to do some inbreeding with my chem and diesel crosses in the future also. I haven't had luck finding any early chem/diesel crosses yet outdoor but the pineapple had a few. It smelled like grape pineapple.

PDX Dopesmoker

Oh hell yeah, Mkob did just about everything perfect for me outdoors this summer. I cut about half a bowl worth of budrot out of her and that was her only vice. Great smelling plant, reminds me of overripe papaya if anything. Strong smoke too. I plan on sharing the Mkob#7 x Mkob#7 seeds I made with my gardening club amigos, they might want them when I show them the bud and I'd grow it again next summer, but I still haven't tried the Mkob Jager and I now have a dozen other new seed batches that haven't been tested and a couple older ones that I still haven't gotten around to either.
I might have to apply for a rec growing license just to keep up with my hobby.

How'd the Mkob Pineapple Express cross do outdoors? I know a different Pineapple Express cross thats one of the best outdoor plants I've seen, taste great too.

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
Oh hell yeah, Mkob did just about everything perfect for me outdoors this summer. I cut about half a bowl worth of budrot out of her and that was her only vice. Great smelling plant, reminds me of overripe papaya if anything. Strong smoke too. I plan on sharing the Mkob#7 x Mkob#7 seeds I made with my gardening club amigos, they might want them when I show them the bud and I'd grow it again next summer, but I still haven't tried the Mkob Jager and I now have a dozen other new seed batches that haven't been tested and a couple older ones that I still haven't gotten around to either.
I might have to apply for a rec growing license just to keep up with my hobby.

How'd the Mkob Pineapple Express cross do outdoors? I know a different Pineapple Express cross thats one of the best outdoor plants I've seen, taste great too.

Thats good to hear that you liked the mkob. Yeah I hear you! So many strains to try... That jager is so good. Let's share some buds from harvest soon.

The pineapple mkob is a really lanky sativa. Its so sweet smelling its just about too sweet for me... tastes like a mouth full of sugar. its super strong smelling and terpy indoors and out. It really meshed well with the Obama kush grape terps. I recently used a gg4 mkob male and hit the pineapple mkob and I'm hoping the gg4 male will even out the palette of terps a bit. Something to try out next year.

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
I wanna try the strain flo outdoors from DJ short. Anybody ever tried it near 45n? I think it would make a good mkob cross too :D

PDX Dopesmoker

Now that I've had it in the jar almost 12 weeks I wanted to add that Mkob Kush really stands up. Great flavor and extra strong effects, just one bowl is almost too much for me. The lower part of the plant that I left outdoors until late October didn't get any rot or mold at all.
Mkob #7 is winning the jar test in my stash too and I'm looking forward to growing a bigger Mkob next summer and trying the Mkob Jager too.
The Mkob must be a real performer indoors, it wasn't my earliest to start flowering, but when it went it really took off and made nice flowers real fast, my late Sept harvest is probably about 7 weeks into flower and the bud is dense with nice fattened calyxes and a lot of flavor, faded to pretty colors too. The flavor I got is really nice, I called it muskat grape in the outdoor strain guide thread, its a really similar flavor to the quarter of Obama Kush I smoked a few months ago.
A+ seeds.
I want to hear more about the other crosses, did the GG4 Mkob finish OK? GG4 herself seems like a mid October harvest kinda plant to me and the two crosses I've seen outdoor didn't make it much earlier, but they both produced really nice bud, even early harvested GG4 flower is super resinous. I can only guess the GG4 Mkob outdoor flowers were crystal city.

PDX Dopesmoker

Now at about 5 months of cure my Mkob #7 switched odors and is now unmistakably cedar, which is a pretty big change from the tangy grape odor it had to start with. Both my jars did the same thing at the same time.
Bradley_Danks you did an amazing job putting strong, unusual and appealing flavors in this strain. Did you ever run into cedar coming out of any of your aged Mkob material?

PDX Dopesmoker

I've never met anyone who knows exactly what it is as far lineage goes, but it been one of the most popular cuttings with outdoor growers in southern Oregon for the last few years, apparently it puts on a lot of weight, I've never met it in person so I can't say that for sure, but the bud is no doubt extra tasty in a kinda of floral licorice tarball kinda way. I think someone said it was made from Blue Dream & LA Confidential so its probably that or something else cause like I said I don't think there is a reliable info source on the genetics.

PDX Dopesmoker

36 hours into the contest and we have a winner: 1 seed remains afloat. The first one sank at 12 hours and the LD50 was 15 hours. Hopefully the drowned ones don't suffocate before the last seed goes to the bottom of the drink which should be any second now as the water treading contest champion floats 90% below the water line.
Also I'd like to point out what a piece of garbage my Lumix backup is. Its not so much of a camera as it is a bad practical joke Panasonic is playing on photography enthusiasts.
More updates later on, possibly even a low resolution photograph of a wet paper towel.

PDX Dopesmoker

That one seed floated for 39 hours before submerging. I was worried that the ones who went under early might have been drowned or something like that, but it turned out to be no problem, mon.
10 fat seeds became 10 healthy sprouts. No bad considering the seeds are an inbreeding of seeds the were already inbred. Sorry I missed the paper towel stage photos
BQ3kiMq.jpg

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
That one seed floated for 39 hours before submerging. I was worried that the ones who went under early might have been drowned or something like that, but it turned out to be no problem, mon.
10 fat seeds became 10 healthy sprouts. No bad considering the seeds are an inbreeding of seeds the were already inbred. Sorry I missed the paper towel stage photos
View Image

Sweet I like how you reuse those weed containers :biggrin:

PDX Dopesmoker

This is Mkob boot camp. I kept them in the tiny containers until they started showing signs of starvation and now I'm putting them through some drought therapy while they're already weak looking to add to the challenge of survival and experiment with epigenetics (I don't know anything about genetics or epigenetics).
eOE9RyA.jpg

Next they'll move up to 250ml sized cups, that should be exciting.

R

Robrites

This is Mkob boot camp. I kept them in the tiny containers until they started showing signs of starvation and now I'm putting them through some drought therapy while they're already weak looking to add to the challenge of survival and experiment with epigenetics (I don't know anything about genetics or epigenetics).
View Image
Next they'll move up to 250ml sized cups, that should be exciting.
Less water - More nitrogen