What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Drippers, Jacks, LEDs, and Perlite

clown baby

Thought I'd throw up some pics of my current grow. Small scale, in a 2x4 tent

Lit by 10x Bridgelux EB gen2 560 mm strips driven by Meanwell HLG-240h-c1050.

Strain: DJ shorts blueberry X Heath Robinsons black rose. this is an f2. Pretty anemic growth rate and a lot of variegation. But it has very consistent coloring. If i had the space and patience, this could probably be worked into something very nice. But realistically i'm just going use it to bang out f1 crosses and hope it adds some color to otherwise superior genetics. Womp womp.

I did this round in perlite because I was tired of washing hydroton+lavarock. Now I get to deal with algae. Grass is always greener right?

Last edited:

clown baby

Cuttings going into perlite. 2x4 flood table. 18 plants total in a 3x6 grid. They got a little neglect prior to taking cuttings. Taken from mothers of three different seeds. The other mothers were culled because they showed too much variegation.

Here's the feed manifold. 3/4" pvc and top hat grommets to connect 1/4" tubing

Attachments

• IMG_2300.jpg
    IMG_2300.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2301.jpg
    IMG_2301.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

clown baby

Vegged and filled out a bit

aaaaand defoliation. 18 plants in a 2x4, you need to defoliate. They grow too slow to flower 12/12 from clone. Again, lots of variegation.

Attachments

• IMG_2336.jpg
    IMG_2336.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG 20160621 123252 HDR
    IMG 20160621 123252 HDR
    51.1 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

clown baby

Starting to see some flower. This is week 3 or 4 of 12/12.

Attachments

• IMG_2386.jpg
    IMG_2386.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2387.jpg
    IMG_2387.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

clown baby

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand one week later. Which brings us to today. 5-6 weeks from 12/12.

Attachments

• IMG_2415.jpg
    IMG_2415.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

clown baby

Nice! How often were you feeding in veg vs. flower? Algae ever become a problem for you?

Hi bsgospel.

I feed for 1 minute every 2 hours while the lights are on. 1.2EC in veg. 1.4EC in flower. New strain, and I started flushing these a bit earlier than I should have.

Yes, the algae got annoying. I wanted to try perlite because it was lightweight. But I wouldn't recommend it unless you cover your pots. Next run I'm going back to hydroton/lavarock.

Latest posts

Latest posts