What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DTOG's Bunny Ranch

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Im guessing its your inverted day/night temp causing the problem as well.
Not sure if i caught everything but are you burning ng or lp? Lp definitely needs dumped/exhausted. If you have an exhaust set up, you can set it on a rh controller to dump moist air so the dehuey doesnt make it too hot in the room lights out. Or set the exhuast on a temp controler for when the dehuey makes the room too hot. Are you aiming for those low daytime temps?

Burning LP. I do have it exhaust some during lights on. The only time I have a hard time keeping temps where they should be and the right day and night temps, is when it's like -20f - -30f. Other than that I can keep things pretty steady. We pretty much just got done with having over a month of below zero weather all the time. So I just put things back to the way they were before that cold spell. Also cut the lights down to 10 on, 14 off, which I think I already said, lol. I ripped right now.

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
L.A. Confidential seeds......who's got some ? If your on Instagram, hit me up there. Or shoot me a p.m. here. So we can "talk about how they grow " . :tiphat:

Aspenou812

Veteran
So I have a new issue... Its the kind of issue that we as growers don't mind having.... Basicly I need smaller pots for moms.... My goal would be 2 2.5 foot tall moms.... My 4 foot high bushy queens are kicking my butt..... Space is an issue... At least till I get another tent or area built for them.... What do you guys know about smaller moms? Hiya Dtog... You so deep in that fire jungle.... Keep on kill in it

Raho

Veteran
So anyways my plants have been taking longer than usual to finish lately. I have the lights at 11 on 13 off. Even with that, some are taking a full 2 weeks longer than usual. So I think it might be due to the fact that their dark period is often warmer than the lights on temps. I have my exhaust go off at lights out. Comes on like every 4 hours for 15 mins. Have the co2 genny and dehuey going at lights out for their extra heat.

So lights out temps have been low-mid 80's and the lights on it drops down to about 70-73 and stays there. So I'm gonna make some adjustments and see if I can reverse the lights on/lights off temps. Then I'll have a better understanding if that is what's causing the extra time to finish.

When the lights go out, the plants stomata all open up and release the CO2 it has been accumulating all day.
You turn off your exhaust, they release a bunch of CO2, and you have your burner going for heat.
By the time the lights come on in the morning, you may have created a pretty unhealthy levels of gas.
It's possible the burners do not run well during lights-out because of the already depleted O2, adding ethylene to the mix.

Yup, step 1 is no burners at night.
Consider a brief exhaust 30 minutes after lights out (but keep an eye on RH during these temp changes of course.)

of course, getting a digital CO2 controller which displays PPM instead of a timer would be a great upgrade if possible . . . take out a lot of guesswork.

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
And did you ever get your hands on some cheese?

I did get Cheese. Couple different cuts. Although nice, they weren't my cup of tea. I like her combined with OG or Chem best I guess.

When the lights go out, the plants stomata all open up and release the CO2 it has been accumulating all day.
You turn off your exhaust, they release a bunch of CO2, and you have your burner going for heat.
By the time the lights come on in the morning, you may have created a pretty unhealthy levels of gas.
It's possible the burners do not run well during lights-out because of the already depleted O2, adding ethylene to the mix.

Yup, step 1 is no burners at night.
Consider a brief exhaust 30 minutes after lights out (but keep an eye on RH during these temp changes of course.)

of course, getting a digital CO2 controller which displays PPM instead of a timer would be a great upgrade if possible . . . take out a lot of guesswork.

I did have my exhaust coming on for 15 mins about every 4 hours. First time I've ever experienced this. And I've been burning propane for Co2 for a long time now. Back when I was at my old man's is when I started using it.

I appreciate the input though. I did change it to no co2 at night now. So we'll see if things go back to normal. Just about time to stop using the burner anyway.

I did get Cheese. Couple different cuts. Although nice, they weren't my cup of tea. I like her combined with OG or Chem best I guess.

I did have my exhaust coming on for 15 mins about every 4 hours. First time I've ever experienced this. And I've been burning propane for Co2 for a long time now. Back when I was at my old man's is when I started using it.

I appreciate the input though. I did change it to no co2 at night now. So we'll see if things go back to normal. Just about time to stop using the burner anyway.
I was always told to cut off CO2 2 weeks before harvest to allow ripening. Plants stomata close at night to reduce water loss so your wasting propane running the burner at night. Please don't give up or I'll have nothing to read on these forums. Lol. Not sure where you guys get the time to keep on top of things, but I appreciate your hard work and pictures. 👍

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
I've got some beans of some stuff called Lucy from rp Colorado, it's la confidential x Luca brasi . I've ran straight la con before and man is she a slow veg. Super bomb flowers though.

oti$

Thought I'd chime in and second the CMH tech for faster flowering. Since switching my lights out, most cultivars finish 7-10 days faster than they did under hps...

packerfan79

Veteran

I got 3 females of loud n proud from the Dan's Buds fundraiser. They are from relentless. Cheese x 818 OG, they are pretty stanky. Pretty sure they were made for gay pride celebrations, must have been leftover. Their may be some left, Relentless is pretty good about answering questions here. He might hook you up . Its worth a shot. I will let you know how they come out. At 28 days today.

Aspenou812

Veteran
I got 3 females of loud n proud from the Dan's Buds fundraiser. They are from relentless. Cheese x 818 OG, they are pretty stanky. Pretty sure they were made for gay pride celebrations, must have been leftover. Their may be some left, Relentless is pretty good about answering questions here. He might hook you up . Its worth a shot. I will let you know how they come out. At 28 days today.

Cheese did you say..... Um excuse me sir....

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
I'm still alive, lol. I have some Power Cheese made by Iffy/ Gonna try those next. I still have the other plain (no tag) Cheese. Might hit her with some OG or Chem pollen in the near future. Just to have seeds for me.

Finally figured out what was up with my ballast. The little fan that cools it, has only been working part of the time. I had to hand start it last night. I did move the ballast(not just off-center above my co2 genny anymore) . So gonna spray the fan with a little lubricating silicone later on and hopefully that will make it last until I can get a new one.

Now I know why plants have been taking longer to finish. Half of my flower section essentially has been sitting in the dark for most of lights on, most nights. Only getting a little overcast from the other 1000.

Goats

I'm still alive, lol. I have some Power Cheese made by Iffy/ Gonna try those next. I still have the other plain (no tag) Cheese. Might hit her with some OG or Chem pollen in the near future. Just to have seeds for me.

Finally figured out what was up with my ballast. The little fan that cools it, has only been working part of the time. I had to hand start it last night. I did move the ballast(not just off-center above my co2 genny anymore) . So gonna spray the fan with a little lubricating silicone later on and hopefully that will make it last until I can get a new one.

Now I know why plants have been taking longer to finish. Half of my flower section essentially has been sitting in the dark for most of lights on, most nights. Only getting a little overcast from the other 1000.

sucks. at least you figured it out and can fix it now.

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
I need to order a new ballast. I had jump started the fan in the ballast the night before. Went out last night and that light was on. Meaning it stayed on all night. Well I was out there for about 20 mins and I heard the fuse pop and the room got darker.

Sure enough the fan stopped working again. So I spin started it and sprayed it with the smallest amount of silicone. Started to get worried that it was gonna stop working again after I left. So I rigged up this little gem. I have a few of the inline duct booster fans you can grab at Home Depot/Lowes. So I hooked it up to one of my intakes. Then have it plugged into the same timer as the lights. So it runs when the lights are on and shuts off when they do. Temporary fix, but seemed to be working. Instead of the normal warm/bordering hot, the ballast was super cool to the touch.

picture.php

Badfishy1

I need to order a new ballast. I had jump started the fan in the ballast the night before. Went out last night and that light was on. Meaning it stayed on all night. Well I was out there for about 20 mins and I heard the fuse pop and the room got darker.

Sure enough the fan stopped working again. So I spin started it and sprayed it with the smallest amount of silicone. Started to get worried that it was gonna stop working again after I left. So I rigged up this little gem. I have a few of the inline duct booster fans you can grab at Home Depot/Lowes. So I hooked it up to one of my intakes. Then have it plugged into the same timer as the lights. So it runs when the lights are on and shuts off when they do. Temporary fix, but seemed to be working. Instead of the normal warm/bordering hot, the ballast was super cool to the touch.

View Image

Temporary fix beats no fix!