What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Greek Landraces exposed

R

red23

Down under:) Now it make sense when you mentioned high temperatures!You guys went through some heatwave lately?
30+ years got my first dose of Aussie culture, in Greece:)
I was taught by some Aussie friends how too, with leaves off the tree, roll a eucalyptus cigarette

:)
Aboriginal? technique of rolling.Cann't remember how

Night4wings20

Down under:) Now it make sense when you mentioned high temperatures!You guys went through some heatwave lately?
30+ years got my first dose of Aussie culture, in Greece:)
I was taught by some Aussie friends how too, with leaves off the tree, roll a eucalyptus cigarette

Yep :)

Yes we did, friday is supposed to be 42C and where I live isn't even the hottest place haha.
So far I haven't heard of a eucalyptus smoke, was it for practice or did you guys actually smoke it?

R

red23

I would assume you roll it up from the leaf tip in a diagonal fashon to create a funnel of soughts to fill up with tobacco or weed? Interesting :)
Thinly rolled, funnel in the middle ,oxygen to get through, it was our smoke when dried.Pure eucalyptus, because we couldn't afford to buy cigarettes
I think if you look into it,yes,can be used for weed, possibly a cob? with weed leaves?(weaved a special way)
Definitely aboriginal

Night4wings20

Thinly rolled, funnel in the middle ,oxygen to get through, it was our smoke when dried.Pure eucalyptus, because we couldn't afford to buy cigarettes
I think if you look into it,yes,can be used for weed, possibly a cob? with weed leaves?(weaved a special way)
Definitely aboriginal

Very cool, learn something new everyday :)

R

red23

Very cool, learn something new everyday :)
Useless information if I keep it to myself:)
Seeds are out there, and,greek sativa you will be trying N.
I will be taking her outdoors

Attachments

• IMG_9386.jpg
    IMG_9386.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 16
R

red23

Useless information if I keep it to myself:)
Taking her outdoors, will give a more complete picture, unique opportunity to see how,Highland Greek Landrace Sativa,grows in her environment,at altitude, place of origin!!
Don't need worms, manure etc BioBizz Light Mix and nutrients are good enough, especially when highland water runs through her rooting system

Attachments

• IMG_9411.jpg
    IMG_9411.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 14

soil margin

Veteran
I'm interested red. So you actually smoked cigs rolled from pure eucalyptus leaves with no tobacco/cannabis in them? Does that create a noticeable effect you feel or is it just for fun?

Night4wings20

Useless information if I keep it to myself

Apparently they are called bidee cigarettes. Very popular in India. They use another leaf instead of eucalyptus there but it's basically the same concept. I read about it last night :)
So the seeds have been released? I'll keep an eye out on the websites I use to buy seeds or maybe you could PM me the seedbank that is selling them? :)

Taking her outdoors, will give a more complete picture, unique opportunity to see how,Highland Greek Landrace Sativa,grows in her environment,at altitude, place of origin!!

Don't need worms, manure etc BioBizz Light Mix and nutrients are good enough, especially when highland water runs through her rooting system

It'll be great to see that's for sure! Landraces don't need much in terms of nutrients so I'm not surprised there, easy to grow for the most part :)

Last edited:
R

red23

Apparently they are called bidee cigarettes. Very popular in India. They use another leaf instead of eucalyptus there but it's basically the same concept. I read about it last night :)
So the seeds have been released? I'll keep an eye out on the websites I use to buy seeds or maybe you could PM me the seedbank that is selling them? :)

It'll be great to see that's for sure! Landraces don't need much in terms of nutrients so I'm not surprised there, easy to grow for the most part :)
N. summer time,June, I'll have seeds!:)

R

red23

I'm interested red. So you actually smoked cigs rolled from pure eucalyptus leaves with no tobacco/cannabis in them? Does that create a noticeable effect you feel or is it just for fun?
Night4 did some research.Bidees
As kids we did it for fun, but,now I need to find out the technique of rolling a cone, a weaved leaf "cone" they way the aboriginals do it
It must be very old technique, older than India itself(cob possibilities with weed leaves)

R

red23

As kids we did it for fun, but,now I need to find out the technique of rolling a cone, a weaved leaf "cone" they way the aboriginals do it
It must be very old technique, older than India itself(cob possibilities with weed leaves)

Greeks cob their sativas and bury them in the ground:)

Night4wings20

I have an idea of what you're talking about. I haven't spent a lot of time with Aborigines but I think I know how they do it. I'll be traveling soon enough so I'll let you know If I bump into someone who knows more about the aborigine way
smile.gif

Greeks cob their sativas and bury them in the ground:)

Just like the people of Malawi! :) I wonder if Aboriginals were the first to design the cob style of curing. Interesting stuff mate :)

R

red23

I have an idea of what you're talking about. I haven't spent a lot of time with Aborigines but I think I know how they do it. I'll be traveling soon enough so I'll let you know If I bump into someone who knows more about the aborigine way View Image

Just like the people of Malawi! :) I wonder if Aboriginals were the first to design the cob style of curing. Interesting stuff mate :)
Might be interesting to find out how they used to, maybe still do ,store/preserve food?Did they ever use to bury it, or ?

R

red23

Attachments

• IMG_9489.jpg
    IMG_9489.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_9492.jpg
    IMG_9492.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_9493.jpg
    IMG_9493.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_9497.jpg
    IMG_9497.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_9487.jpg
    IMG_9487.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 14
R

red23

The little one
It's not going back to the grow room ever again

Attachments

• IMG_9505.jpg
    IMG_9505.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 18

Night4wings20

Might be interesting to find out how they used to, maybe still do ,store/preserve food?Did they ever use to bury it, or ?

I'll have to get back to you on this one, I'll need to go hang out with some aborigines first :)

Woohoo! The little one is out of the gates outdoors :) The adventure begins.

R

red23

I'll have to get back to you on this one, I'll need to go hang out with some aborigines first :)

Woohoo! The little one is out of the gates outdoors :) The adventure begins.
And I'll keep the big one indoors.
Was advised not to take her out, too risky
I'm must agree