What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Now what - Post Ice water extract

We ran things through yesterday. Not sure on the total weight of the fresh frozen trim. But stopped after about 6 hours of doing runs non-stop.

My arms and wrists are beat to crap. I will definitely be making a snorkel for bucket #1, so that the liquid just pours out the bottom and then I reload on water and start beating the plant matter again.

Any suggestions on processing the collected grades? They are just chilling out in the fridge right now. We do have a strainer but no microplaner.

Can this be converted into those brown hash balls/bricks that look oh so lovely?

Basically whatever form it needs to be in to stored. We aren't likely going to use this stuff for a little bit. And we have more coming given the low temps and our plants outside not being fully matured :(

MedResearcher

Veteran
Freeze drying it seems popular lately. I think it can be as simple as putting it exposed in a freezer for a week or 10 days, or as complex as buying a freeze dryer. Should try it with a chunk.

I think the freezer stops it from oxidizing, so it doesn't get darker than it is. Even lighter as the moisture is drawn out.

Long time ago, was in line for clones out on the street of downtown Oakland, was maybe 4 or 5 a.m. Had an older grower tell me how he was getting some godly price for his bubble. He then went on to explain how if the temperature of the water is low enough that it only takes a very gentle agitation to get the resin heads to break off. Also how some of the terps are water soluble.

So get the water extra cold, and a very quick, super gentle agitation, and you will get less contaminates and a better product. Made bubble like this, that would melt in warm weather. Genetics and health of the flower/trim matter as well of course.

GL,
Mr^^

We haven't done anything with the product. Just sitting in the fridge (not frozen) on a screen on a towel. We store our buds in the fridge because it seems to do a great job curing them.

We have three piles, 25, 45, and 90. We definitely went a little beyond the amount we should have and all three are tints of green. But it's ours and nothing should be wasted!

At this point we're considering combining 25 & 45 and pressing them into a ball. The 90 is a moderate green color and we are considering freezing it to later coco butter it.

Thoughts?

@MedResearcher - great story. I think since it's for personal use we are going to go overboard and try to collect everything. Substituting a little quality for longer supply.

Thanks!

justanotherbozo

Veteran
...you should look up Frenchy Canoli on youtube and watch his icewater hash video, it will answer most, if not all of your questions.

peace, bozo