What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Tangwena

Veteran
This is too cool.. was on ICMAG back in the day and would frequent this same thread and a few more I've found that are still running. Crazy to see how long you've kept this going! Since 2015!! Congratulations Tangwena
Its a mission from the Ganja God my friend.
When I see all the members curing such works of art it makes me feel good.
There are many master curers on this forum and some others to.
Its an art and African tradition that should not be allowed to die.
I find most growers who truly love their plants find this an extension of that love and its a unique expression of each grower.
True art.

blondie

Two blueberry cobs just made a few days ago. Decided to go simple and manually rolled them again. Works just fine.

Attachments

• 2664286C-4B67-48E0-8CF7-34CA9577A099.jpeg
    2664286C-4B67-48E0-8CF7-34CA9577A099.jpeg
    886.3 KB · Views: 50
Its a mission from the Ganja God my friend.
When I see all the members curing such works of art it makes me feel good.
There are many master curers on this forum and some others to.
Its an art and African tradition that should not be allowed to die.
I find most growers who truly love their plants find this an extension of that love and its a unique expression of each grower.
True art.
Serious respect my friend! Crazy how the methods themselves have grown and changed (but not too much) just from the beginning of the thread to now. Good vibrations to you fellow traveler!

Tangwena

Veteran
Serious respect my friend! Crazy how the methods themselves have grown and changed (but not too much) just from the beginning of the thread to now. Good vibrations to you fellow traveler!
Thats just the point my friend there is more than one cure.
I remember every time I scored back in the day it was a new cure experience.
It was all small time farmers supplying the market back then not big growers and the amount of variation was mind blowing.
Just like on this forum.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I pulled out a couple little cobs I made back in January. One was almost black and the inside of the vac bag was stained. another cob has a clean bag. The dark one won't burn as it is too moist. The other makes a fine burning joint even though the material feels sorta moist. The smells of the OHz are just as they were when I cobbed them on both of these. I am chewing on the dark one, smoking the lighter one.

DSC02319.JPG

RottyRzr

I pulled out a couple little cobs I made back in January. One was almost black and the inside of the vac bag was stained. another cob has a clean bag. The dark one won't burn as it is too moist. The other makes a fine burning joint even though the material feels sorta moist. The smells of the OHz are just as they were when I cobbed them on both of these. I am chewing on the dark one, smoking the lighter one.

View attachment 18867576
Are you catching a buzz from chewing? I have some KA5H cobbed up but chewing it does nothing. The folks on here said I need to quit smoking for a while. I like the idea of chewing it but I also like smoking too.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Are you catching a buzz from chewing? I have some KA5H cobbed up but chewing it does nothing. The folks on here said I need to quit smoking for a while. I like the idea of chewing it but I also like smoking too.
If the cob has fermented, then you'll get a hit, even if you still smoke; you just need a larger dose. If your a heavy smoker, then I'd suggest a gram. As you reduce your smoking, you'll be able to get high for many hours on silly little amounts. 20mg is sufficient for my wife, though she prefers around 60-100mg.

@flylowgethigh , unfortunately your starting material was too damp, hence the very dark cobs. My first attempts looked like dog turds and tasted awful too; they still got me stupidly high`though and it encouraged me to continue in the art.
I have a few O haze cobs myself, from the same seed batch as yours and they're absolutely awesome!, not the strongest cobs (that's Golden Tiger), but the high is something else.🙂

ost

If the cob has fermented, then you'll get a hit, even if you still smoke; you just need a larger dose. If your a heavy smoker, then I'd suggest a gram. As you reduce your smoking, you'll be able to get high for many hours on silly little amounts. 20mg is sufficient for my wife, though she prefers around 60-100mg.

@flylowgethigh , unfortunately your starting material was too damp, hence the very dark cobs. My first attempts looked like dog turds and tasted awful too; they still got me stupidly high`though and it encouraged me to continue in the art.
I have a few O haze cobs myself, from the same seed batch as yours and they're absolutely awesome!, not the strongest cobs (that's Golden Tiger), but the high is something else.🙂
i have some purple grape ape that is @ 3 months and it looks stupid dark and not wet i check , will wait for new years party!

Tangwena

Veteran
Some close up in focus pics of the cob would be nice also any pics of the buds at harvest.
If nothing else is the cause its your tolerance, unfortunately smoking seems to kill the brains ability to pick up the effects from chewing.
I have friends who both smoke and chew the cobs they make but I have no way of knowing what effects they get.
I have a theory based on nothing but my own observations of my self.
That the longer you chew cob alone and dont smoke it the more intense the effects thus requiring smaller doses over time.
Its like the brain gets tuned in and enjoys magnifying the effects.
The exact opposite to smoking. I call it a floating charge like a battery you just need to top it up.

Tangwena

Veteran

View attachment 18867576
I had a Panama cob black or rather chocolate brown it was too strong and made me paranoid ha ha the exact opposite to the golden cured cob from the same plant which was floating and calm.
atta_002333_IMG_1028.JPG
atta_002336_import.JPEG
atta_002335_IMG_1029.JPG
atta_002394_img_1039-web.jpg
atta_002469_IMG_1050.JPG

Attachments

• atta_002334_IMG_1033.JPG
    atta_002334_IMG_1033.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 26
I know some people here have said chewing the cobs does nothing for them.. sorry if I'm resurrecting something that has already been covered here, but how much of an effect does decarboxylation have on this outcome? When you sweat your cobs are you doing it at a high enough temp that it decarbs them?

Maybe some people just aren't getting to that high enough of a temperature when they sweat and age them... But maybe decarbing isn't the "aim" of the sweating process at all?

I'm a couple months from a harvest... But I'll have to try that one out and see

Taima-da

I don't think decarb is the aim of the process.

I have cobs that have not sweated that work just fine when chewed.
A few things may be going on.

Smoking tolerance.

Varying liver function.

Expectations about what they will feel over what they actually experience.

Insufficient quality or quantity of input.

For me it took a week or even two before the effect fully opened up.
Then half the dose worked just as well.

I'm not sure everyone who says it don't work for them tries with any persistence, but maybe there are hardheads for whom it doesn't.