What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

'Day X of flowering' - how to calculate X

Teadaemon

I'm sorry for what must be a very simple question, but I've yet to find a clear explanation anywhere I've looked online (though that may be due to my imperfect search techniques), anyway:

When a strain is described as 'requiring X days of flowering' or a plant is 'flowered for X days', is that days on 12/12, or days since the first preflowers appear?

stikky budz

Its days from switching to 12/12,,,,,,,but only use the description as a guideline.( go by trich colour )
True harvest times are more a personal thing i.m.o.
Some people like to harvest slightly early for a more "up" high ( mostly cloudy trichs with the odd amber one)..... others prefer to wait for a lot more amber coloured trichs ( heavier "couchlock" type of stone )

Teadaemon

Thanks, I thought that was probably the case but wanted to check.

I do intend to go by trich colour, though in practice I may harvest my current grow a little early to fit in with my schedule. I was asking the question more because I'm looking at what seeds to buy next and attempting to mentally plan my next 6 months or so of growing.

G

I always start counting the days from the first sign of preflowers....I dont chop til the triches tell me to though so dont really matter.

leroymmj

It's generally accepted that day one of flower is when you switch the lights to 12/12. I've found as a rule of thumb 60 days is a good guide-line.

Latest posts

Latest posts