What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1 dry out before harvest? 2 curing the male?

Hi i had a couple questions and wasn't sure where to post
- should i let the plants dry out entirely before harvest? i have seen this result in more trichome production, as well as a shorter drying time but i am not sure how it will affect the viability of the seeds
- does any one dry and cure their male plant when it's in full bloom? how long will it be viable. I am going to keep looking and post back if i find an answer/ and any one is interested

c. wupe

Evocho

Feed the plant half your max PPM for the last few weeks until trichs are correct color (cloudy, with some amber). Don't starve your plants, they will die/finish on their own! And they will ony uptake nutes that they need and nothing more.

If you want a super smooth and clean smoke/flavor, flush with plain ph'd water for 2 weeks.
Only down side is a little less weight

Good lick

Hi i had a couple questions and wasn't sure where to post
- should i let the plants dry out entirely before harvest? i have seen this result in more trichome production, as well as a shorter drying time but i am not sure how it will affect the viability of the seeds
- does any one dry and cure their male plant when it's in full bloom? how long will it be viable. I am going to keep looking and post back if i find an answer/ and any one is interested

c. wupe

Cure a male plant? For what? Male plants are good for 2 things, hemp, and pollen, neither of which fetches a high price or gets you high. Therefore, unless you are growing hemp or need a lot of pollen, chop those males and throw them on the compost pile.

theoretically, the success of any hybrid line depends on the progeny being "double tapped" with one of the original parents

triple tapped etc.

my male clone is moving so slowly, so i think the stored pollen will need to do. Also it will need to wait until i have room for more females since I will be growing the same females for a few months after the first harvest