What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

14 days to harvest, how often to flush

MMAjay420

Hypothetically speaking, IF i were 14 days from harvest and wanted to start flushing my girls in soil containers, HOW OFTEN to flush and HOW MUCH to flush with?

Thank ya'll

gdbud

Re: 14 days to harvest, how often to flush

I start 14 to 21 days before harvest. My pots are 2 1/2 gallon and I will run about 6 to 7 gallons of H2O between the 2 pots every other day untill my run off ppm levels are at about 150 ppm or less.
My tap water is at about 90 - 100 ppm. Then about day 4 or 5 i will flush again and check my ppm if its about the same as last time then im good if not its another flush or two.
Then it water as normal for the rest of the grow.

Sent from my YP-G1 using Tapatalk 2

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
many will do 2x to 3x the pot size in gallons of water

so with a 1 gallon you would put 2 to 3 gallons of water through it

I just reduce my feed and let them yellow up and don't really dump water or drown them as the girls tend to drink less at the end of their lives and I don't like leaving them in anything that soaked especially when they are slowing their uptake.

Docteur

make a big flush and then wait and cut

thats what i do no daily flush just flush a lot

and check your ppm that simple

festerous

Veteran
Your grow space's humidity is also something to consider, above 60% you do not want to be soaking them with huge amounts of water.

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
dont flush, just stop giving nutes and give only plain water till harvest..

if in hydro i would suggest dwindling down the ppm every 2-3 days till you are at plain water

MMAjay420

yeah took that into consideration too, im thinking ill leave the door ajar in the greenhouse when im flushing and make sure the fans are on...

Your grow space's humidity is also something to consider, above 60% you do not want to be soaking them with huge amounts of water.

S

SeaMaiden

Hypothetically speaking, IF i were 14 days from harvest and wanted to start flushing my girls in soil containers, HOW OFTEN to flush and HOW MUCH to flush with?

Thank ya'll

IF you're growing using organic soil food web methods, you don't. Just give 'em water, or maybe water + a little sugar of some sort, such as our ubiquitous molasses. Doing this at the end of flowering should cause a small population explosion of bacteria, which will fix N into their bodies and give you that nice, yellowed autumnal appearance. Let them get cold during the nights and they should build anthocyanins as well (purple).

MMAjay420

IF you're growing using organic soil food web methods, you don't. Just give 'em water, or maybe water + a little sugar of some sort, such as our ubiquitous molasses. Doing this at the end of flowering should cause a small population explosion of bacteria, which will fix N into their bodies and give you that nice, yellowed autumnal appearance. Let them get cold during the nights and they should build anthocyanins as well (purple).

nice thank you

K

kiwi_growa

^^how cold am i required to make the environment in order to get the buds purple?

pip313

Plants eat via osmosis. Flushing forces nutes out of the plant. You want to use up the nitrogen but why remove the rest? Why starve the plant? Running half dose pk booster only is what I do based on that logic. Its the only reason I have the stuff.

Im no grow expert. But it seems logical.

DrFever

Veteran
well usually last 2 weeks is when buds pack on the weight flushing will only rid N other chemicals cannot be just flushed away so contrary to popular belief if anything you are doing harm keep feeding but back off your plant has grown for months and to think your going to rid it of its chemicals in last 2 weeks is really absurd
this on going debate will go on for ever do what you think my self personally i wouldnt bother period like a person getting ready to run the Boston marathon 2 weeks prior he backs off on his carb and food intake you think he will be in top form to complete the race ??? Not a chance think of a plant as the same thing
more n more growers are realizing to keep a decent feeding helping the plant along the way by adding carbs etc in turn the plant does not need to change and start eatting it self to survive

its funny how the only growers i hear talk about flushing is ganga growers.i only see the point if you use chemical nutes and your reusing your soil.i use water and molasses or honey the last month of flower and my results are great from this method.im also organic and reuse my soil.i wonder if the cartels are out there flushing there fields before harvest.

X

xavier7995

No flushing, during the last two or so weeks I go with just water in soil. I assume that the plants are able to pull some out of the residual stuff in the soil and it just lasts them until the end, tapering off.

Would like to do a bunch of side by side comparisons of very homogenous clones and see results of various methods. Depriving a plant of food as it is doing that final plumping of buds seems illogical. Does it really result in a better end product?

prune

Veteran
I find that prayer and votive candles are twice as effective for flushing excess nutes from improperly raised children.