What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tropical Growing

Chaman

Raco ~!
As always an excelent complement to the thread, thank you my friend as Colombian Sativas back in Og would have never been the same with out you. Jjejee to also think you named several of your creations after good freinds we made there, "Delmonte", "Budularballs","TTT" (Tico todo terreno), "Del lyra"...puta es que no recuerdo bien, de nuestro amigo que me dio las Isis. I hope you can ind time to make your self at home here...here are a few pics I have of yours TTT, and some old pics.

Chaman

Hi Chaman,
you right, slow dried "tropical" is the only way to go, i have found that one has to go to extreme measures to get the correct "dry" so that the flower doesn't fall to pieces as soon as you touch it. Try this but it's almost impossible where we are in the world,....65-68 degrees and 45-55% humdity. You would need A/c and the dehumdifer, and it would cost a fair bit [$$], to get the spongey to touch buds that dont fall apart. With this slow dry method i achieve the golden to light brown colour, much like yourself.

Sounds like you have put alot of thought into the green house and know what you are doing with the build, hope it all goes well.

"There shouldnt' be more then 70% humidity and plants shouldn't take up more then 30-40% of a greenhouse for it to work right acording to Jorge Cervantes Swiss Greenhouse peace in OG."

yes don't fill any more than 40% of the volume with plant matter as it messes with the transpiration in the latter stages, and of course the end production. The figures that Mr C quotes are very familiar to that of Breeder Steve [SoL], whilst he was breeding on the swiss mountains, but this is different from the tropics. Over 50% volume and the high humdity it just doesn't dissapear from the lower parts of the plants creating un-manageable "Mirco Climates". Of course i'm talkin about Equatorial growing in greenhouses where we are hot and sweatie all year the only difference is that it gets wetter and wetter. i think increasing the intake fan for the last few weeks, hopefully you will see the difference. The leaves slowly asume the normal position and don't hang or sagg. I must say at this point that i'm no expert i just found this worked for me on a many an occasion.

As for the low level satays & high level Satays it seems we have the same tastes, i also prefer the combination. I dont breed myself,...i did but not these days and not in Thailand its just to risky where i am. i simply grow 10 seeds of each and generally keep the 2 best looking females and get rid of the rest to keep the numbers down, to about 6 in total [3 strains] i dont have the males long enough to let them show their balls.
If i get a little bored of a buzz then i mix or blend 2 finished buds together, one of High and one of lowland.

"just a though how many generations of a low level sat would be needed to adapt to a high level ambient and kick out the canabinoide production ?"

Quite some time i would have thought in answer to the above, i know my highland type doesn't perform in the same ways where i am, but then its only been the second season for me here and its done in containers or pots, sadly all these factors matter if you are really looking for the "real deal" with the finished product, but i'm still happy.

Anyhow that's enough about Thai plants, this is about Tropical growing.......... back to Colombia.

Peace.

Thai Flowers

sm0kateer4204

Veteran
nice photo's there, just wondering what strain is that in the black and white photo? it looks like an excellent plant.

spicecowboy

High Chaman!

High Chaman!

First of all, I´m very glad to see you over here.- I really missed your "jeje" :canabis:

Check your PMs...

This thread is awsome, what more can I say?

That destroyer is sooo fucking beautiful!

Keep up the great work,

Big Hug,

spice

Chaman

Destroyer

Destroyer

A kind Spanish breeder and cannabis lover indeed was very kind to share some Destroyer.

The first time around, I tried 3 seeds, one died, one grew in a mostly single cola plant, the other split in two from the start. the doble top was dark green win tight spaces as the single top, but the single was light florecent green.

Each only grew 25cm, but was prety cool due to the act that they grew so very alike every step o the way, and was like I had 3 plants, not 2. I got 3oz's off them too ! jejeje

The smoke was so great, it's taste was just incredible ! Powerfull, and wish so much I still had some ! It was very sativa but was done so quickly ! About 4mnths tops from seed to finish. They seemed like they where never gona stop putting out fresh pistels ! Just got fatter and fatter, o a point mold became a prob and one put out a few Bananas....that was my cue to cut down ! Was lucky in a was cuase she polinated several females I had that realy made some interesting crosses like on the previous page.

The Secound time around I put 2 seeds in ground but only one hit...the secound grew to be about 3feet tall, and acording to one of the breeders it was a more Thai feno, she showed all sorts of color changes near the end ! and gave a greater yield of even more frosty indeed tight sativa buds I couldnt get enough of....once agian I could kick my own ass for not keep'n a clone. Glad I still have 1 or 2 seeds ! jejeje and a few crosses.

Just think about it, a plant made of a 3 way cross of Meao Thai, Mexican, and Colombian....jeje Destroyer ! her name fits her well as shes an excelent smoke.

Cool & Calm
Chaman

Pics are o the thai pheno, 2crop.

Last edited:
Hi Chaman,

YES that Destroyer is a beaut, nice flowers and it sounds very manageable height wise, and good yield to.

The thai Pheno you speak of might be what is Nick named around these parts as "Rainbow", this is due to its colour change properties. its common that these plants have many colours through the buds at the end, golden, light green, dark green, red, , black [which looks a bit purple]

Please show us more of your wonderfull Plants.

Peace.

TF

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
tropical greenhouses

tropical greenhouses

Chaman,
i gather your greenhouse is a real greenhouse, that is, it has walls and all!
the one i am building i call it 'pseudo-greenhouse' since it is really only a glass roof, the roof is designed so that excess heat and humidity can escape upwards through vents that allow airflow but no rain inside :joint: it is pretty cool i think :D also, i'm not building real walls for it, just putting a good looking netting around it for camo from the floor up to 2 or 2meters and a half tall. since the tallness of the roof will be 3 meters, there will also be plenty of space up there for ventilation. i think this will keep excess heat and humidty to a minimun for sure. what do you think? also, here is not as humid as where you are. the climate here changes drastically too throughout the day, it is common to see variations in temperature of 10C and even 20C in the same day! same with the humidity.
anyway, as usual, great pictures :yummy:

fuerza!

Chaman

Thai Flowers,
I went to pricesmart today and sall some small dehumidifiers, about $150-$300 and a few ac uints, but there is no way m wife would permintly give up her bathroom jejeje bitches enough when I hang plants in there a month or two...I grow for my self, and to spend so much on my own buds would in a way make me feel like i'm buy'n it jejeje well since i've not spent a single penny on more the buckets and some tools and plastic in such a long time. think my biggest investment have been papers....jeje

Now with the light cabnit this has been a prety big investment lights wood, timer, fan and isulation and a few other details. Will see soon if the cost to run it is worth it, seems to look like it's gona be great ! except that it reeks ! they must have used some bleach on the wood, close it up and sit a while in there and my nose starts too feel on fire, and through too, eyes burn...kinda sucks got it venting to see.

My Dry cabnit is a larg wooden frame, and a big tarp over it, Only one open side, and inside it's got many like ckicken wire fenceing levels and an exhaust fan. It's ligh proof, and has a exhaust to get rid of humidity i hope...and not stle the air in there and provocar molds.

think the dehumidifier I need anyway, with but an ac uint up in the mts here jeje not easy to explain to visitors...wear'n a swearter and shivering jejej as it gets cold at night indeed, when the wind blows its awefull !

I enjoy'n mix'n my buds alot too little of this, with a little of that.

sm0kateer4204,
You'd have to ask Raco my friend, they are originaly his.

Spicecowboy,
Hey thanks for the pm, got ya back on that ! and thanks for the welcome indeed. Can only hope things are cool runnings.

PazVerdeRadical,
my greenhouse a real greenhouse jejejeje jwell i can dream it to be as i please damnit ! jeje na, its a prety shitty sight to see...but it works. I made it out of spare stuf from soem remodeling and constructions done. I'm in the making of a real one...the one described above are all only in blue prints and in dreams for now.

Unless those screens can protect your plants from rain hitting on the sides you'll only realy be able to fully use the near the mid section of your roof I beleave. Once ive got a frame up i'll be hitting the yellow pages and seen what options i have here

Cool & Calm
Chaman

Chaman

Some recent pics....i'll make sure to label each, as i've realy no idea where i'm gona start jejejej 40min into my "mañanero" and love'n life indeed this beautyfull sat morning, litteraly woke up this morning with birds sing'n...jeje seemed I had a flock in my trees as my dogs where going nuts ~! and the sound was intense lots of migrate'n birds these days, can see all sorts of types colores and shapes, and some almost godly medolies...was just think'n "every little thing is gona be alright" jejej

Blessed,
Chaman

Chaman

those are the adults, some are almost ready, some are still young in flower jeje like it that way as there is something alsways interesting to observe.

here are the babies :), but got bad news....I had left them in the light cab over night after venting a while....but the smell must have been still to strong. Most the leafs got burnt...so sad, I took them out this morning to se what I can save. I truely shed a tear...in part due to self hate, and secound I was so pissed there was nothing I can due, ejeje and just myself to blame for not wait'n longer before puttign the babies i nthe cab. But Jah provides...they are back outside back in his hands.

Chaman

Chaman

I took all sorts a pics, here is an albino bud, and some buds i picked out for today and mixed up in my shreader jejejej it's been a lovely day indeed.

Chaman

AGG

Veteran
Chaman incredible pics & strains You have

nice jooint You are smoking ;)

peace

AGG

Chaman

Agg,
Muchas gracias, y gran gusto verte aqui...ejeje wow. Had to switch gears, thanks ! and very happy to see you stop by my friend, it's been a while since i've heard from you. Hope all is going well.

I love it when you roll a joint, light it, take a fw puffs and it changes color ! jeej gooing resin all over your fingers when your done :)

Thanks agian, un fuerte abrazo !
Chaman

PazVerdeRadical

Veteran
Chaman,
Venezuela f2? del monte? :smoker:
please tell us more on the origin and characteristics of those strains :D

Fuerza!

Chaman

Paz,
No te podria decir mas que tengo la suerte de tenerlas....jeje shit! i mean I couldn't say more about them, other then im lucky to grow them. Seen that Raco is the breeeder in this case of both.

I hope he will coment for us

Chaman

PazVerdeRadical

Veteran
Ok Chaman, lets hope Raco shows up sometime and gets to give us details on them strains :D

fuerza!

Last edited:

patolunga2

hello there my friends!!! :wave: at least i had read the whole thread jeje ;)

i´m more then happy seen that the colombian sativa thread is meeting again :D , and more happy seen all that beautifull pics my friend chaman ;)

thx so much for all and soon will be posting more here ;)

greetings everyone!! buenos humos hermanos!

patolunga.

AGG

Veteran
Hello chaman, patolunga & all

Chaman I'm posting this flower like I sayed in Your overgrow thread

The flower opens one night and then die

I love the plant & flowers when open at night

IMG_0035.jpg

right back is one flower closed

peace

AGG

Latest posts