What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

18 x 200 gal smartpots, Northern California, LVPK, Cherry Kush, OG kush, LA Con

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Hey yall figured its about time to get this thread started. A little background, me and my partner at this spot have been growing indoors since around 2007, and we did our first outdoors last year. for 2010 we ran a few 100 gallons and a bunch of 30s and 45s, nothing really worth mentioning a very small personal grow. This is the first year we are running 200 gal pots and going a little bigger. I followed alot of advice from people like Ganja D, Nomaad, AeroG, Tom Hill, SickSkills, and a few other people sorry if i forgot. My friend has been mentored by more old school growers, so our two frames of thought kind of clash. hes more oldschool KISS, im more "use the latest ICmag techniques"..

anyways, everything is 50/50. He lives on site, pays the rent, etc. I paid for all the soil, smartpots, supplied the genetics, scripts, etc....I visit once every week or so to help out and check on things. We are only about halfway through setting things up, we have 10 smartpots filled so far. of the 18 plants planned, about 4 are in subpar light and only get light from 10am to 5pm or so, they get blocked by adjacent trees,etc. the other plants pictured below get a nice 10-12 hours as the sun passes right over them.

the soil mixture is Fox Farms Ocean Forest, Light Warrior, Wormcastings, and perlite. The ratio per pot is around 8-10 bags of LW, 6-7 bags of OF, 1 bag of wormcastings (22litres i think), and maybe 5-10% perlite. I wanted to add more supplements but things have been kinda rushed so we didnt get everything we wanted in there, which means topdressing and compost teas later in the summer. I used alot of LW because my partner is lazy and doesnt PH balance the water, and LW is nice and PH balanced so it helps keep things stable.

Strains are Cherry Pie (GDPxDurban)XOGkush, LVPK, SFV OG kush, and LA Confidential. Im regretting bringing the Cherrys up here, they are looking skimpy and having problems which il show later. Meanwhile the LA con and LVPK are looking really healthy. We are debating putting 2x Cherry per pot to get better yeild, and i might be buying some Blue Dream Teenagers to fill their place.

Anyways on to the pictures.....

The ladies last month, they started indoors in my 400w veg tent
outdoorshiet002.jpg

Loaded up in my SUV for the journey north..
outdoorshiet003.jpg

My first pallets in my growing career, 1 pallet of FFOF and 1 of FFLW only filled up 10 smartpots! so we gotta go restock on the soil soon..
outdoorshiet004.jpg

Some of the ladies prior to getting transplanted. The LA CON make up the first row, shorter and busy. The LVPK and SFV OG are in 2nd row, been vegging for a good 2-3 months now..
jun2011013-1.jpg

LVPK in the front, nice and big..
jun2011018.jpg

LA Con
jun2011017.jpg

a couple pics of the pots we filled so far...they are kind of low because my partner thought 200 gals were overkill so we only filled em up with around 150gallons. however i am going to top off most of these pots soon, i want them filled a little more.
jun2011025.jpg

I was kind of concerned that the spacing is too tight, however we are pressed for real estate so it will have to do for now. our goal is to keep training them down, keep em short and busy..
jun2011024.jpg

the open spaces where the next 8 will go...
jun2011027.jpg

here is the side below where the plants dont get the most light..the trailer blocks light in the morning and a large tree blocks light late evening, so we are thinking about putting our smaller plants on this side and planting 2x per 200 gallon, and throw some 30s and 45s in there and see what happens. our largest plants (OG and LVPK) are going to the prime sunlight..
jun2011026.jpg

jun2011028.jpg

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
so for watering i really wanted to set up multiple res' and a nice irrigation system like Nomaad and the others here, however my partner wants to keep things simple, he hand waters out of the hose, PH comes out around 7-8ph which i was worried about being too high...but he assures me that everyone out here in butte county waters from the tap, we watered from tap last year and produced some good nugs anyways....so im letting him do his thing. if any of you guys perceive this to be a problem let me know so i can give him some fox farms nutes that will lower the Ph a bit..

Anways, here are pics of some fan leaves on the cherry pie that are showing some kind of burn. Its only happening on the cherrys, everything else is nice and green.

Any advice appreciated!! im assuming its because of nute burn from the hot soil that it got transplanted into, but im pretty baffled what it is..i also found a fair share of spider mites on the cherrys so they are being treated with Floramite and SNS17..

jun2011014.jpg

jun2011015.jpg

jun2011016.jpg

jun2011020.jpg

and heres a few pics from last years Cherry Pie, we ran them in 30 gal pots last year and they came out great!
5021540081_75ca408cd6_b.jpg

5021540149_63d9021442_b.jpg

thats all for now...nothing much to see so far, il keep things updated. any advice is always appreciated!! i know im still new at the whole 200 gal game so im always looking for new pointers and tips...heres to a good season!

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
looking good buddy, hope all goes very well this season for ya! i want a cut of that cherry pie!

might want to think about getting a 200-300 gallon plastic res they sell on craigslist and have water already ph'd and nutrient up for your partner to water, that's what my boys do up there....

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
^yea we still have some time and money so might be doing that....he's an organic soil grower who is in love with compost teas and stuff like that, but he keeps them out in like 10 5 gallon home depot buckets lol....i gotta upgrade things, il look for one of those 200 gal res. luckily we have 2 seperate water faucets hooked up to the outside of the trailer, so maybe two reservoirs..also gonna topdress the plants in flower.

also planned for future is the trellis, but thats a month off...but basicaly each smartpot will be trellis'd up nicely, wrapped around the entire plant.

cant wait until i have some pictures actually worth posting of some giant budding plants!

Endur

Veteran
Nice, proper grow man.
Best of luck going big. It's going to get crazy in couple months.
I'll take a seat, and enjoy the Grow.
Peace
Endur

G

guest8905

hey yesforprop215, nice outties, thanks for sharing

your spot looks sweet, nice and bright...nice genetics too

those 200s are gonna fill up fast.

ok im taking a seat for this one!!

stickky :ying:

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
tagged

tagged

My outdoor dreams live on thru you Cali cats.

Good luck bro

:tiphat:

CanniDo Cowboy

Veteran
Hey YP215...I spent quite a fews years on "the Ridge", tryin to get things done. I had 7 acres and it still seemed like no matter how many trees I dropped, I could never get enough sun! lol. I was on a well and had water rights that came out of Mag. Reservoir so that helped some. Didnt care for the grow politics up there, but other than that, summer livin was easy...Good luck to ya man, gonna follow along...CC

McDank8O5

nice start Prop215, IMHO I feel like you will run into future problems with your partner, seems like a lot of conflicting ideas, regardless you guys are doing it so big ups to ya!

I get OCD about smart pots not filled all the way, glad to know youll be on the issue:tiphat:

highroller614

I like what I see my friend......FYI my rain water ph is around 7.8. As long as there is soil involved you dont have to bother with ph'ing the water. Besides that's more work.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
nice start Prop215, IMHO I feel like you will run into future problems with your partner, seems like a lot of conflicting ideas, regardless you guys are doing it so big ups to ya!

I get OCD about smart pots not filled all the way, glad to know youll be on the issue:tiphat:

yea we have differences all the time hah, but ive been working with the guy for over a decade in various projects and investments he is solid...he's a stubborn guy but he has seen what ive grown so he knows the IC advice speaks volumnes...

hes also the one puttin in the daily watering and other work so if he wants to handwater instead of having a res then so be it....im sure after a few weeks he will be like "lets set that res up this is a bitch to handwater" lol...

everyone else thanks for the good luck i know we will need it hah, its never smooth sailing in this game....worst case scenario is the cops chopper in and chop our plants down, or rippers, so im praying for the best but not getting my hopes 100% up...

we do have cameras set up around the property and he lives on site, and he has built a network of fences sectioning off entry points, etc....we have nicknamed it the "vietnamese jungle camp" because of all the bamboo walls...

Fucking cool mang! I'm with Krunch dude, want that Cherry Pie! Crossing it with that Lemon OG outta bring something interesting...

ajc0k

yea we have differences all the time hah, but ive been working with the guy for over a decade in various projects and investments he is solid...he's a stubborn guy but he has seen what ive grown so he knows the IC advice speaks volumnes...

hes also the one puttin in the daily watering and other work so if he wants to handwater instead of having a res then so be it....im sure after a few weeks he will be like "lets set that res up this is a bitch to handwater" lol...

everyone else thanks for the good luck i know we will need it hah, its never smooth sailing in this game....worst case scenario is the cops chopper in and chop our plants down, or rippers, so im praying for the best but not getting my hopes 100% up...

we do have cameras set up around the property and he lives on site, and he has built a network of fences sectioning off entry points, etc....we have nicknamed it the "vietnamese jungle camp" because of all the bamboo walls...

Yo last time i looked at my old mans work he had a few 200-300 gal reservoirs laying around sitting there think he was trying to get rid of them.. the square opaque-ish ones you see in warehouse grows and shit. i'll check them out in a few days when i'm there, just incase you ever decide to get res's..
Grow is looking good!

Latest posts

Latest posts